PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest Revival

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 04:45 AM
(deleted for foolishness)

Slothy
08-09-2013, 01:06 PM
The funny thing is that my LP will be returning soon (I seriously have enough pics stockpiled for several updates), but I don't mind having another thread pop up. Nothing like some friendly competition. ;)

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Oops.

By all means, go on.

Good to know we were worried for nothing.

Flying Mullet
08-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Two Mystic Quest threads?

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 04:00 PM
There can only be one.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33809435/MysticQuestBoss.mp3

But in all seriousness, if Vivi22 is going to continue, that makes my revival redundant. I wonder if I could get the mods to do me a solid and lock this baby up?

Formalhaut
08-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Hey, don't feel bad Spoony. You've jumpstarted Vivi to finish off what he started!

Slothy
08-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I refuse to lock this on the grounds that I want to see where you're going with it, and Mystic Quest can never get enough love (and hate, but mostly love).

Formalhaut
08-09-2013, 05:13 PM
and Mystic Quest can never get enough love (and hate, but mostly love).

Mostly ridicule as well.

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I want to see where you're going with it

Going with it?

I was going to start a new LP of Mystic Quest with it, because I had presumed that Flying Mullet's "RIP Let's Play Mystic Quest" message was confirmed in some way.

"That was...arrogant presumption." (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/StarTrekVITheUndiscoveredCountry?from=Main.StarTrekVITheUndiscoveredCountry)

I really don't feel it serves any purpose if you're going to continue. I was merely attempting to fill what appeared to me as a demand for Mystic Quest-related entertainment. Performer's instinct, that's all.

Flying Mullet
08-09-2013, 05:23 PM
I was merely attempting to fill what appeared to me as a demand for Mystic Quest-related entertainment.
There's always demand for more Mystic Quest-related entertainment. There can never be enough.

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Oh, I don't know. It just seems so silly to be running parallel LP's.

And I somehow get the feeling I'm being trololololol'd.

:)

Formalhaut
08-09-2013, 05:27 PM
I'd pay good money to watch Mystic Quest get absolutely ripped to shreds with comedy and sarcastic humour.

EDIT: But if you really don't want to do a Mystic Quest LP, do another Let's Play. Can never have enough Let's Plays!

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Ok, I'll make a deal with you.

Name the character in my sig, and tell me what he's just done, and I'll start it back up.

Cause if there's anything that gets less love than Mystic Quest, it's Legend of the Crystals.

Formalhaut
08-09-2013, 05:46 PM

Name the character in my sig, and tell me what he's just done, and I'll start it back up.

Cause if there's anything that gets less love than Mystic Quest, it's Legend of the Crystals.

Prettz, from Legend of the Crystals.

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 06:02 PM

Prettz, from Legend of the Crystals.

Correct, but you haven't told me what has just happened in the shot I have up. It's a crop of a direct snapshot from a VHS-to-DVD transfer.

Formalhaut
08-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Erm... is he in a fight with someone?

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Judges?

8OVr3EfB_z8

I'm sorry, but that isn't specific enough. ;)

Formalhaut
08-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Judges?

8OVr3EfB_z8

I'm sorry, but that isn't specific enough. ;)

Is he erm... fighting some mantis-type monster?

Oh come on! I've not even seen this pile of crap!

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 07:05 PM

You ain't never gonna get a second LP of Mystic Quest with that attitude. :D

But seriously, it probably isn't nearly as bad as you think. There are musical references to Final Fantasy V... :roll2

Formalhaut
08-09-2013, 07:10 PM

You ain't never gonna get a second LP of Mystic Quest with that attitude. :D

But seriously, it probably isn't nearly as bad as you think. There are musical references to Final Fantasy V... :roll2

Whenever Final Fantasy is in a film type format, it never, ever goes well.

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 07:26 PM
So you say, but you haven't seen it.

Anyway, I'm not going to back off. You want me to do this LP, you're gonna have to watch it and tell me where the shot is from. :ffviscorn:

Edit: Or, well, naturally, if you can find out by some other means than watching it, I'll accept that too.

Yerushalmi
08-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Frankly, Mystic Quest gets a lot of undeserved crap. Yes, the gameplay is simplistic to the point of idiocy, but the plot is full of so many brilliant subversions of the standard fantasy story that it kept me laughing and on my toes throughout.

Legend of the Crystals, though, doesn't get enough of the crap it deserves, excellent musical cues notwithstanding, because it's too unknown :p

Spooniest
08-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Ah, I think if ya'd just watch the thing, I was like 10 years old when this thing came out...

I loved it! It was perfect.

:D Y'all're a buncha picky cats

You think Final Fantasy IX is a nostalgia trip...

Yerushalmi
08-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Ah, I think if ya'd just watch the thing, I was like 10 years old when this thing came out...

I loved it! It was perfect.

:D Y'all're a buncha picky cats

You think Final Fantasy IX is a nostalgia trip...

I did watch it. About two months ago.

Maybe you have to be younger :p

Spooniest
08-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Well? Where in the film is the shot in my sig from?

Yerushalmi
08-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Well? Where in the film is the shot in my sig from?
Not a clue. It was pretty awful, I don't remember it :p

Spooniest
08-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Well, as I said. If anyone can tell me where in the film this shot occurs, I will do a LP of Mystic Quest, or another SNES rpg by Square.

So there we are.

Inferno
08-12-2013, 08:58 PM
huh, on a plane ?

Spooniest
08-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Don't just guess...

Come on, try to watch the thing :)

Inferno
08-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Right after he slashes the big monster thing... here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MU_LfS4ODFs&t=5751)

Spooniest
08-14-2013, 08:43 PM
I think it would be kind of a dick move at this point to say "You haven't told me what happened."

I will accept this answer, in lieu of a better one.

But as my brother, Chuck21, has noted elsewhere, my data limit is bearing down on me like a Mack Truck. I probably won't be able to post anything until the 22nd.

TALLY HO!

Chuck21
08-16-2013, 03:01 AM
If anyone wishes to continue guessing, I am well aware of the competition happening on this thread and also aware of the answer. I can moderate in his absents

[EDIT] I've just been informed that Formalhaut actually had the winning answer so there is no need to continue guessing. Spooniest will continue with his Mystic Quest Revival as soon as he can.