PDA

View Full Version : PC FF8 Technical Bulltrout--Help me!

Manny
08-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Hiiiiii~ Love your faces.

Anyway, I've downloaded the ISO for FF8, installed Daemon Lite, changed the default drive to E in the reg and pretty much everything I can seem to find that I need to do in order to run this game on my computer and it still insists that I need to insert a disc. I'm about to have a fucking aneurysm. Haaaaaaalp!

Shorty
08-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Nerd. This is General Chat. Relocating to help forum!

From my own sister. :colbert: Anyway. Did you get a crack for it?

Manny
08-13-2013, 11:56 PM

I was too distressed to find the goddamn help forum. And, no, I didn't. I'm about to rip my hair out. I don't know what else I could possibly need to do. Sooo close and yet so far!

Hollycat
08-14-2013, 12:00 AM

Anyway, I've downloaded the ISO for FF8, installed Daemon Lite, changed the default drive to E in the reg and pretty much everything I can seem to find that I need to do in order to run this game on my computer and it still insists that I need to insert a disc. I'm about to have a smurfing aneurysm. Haaaaaaalp!
My advice is to play it on a PSP.

Manny
08-14-2013, 12:03 AM

Anyway, I've downloaded the ISO for FF8, installed Daemon Lite, changed the default drive to E in the reg and pretty much everything I can seem to find that I need to do in order to run this game on my computer and it still insists that I need to insert a disc. I'm about to have a smurfing aneurysm. Haaaaaaalp!
My advice is to play it on a PSP.

I don't own any consoles at all right now, hence the need for PC access.

Shorty
08-14-2013, 12:18 AM

I was too distressed to find the goddamn help forum. And, no, I didn't. I'm about to rip my hair out. I don't know what else I could possibly need to do. Sooo close and yet so far!

I don't know what shenanigan delinquent places of the internet you frequent, but there are rules to obey in this fine establishment!

Hm, apparently you shouldn't need a crack for the PC version. Have you tried assigning it to other drive numbers?

edit: http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/120909-how-run-final-fantasy-viii-pc-version-iso-real-way.html Try this.

Manny
08-14-2013, 01:13 AM

I don't know what shenanigan delinquent places of the internet you frequent, but there are rules to obey in this fine establishment!

Hm, apparently you shouldn't need a crack for the PC version. Have you tried assigning it to other drive numbers?

edit: http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/120909-how-run-final-fantasy-viii-pc-version-iso-real-way.html Try this.

Yes, I said that in my original post, nerd. I assigned it to the E drive, which is the one that it's loaded on in Daemon Lite. AND IT WON'T WORK. EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER

Pheesh
08-14-2013, 03:30 AM
You definitely downloaded a PC version of the game right? And not an .iso of the Playstation version?

Just figured I'd ask the obvious.

comma
08-14-2013, 03:51 AM
Why do you have to assign a default drive? All you need to do is right-click on the .ISO and select "Mount with Daemon Tools" or "Open With" Daemon Tools. Once it's mounted, you're good to go. Doesn't matter what the drive letter is.