PDA

View Full Version : Smells Amazing! Tastes AWFUL. Or vice versa.

Loony BoB
08-13-2013, 12:32 PM
I actually like the smell of coffee, I just don't like the taste of it. Are there any foods or drinks you have a similar like/dislike combination for? What about liking the taste but hating the smell? I'm sure there's something I dislike the smell of but enjoy the taste of, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. :(

Synoptikal
08-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Sesame oil. Think it smells rancid, but it tastes good in Asian cuisine.

noxious.sunshine
08-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Coffee. Not only do I dislike it for the most part, I can't drink it. ADHD and junk. Large amounts of caffeine have an opposite effect on ne. I fall asleep and break out in cold sweats and stuff.

I used to love eel rolls. Looks awful, tasted yummy. Now? Not so much.

Chris
08-13-2013, 06:23 PM
I hate coffee to drink, but I loooooove coffee flavoured ice cream sooo much!

Inferno
08-13-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't like the smell and the taste of coffee

Balsamic vinegar tastes good but burns the inside of your nose.
Obviously, almost every cheese stinks, but tastes great

sharkythesharkdogg
08-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Let us not forget the durian melon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian).

The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour that is strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as pleasantly fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and revolting. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as almonds, rotten onions, turpentine, raw sewage. The persistence of its odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia.