PDA

View Full Version : Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright Announced!

Formalhaut
08-08-2013, 05:11 AM

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney Confirmed for Western Release - IGN (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/07/professor-layton-vs-ace-attorney-confirmed-for-western-release)

The news I have been waiting for. Yay! One of my favourite video game series (Professor Layton) teams up with one of the video game series I'd most like to get into (Phoenix Wright).

I wonder how they will gel together. I'm guessing it will be split up between exploration and interviewing from the Layton side of things, to the in-court battles that the Phoenix Wright series is so famous for. But damn, I'm excited.

Discuss, excite, enthuse, whatever.

:cheer:

Skyblade
08-08-2013, 05:22 AM
HELL YES.

I've followed this game since the original announcement, the original promise by Capcom not to release it, followed by their fan poll and change of mind.

From what I've seen and heard of the Japanese release, this game is amazing. It combines characters, themes, and stories excellently.

The only negative things I've heard are:

1. It is a long game, being essentially a full Professor Layton game and a full Phoenix Wright game combined.
2. It takes place in a new world, so things are slightly different from both Ace Attorney and Professor Layton in terms of tone and familiarity of the worlds.

Number 2 comes up far less than Number 1. And when the single most vocal complaint is "it's too long", I think it's a pretty sweet game.

Even after Capcom had promised to release it, we'd gone so long without news that I was afraid they'd changed their mind again. This is a day one purchase for me.

Agent Proto
08-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Oh, I knew about this, but I haven't really got around to making this thread, so props to you for making it! I was pretty excited about this game when it was being made, yet was disappointed to learn it would be Japan only. Now to finally have it release worldwide is exciting! I have never played any of the PL games, but from what I know about them, they seem pretty fun. I can't wait to try a PL before I get my hands on this game in the future!

Formalhaut
08-08-2013, 05:27 AM
HELL YES.

I've followed this game since the original announcement, the original promise by Capcom not to release it, followed by their fan poll and change of mind.

From what I've seen and heard of the Japanese release, this game is amazing. It combines characters, themes, and stories excellently.

1. It is a long game, being essentially a full Professor Layton game and a full Phoenix Wright game combined.
2. It takes place in a new world, so things are slightly different from both Ace Attorney and Professor Layton in terms of tone and familiarity of the worlds.

Number 2 comes up far less than Number 1. And when the single most vocal complaint is "it's too long", I think it's a pretty sweet game.

The game being long is a bloody positive in my books, and to be honest, number 2 was inevitable seeing how they had to bridge two games with two slightly different 'tones'. I don't mind in the slightest.

I'm in a similar situation with Proto, only reversed. I've played the SMURF out of the entire Professor Layton series so far released (with a sixth to come, at some point), yet, unfortunately, never played any of the Phoenix Wright games. It'll be good to finally get to play one, even if it is in a Vs formatting.

Skyblade
08-08-2013, 05:41 AM
HELL YES.

The game being long is a bloody positive in my books, and to be honest, number 2 was inevitable seeing how they had to bridge two games with two slightly different 'tones'. I don't mind in the slightest.

I'm in a similar situation with Proto, only reversed. I've played the SMURF out of the entire Professor Layton series so far released (with a sixth to come, at some point), yet, unfortunately, never played any of the Phoenix Wright games. It'll be good to finally get to play one, even if it is in a Vs formatting.

Yeah, exactly. I've never had a problem with a game being too long, that I can remember. It just means more time to play for me!

And, I agree, I also knew the world would be different, and don't really care. It looks fantastic, and has gotten stellar reviews.

I am so psyched for this game!

Rantz
08-08-2013, 05:53 AM
I AM VARY EXCITE

Shauna
08-08-2013, 09:38 AM
capcom/Level 5 hurry up so you can take all my money

I mean - AA5, Prof Layton, Prof LaytonxAA... all they need is AAI2 and I will love them forever. ;_;

Jinx
08-08-2013, 04:17 PM
I've never played either of these games, but I've always wanted to. I might pick this game up when it comes out. :D