PDA

View Full Version : Have you dreamed any Final Fantasy related dreams?

MJN SEIFER
08-08-2013, 12:10 AM
I posted a thread about this years ago, but it was when I was still fairly new I think, so the thread's well past its sell-by-date. I felt like asking it again, since for some reason I've been thinking of my FF dreams lately, even though I don't think I've had any recently.

I think my most recent (and that was at least three or four years old by my best guess) was this; I was playing FFVII, but it was super-linear to the point of making it one of the worst games I'd played (It's my favorite Final Fantasy). I don't mean that it was just a limited game, like it lost it's variety, I mean that the game made it impossible to deviate from what you were supposed to do, and and if you did the slightest thing wrong (like answered incorrectly, or went the wrong direction) it would be game over. I think I had this dream around the time I was toying on founding a reviewing site (not doing that now), so it was probably just three years ago.

I had another FFVII dream (I'm going in random order now) where I was just flying around in the Highwind (in the game), and it was when Meteor was in the sky. Suddenly the music changed (if I recall correctly, it was the "Time's Up" music from one of the Sonic games - I'll check the real title if you want) and I guessed what was happening and panicked. I just flew around in circles not knowing what to do (for some reason "land and save" wasn't that obvious) and then suddenly the game stopped and a man's voice said "Meteor has struck". Obviously this was back when I wasn't sure whether Meteor could actually fall during the game, and I was kind of paranoid about it because I hated knowing something was going to happen, but not knowing when exactly when back then. I think I knew the man's voice from a comercial, but I'm not sure.

Also, in hindsight, wouldn't that be a kind of lame way for Square to show Meteor destroying the world in game - for them not to show it, and just have a voice announce it?

FFVII again, I'm sure I dreamed that Yuffie died at the end of disk one, instead of Aeris but I can't remember too much about that.

My final dream wasn't FFVII, but FFIX; I got into one of the Ragtimer battles, and attacked Ragtimer (I guess I didn't know the answer) but instead of calling me horrible, and running away, he said "nark" (I put "narf" on the previous version of this because I thought it sounded better) and summoned another monster; it had the same eye that most of the flying ones have, but it was on the ground. It used a an attack on me, and my team died, but then the games credits ran with some sad(?) music playing. I think it was from a home movie, but I'm not sure.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-08-2013, 04:34 AM
I had a dream in middle school that I was playing pool with the entire party from Final Fantasy VII. Then Sephiroth came in and sliced the pool table in half with his Masamune because he didn't want to see us have fun. And I think the 8 ball reminded him of the black materia.

Mercen-X
08-08-2013, 06:34 AM
The closest I've come to this was my KH-related dream where Riku turned into Terranort at the end. The other memorable part of that dream was the multitransformable keyblade that could split in two and form a sword and shield. A dream that really felt like playing a game.

Mirage
08-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Yes, a few. One or two FF7 related ones, and half a dozen FF11 related dreams.

Spooniest
08-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Three, that I know of. I've spoken of one already, but it involved having put on Advent Children and gone to sleep...it reverted to the menu music ("One Winged Angel") and I had a nightmare about stabbing my sister to death. "Ira Vehementi," indeed.

The first was rather brief, but it was about FF6. I had seen this preview in EGM (WARNING: Large Image.) (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33809435/EGMPreviewFF6.PNG) I had played FF4 (when it was Final Fantasy 2), and was totally on board.

So I had a dream where Locke, Edward Edgar and Tina Terra were fighting a battle (an attack from behind, as they were on the left side of the screen...maybe?), at night, with lightning flashes or something, and there was a separate battle going on in the background, and Locke stepped forward, turned back to that battle, and yelled in the most hammy, deep, overdramatic Captain America voice, "FIGHT AMONGST YOURSELVES!!"

The second occured while I was playing through the game for the first time, at my friend Robbie's house. I used to spend the night there and play games with him, cuz his family could afford games and mine couldn't. So we played until we dropped, as we usually did, and we were up to the part where you get the airship for the first time; we'd tried entering Vector and met the Guardian.

I had a dream where...something happened...it's lost to eternity at this point...but I ended up getting a game over, and then a CD cutscene played (we had played LUNAR: The Silver Star already; this one was more along the lines of the animation level of Dragon's Lair, though the art style was the one used in the character portraits of FF6). In it, Cyan, Sabin, Locke, the whole party were imprisoned in Magitek Capsules (the way the Espers are when you find them at the end of the Magitek Research Facility)...it was clear they'd all been captured, and the Empire had won. Terra was touring the facility, and provided narration:

"And so our battle was lost. It was a shame that no one could save us from the Empire."

Then it cut to a shot of the Guardian blasting the camera. Game over, man.

LadyJuxtaposition
09-17-2013, 01:31 AM
I had a dream about Dissidia Final Fantasy was an anime series and I was watching every episode on my laptop nonstop. It was actually fun and exciting because I can get to admire Firion and Cecil fighting together against the manikins while hearing Kuja's voice saying poetry. :love:

silentenigma
09-18-2013, 08:48 PM
I have experienced the airship crash in FFVI with dream-like realism.

Jinx
09-24-2013, 02:42 AM
None that I can share on the forum without being banned.

Aulayna
09-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I had a dream about being Aerith and having a date with Cloud and riding the Highwind around. I'll leave it at that... :shifty:

I also had a dream about beating Dark Yojimbo too after spending about two weeks failing on him... then actually finally beat that scumbag the next day.

Ayen
10-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I had a dream this past morning that couldn't decide if it wanted to be about 7 or 10. It featured Cloud/Tidus acting out something Aerith/Yuna wrote and they were mad they were doing it at first until people started to cheer and enjoy it. Then they flew away on a magic carpet (I don't know why there's a magic carpet, Kingdom Hearts reference?). Aerith/Yuna said she had to leave in ten and Cloud/Tidus was like, "It's only going to take you ten seconds to be convinced to stay."

It was weird.