PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Fantasy Fan Art (picking the nits)

Mercen-X
08-14-2013, 07:16 AM
There is a lot of art depicting Cloud in his Wall Market whore outfit and a lot of shots at Cloud as a full-on woman (not to mention a lot of CloSeph with and w/o gb). I wonder though if there are any accurate depictions of Cloud cross-dressing in all three of his possible outfits. From what I've found online, it seems that at least two of the possible dresses (Cotton, which is pink, and Silk, which is purple) have been featured in depictions, but from what I can see, he always wears the diamond tiara.

Now, the Cotton dress (with a bow in the back) looks like the pink dress Aurora wore in Sleeping Beauty. The Satin dress is lavender with a ribbon tied in back and resembles a 50s ballgown. The Silk dress is a purple shoulderless with a bow in front and a bejeweled choker.
The Glass Tiara is made maybe of brass with arched prongs and glass beads made to resemble pearls. The Ruby Tiara is gold-plated with an elaborate frame which holds blue jewels and a large central ruby. The Diamond Tiara is silver-plated with tall frame that extends up past the central larger diamond-shaped diamond while having several more diamonds scattered across the crown.
I suppose the Wig is made to more closely resemble Cloud's natural hair. Meanwhile there are also the Dyed Wig which is brown save for a few blonde highlights and the Blonde Wig which is noticeably a lighter color than Cloud's own hair color.
In-game we only see one design for Cloud's dress no matter the choice you make. It works in design points from all three dress: long sleeves, a bright sash tied in the back, and a jeweled choker.
I've seen perhaps one accurate depiction of Cloud's in-game polygon (http://www.icybrian.com/fanart/nico/dresscloud.jpg) and one accurate depiction of the Silk dress (http://allceverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/ffvii-cloud-dress-i8.gif) as it supposed to look.

Then there are the clothes we were never meant to see Cloud wear: the underwear. The Bikini Briefs (black) have been seen worn by a genderbend (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5kbxpSGhv1r7dq28o1_500.png) of Cloud. The Lingerie (pink satin with a bow) have not been seen at all. Then there are the enigmatic Mystery Panties which were cut from the game entirely.

Basically, despite there being thousands of depictions of Final Fantasy in fanart, I'm still left wanting for the more accurate renditions. Perhaps it's merely that most do not know what the character is really supposed to look like, perhaps they don't want to risk copyright infringement somehow. It's just my feeling that I'd like to the things of Final Fantasy that we don't usually get to see. As a matter of fact. I'd like to see a depiction of Snow as she appears before you give her cause to attack you.

Anybody else hoping to see some art that faithfully depicts the in-game designs..? What about their disguises from the ShinRa Boat? What about Cait Sith's and Yuffie's disguises from Junon?