PDA

View Full Version : Room Design Ideas! :)

yukina
08-12-2013, 02:28 AM
Hey guys! My family and I are moving to a bigger (yay!) house hopefully by the end of this year. I've been sharing a room with either my parents or one of my siblings so having my own room after sooooo long makes me giddy with excitement. :> The new house is undergoing minor renovations and in a couple of weeks time, the repainting is gonna start.

So, what paint color/combination would you people recommend? I want the room to be kinda gamer themed although there's a separate room for gaming (and I'll probably be asking ideas about that as well haha). I'm thinking of blue-green motif like this one: 46107

But red looks good too. 46108

As the date of moving draws near, I'll be able to post pictures of the actual room for other design considerations but until then, paint ideas would be very much welcome :)

Disclaimer: I don't think my future room is as big as those pictures. :))

noxious.sunshine
08-12-2013, 02:56 AM
That blue room is gorge!!!

yukina
08-12-2013, 02:59 AM
That blue room is gorge!!!

I thought so as well! I was originally thinking a darker shade of blue but looks like a lighter one works as well :)

Shorty
08-12-2013, 03:09 AM
This search will give you everything you ever wanted when it comes to design ideas. (http://weheartit.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&ac=0&query=apartment+therapy&commit=) Pinterest is good, too.

I like the blue room!

noxious.sunshine
08-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Like. I love bright colors and if I had my way, everything would be yellow turqouise and pink.

It would. And white. I love white too.

I absolutely cannot wait for us to buy a house so that I can do whatever the hell I want with it. My bf & our roommate are talking about buying a house here in Clarksville, living in it, and then eventually renting it out and moving elsewhere so that they have that income.

yukina
08-12-2013, 03:58 AM
This search will give you everything you ever wanted when it comes to design ideas. (http://weheartit.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&ac=0&query=apartment+therapy&commit=) Pinterest is good, too.

Checking the link now!

I actually considered white but after living within white/cream walls my whole life, I think I'm ready for a spot of color. :))

noxious.sunshine
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
You can do just an accent wall.

Like do 1 turqouise wall and let that be your focal point of the room and everything else kind of go along with it.

My sister painted the walls in their house different colors - one is like a dark pastel yellow/gold color (it's hard to explain) and the other is a dark olive green and the kitchen is dark red. It looks good 'cuz it fits like their style, but it's too boring & drab for me.

Araciel
08-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Bunk beds.

Calliope
08-14-2013, 02:41 AM
Racecar beds!

ThornQueen
08-15-2013, 04:54 AM
I'd say use your favorite color as a main theme throughout the room and then choose a complimentary color to accent it! Otherwise I always go for calming colors if I can have my choice.

I'd say lots of shelves. You can never have too much organization >:3
/looks around at her disaster of a room.

Yup. Definitely get lots of shelving/storage! Right now a lot of places have bright fun colors for back-to-school!