PDA

View Full Version : Play based on the story of Final Fantasy VI: Anyone down?

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 01:01 PM
I just got this idea from the LARP'ing thread:

If I offer to script and direct a play based on the story of Final Fantasy VI, would anyone be interested in acting in it?

Writing Sample #1 (http://home.eyesonff.com/timber-maniacs-hq/151589-writing-prompts-your-fellow-members.html#post3300456)

Writing Sample #2 (http://home.eyesonff.com/timber-maniacs-hq/151589-writing-prompts-your-fellow-members.html#post3298090)

Writing Sample #3 (http://home.eyesonff.com/timber-maniacs-hq/151657-proposed-outline-final-fantasy-vi-prequel-warning-couple-swears.html#post3299036)

Please note that #3 does not necessarily reflect the play I would write; as well, I don't mean re-enact Final Fantasy VI, but write an original story told within the time frame of the game itself.

Note: The emphasized statement above has gone out the window. See below. This will be a dramatization of the Flashback in Zozo.

Formalhaut
08-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Me? Act? Pfffft.

Good idea though. I imagine FFVI would be interesting if told in a dramatic play. Kefka would come into his own I imagine.

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 04:38 PM
It would be too long for a stage play, and there would be too many action sequences and special effects required.

But to dramatize the flashback in Zozo would be thought-provoking enough.

Red Mage Coffman
08-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Dude, yes. I would TOTALLY be down with acting. I love acting and I have ALWAYS wanted a Final Fantasy esque play. Seriously.

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Great! Welcome aboard!

I don't think a one-person play is going to do it, but I'm happy for your enthusiasm.

Who else?

Mercen-X
08-09-2013, 08:04 PM
If you can find me, I will come... and I will also play with you... and I will also act in your play. But I will become a sloth if you ride me too hard (giggity).

Mercen-X
08-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I'll play Clyde Arrowny. I assume he'd have the fewest lines. lol

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Alright~!

Our cast has officially grown to two people!

And I guess FINAL FANTASY VI: FLASHBACK is as good a working title as any.

PRESENT DAY
TINA BRANFORD
LOCKE COLE
SETZER GABIANNI (One line)
SABIN RENE FIGARO (One line)
EDGAR RONI FIGARO (One line)

FLASHBACK
MADEEN
MADELINE BRANFORD
ALEXANDER (The Elder)
FENRIR (The Wolf Guy)
LAKSHMI (The Faerie - One line)
YURA (Two lines)
EMPEROR GHASTRA

As for non-speaking parts:

PRESENT DAY
CAYENNE GARAMONDE
GAU
MOG

FLASHBACK
IMPERIAL SOLDIERS (As many as four)
EIDOLONS (Two, can be any not listed above...nothing with world-ending powers)

Please note that I will reserve casting decisions for myself at this time, and also that I have no qualms about someone cross-dressing for a part. Also, note that no one in the present day appears in the flashback, so it'll be perfectly convenient for people to play more than one part (though it's going to involve hella costume changes).

I'll play Clyde Arrowny. I assume he'd have the fewest lines. lol

Er...um...he's not in it.

BACKDROPS

BRICK WALL (Zozo)
CAVE (Madeline's resting place and the Sealed Gate on the Eidolon side, distinguished by colored lighting)
YELLOWED GRASSY HILLS WITH BRIDGES (Outdoor Eidolon World)
WATER AND DEAD TREES REFLECTED IN WATER (Sealed Gate on Human side)

PROPS

MAGICITE
BED
TORCHES x2

UPDATE: Mercen-X raised a valid point, and I thought I'd better get it out in the open.

Only problems arise on my end. I don't know where you're planning to hold this. I don't drive and I don't have a camera to "phone it in" (my laptop did, but I need to get that repaired).

Yeah, I know. We're all spread out.

It's possible this may never come to fruition, but if I can lay hold of enough dough someday, I'll simply pay to have everyone flown in.

But the play's the thing.

Mercen-X
08-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Fair warning, I can only lend my body and voice to this project. I don't have access to nor the money for other necessities (like costumes).

Spooniest
08-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Another valid point.

I'll make it absolutely clear that the onus for funding this rests solely on me, unless (the copyright holder) offers.