PDA

View Full Version : IKEA

qwertysaur
08-13-2013, 04:30 AM
Is it a furniture store or an adult lego store?

Formalhaut
08-13-2013, 04:31 AM
I have never been inside an IKEA.

qwertysaur
08-13-2013, 04:32 AM
They have meatballs!

Formalhaut
08-13-2013, 04:34 AM
They have meatballs!

Because the draw of meatballs is enough right?

qwertysaur
08-13-2013, 04:35 AM
They have meatballs!

yessssssssssssssssss~

Formalhaut
08-13-2013, 04:37 AM
They have meatballs!

yessssssssssssssssss~

So wait, it's both a furniture store, AND a restaurant? That's like your local swimming pool also housing a library.

qwertysaur
08-13-2013, 04:38 AM
They have meatballs!

yessssssssssssssssss~

So wait, it's both a furniture store, AND a restaurant? That's like your local swimming pool also housing a library.
It's just meatballs. So it's like the swimming pool has the entire Nancy Drew book series. :quina:

Jiro
08-13-2013, 04:42 AM
I saw an IKEA once. They need to expand into Australia more, I want to visit. Maybe I should go there for my next date.

Loony BoB
08-13-2013, 04:21 PM
I just wish my flat was big enough to hold more IKEA.

DK
08-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Lately at work the textbooks for the lowest level adults have a lesson about going to buy things, and the setting for this is furnature shops. I was teaching a lesson to two regular students and they were practicing giving each other information about where to shop, when one of them was like "You should try ikki-a, they're having a sale!"

I was sitting there like "what the living shit is an ikki-a? ikki-a...ikki-a?? wait....no xD" so I wrote down IKEA on a piece of paper and asked her like "is this ikki-a?" and she nodded at me all happily, and I promptly died right in her face. When I told them how we pronounce it in English they went properly mental with the "EEEHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!" and thus I have been delighting in doing this to all my other beginner students ever since.

LocoColt04
08-13-2013, 04:26 PM
BoB gets it.

I know people who go to the IKEA in Austin solely for the food up at the front. As in... grocery shopping at IKEA. Insanity!!

Also, the one up in Allen is even bigger, and it definitely qualifies as adult Legoland.

Loony BoB
08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Lately at work the textbooks for the lowest level adults have a lesson about going to buy things, and the setting for this is furnature shops. I was teaching a lesson to two regular students and they were practicing giving each other information about where to shop, when one of them was like "You should try ikki-a, they're having a sale!"

I was sitting there like "what the living trout is an ikki-a? ikki-a...ikki-a?? wait....no xD" so I wrote down IKEA on a piece of paper and asked her like "is this ikki-a?" and she nodded at me all happily, and I promptly died right in her face. When I told them how we pronounce it in English they went properly mental with the "EEEHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!" and thus I have been delighting in doing this to all my other beginner students ever since.
I know people who say I Kea (for those not in NZ, that's Eye-Key-Uh) and people who say Icky Ah. So I honestly don't know what I use, and now I'm starting to think I must say either depending on who I'm talking to. o_o

Denmark
08-13-2013, 04:37 PM
it's eye-key-uh because that's how words work

i wish my car was bigger so it'd be easier to buy stuff from ikea and take it home :(

Formalhaut
08-13-2013, 04:44 PM
We are NOT turning this into another pronunciation thread.

LocoColt04
08-13-2013, 04:46 PM
We are, however, turning it into a food thread.

Because.

Because I don't like chocolate, but IKEA has some damn good milk chocolate. And jam. mmmmmmmm

Calliope
08-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Del took me to Ikea for the first time this year, it was like a fascinating museum where the collective array of stuff overwhelmed the appeal of any individual piece.

Shorty
08-13-2013, 05:09 PM
I've been twice, I think. It's a pretty fascinating experience. The food was damn good, too! I don't remember what I got, but it wasn't meatballs.

Psychotic
08-13-2013, 08:49 PM
We have a six story IKEA near us. My house is loaded with stuff. Bastards fucked up the delivery date though and are impossible to get on the phone.

Faris
08-13-2013, 08:50 PM
IKEA is fun to go in with my dad because we fool around with all the items and displays.

Their furniture is very easy to assemble, which is fun.

noxious.sunshine
08-13-2013, 08:58 PM
No no. Food in an IKEA is like the video stores in my hometown area that double as tanning salons.

Yeah. It's a thing. Unless they've all shut down because Red Box & Netflix stole the business.

Anyway, I've never been in an IKEA store. I think the closest one to me is in Atlanta. And their furniture is infinity expensive for the most part.

Mindflare
08-13-2013, 10:59 PM
I love Ikea. Most of my house is consistent of Gorm shelving.

Jiro
08-14-2013, 05:14 AM
(for those not in NZ, that's Eye-Key-Uh)

I mean I'm not physically there any more but sometimes I feel like you're really inaccurate when you specify people who understand.

Loony BoB
08-14-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm not in NZ anymore either, but you know what I was getting at. :p

Jowy
08-14-2013, 09:27 AM
IKEA - Jonathan Coulton - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGkalRgGMhs)

ikeaaaaaaaaa, ikeaaaaaaaaa, selling furniture for college kids and divorced men!

Ikea's rad. Just don't get any of the weird bottled Swedish sodas, the one I had was rather vile and tasted similar to a flat coca-cola with a hint of ginger.

Calliope
08-15-2013, 12:28 AM
I read that as "bottled Swedish sofas". Those crazy Swedes!

Shlup
08-15-2013, 12:37 AM
IKEA has the best baby stuff. Bay's entire nursery is IKEA.

I just wish my flat was big enough to hold more IKEA.

You can always fit more IKEA! Just look at their 50 sq ft model flats!

Raistlin
08-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Z7vXP3tHzhA

IKEA is cool.