PDA

View Full Version : The adventures of Spooniest smarter brother...

Chuck21
08-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Hi all,
I... am not sure what to say here. I'm the brother of Spooniest if the title didn't give it away already. My favorite FF is Final Fantasy Tactics. I love the story line, I thought it was done exceedingly well and, despite any translation errors, I liked the way it progressed. Not big on the whole battle system but it was something new (for FF anyway) and I liked that.

Shauna
08-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Hey Chuck! Welcome to EoFF. Hope you stick around. :)

We have a program running to help newbies get used to the world that is EoFF: http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/151637-eyes-final-fantasy-guardian-force-adoption-program.html You can join in with that if you want.

Enjoy your stay~

Spooniest
08-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Nice quote. Do I detect a hint of wry sarcasm?

My brother, folks.

Chuck21
08-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Nice quote. Do I detect a hint of wry sarcasm?

My brother, folks.

I try...

Jinx
08-14-2013, 01:43 PM
You said you're the smarter brother, but you forgot to add a possessive to the end of Spooniest.

I'm not convinced yet.

noxious.sunshine
08-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Yo yo yo

Formalhaut
08-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Ooo, family connections! How exciting. So, are you the younger or older of the two? And just how did Spoony get you into EoFF? Either way, I hope you have a great time with us Chuck!

Are you and Spoony considering playing XIV:ARR when that comes out later this month?

You said you're the smarter brother, but you forgot to add a possessive to the end of Spooniest.

I'm not convinced yet.

Ahaha! :D

Chuck21
08-14-2013, 02:12 PM

I'm not convinced yet.

Actually, the title was his idea. If you couldn't tell from the way my first post sounded, I'm a little out of my element here. I had no idea what to say (or even what he meant by "introduce yourself on Wonder Square") so he suggested that and the next thing I know, I'm being stalked by all of his favorite followers.
As for being smarter: when you wrote "...but you forgot..." you should have said "...yet you forgot..." While your writing isn't wrong, I think the way I wrote it would have been more insulting, putting greater emphases on the word "smarter" and how I didn't live up to the name. Just my thoughts on that.

Ooo, family connections! How exciting. So, are you the younger or older of the two? And just how did Spoony get you into EoFF? Either way, I hope you have a great time with us Chuck!

Are you and Spoony considering playing XIV:ARR when that comes out later this month?

I'm younger. He's the one that first got me into Final Fantasy. While he loved four, I got hooked on six. Not to say that four is a bad game but I was too young to appreciate the nuances of it. By the time I got old enough to enjoy a RPG, I was playing six. I even helped him with his translation called Stand Guard... And by help I mean I cracked jokes while he did all the heavy lifting, lol. As for FF XIV: ARR, I fear it might be like FF XI and while that wasn't such a bad game, I could never get into it.

Formalhaut
08-14-2013, 02:29 PM

I'm not convinced yet.

As for being smarter: when you wrote "...but you forgot..." you should have said "...yet you forgot..." While your writing isn't wrong, I think the way I wrote it would have been more insulting, putting greater emphases on the word "smarter" and how I didn't live up to the name. Just my thoughts on that.

I think that was intended to be a small little jokey jab Chuck :D

I'm younger. He's the one that first got me into Final Fantasy. While he loved four, I got hooked on six. Not to say that four is a bad game but I was too young to appreciate the nuances of it. By the time I got old enough to enjoy a RPG, I was playing six. I even helped him with his translation called Stand Guard... And by help I mean I cracked jokes while he did all the heavy lifting, lol. As for FF XIV: ARR, I fear it might be like FF XI and while that wasn't such a bad game, I could never get into it.

Those fears might be unfounded. Why don't you go to the XIV forum and post a thread saying how unsure you are about playing XIV:ARR. We've got quite the fanbase for XIV, and we also have our own free company and linkshell (basically, just the on-line group essentially)

Chuck21
08-14-2013, 03:16 PM
I think that was intended to be a small little jokey jab Chuck :D

That was my lame attempt at humor... I wasn't kidding when I said I was out of my element...

Jinx
08-14-2013, 03:38 PM
So what brings you to the forum?

Formalhaut
08-14-2013, 03:44 PM

Fun, excitement and thrills of course!

Rantz
08-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelcoooooooooooome. Welcome! WELCOME.

qwertysaur
08-14-2013, 05:02 PM

Fun, excitement and thrills of course!
Also cookies! :cookie:

Chuck21
08-14-2013, 05:09 PM

Well Formalhaut pretty much hit the nail on the head. My brother brought me in. After our discussion on the prequel to FF6 he asked if he could post it here and I said sure. I started asking questions and he said I should join and find out for myself.

[EDIT] Oh, and the cookies

Shorty
08-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Cookies for everyone!

Jinx
08-14-2013, 05:24 PM
:cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

qwertysaur
08-14-2013, 05:38 PM
:save:
:save::cookie::save:
:save::cookie::cookie::cookie::save:
:save::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::save:
:save::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::save:
:save::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::save:
:save::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::save:
:save::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::save:
:save::cookie::cookie::cookie::save:
:save::cookie::save:
:save:

Synoptikal
08-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I was never offered cookies!

THE COOKIES ARE A LIE!!!!!

Chuck21
08-14-2013, 06:10 PM
I was never offered cookies!

THE COOKIES ARE A LIE!!!!!

That's weird, I have some cookies right here... nom, nom, nom...

Synoptikal
08-14-2013, 08:44 PM
:( I am unloved.