PDA

View Full Version : Movie Theater Candy

Shorty
08-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Milk Duds, Swedish Fish and Butterfinger BBs (RIP ;__________________;).

Name yours!

Araciel
08-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Pouring some kind of chocolate onto your hot popcorn used to be cool.

But now it's never hot enough to make it messy.

And so now I usually just get skittles or something gummi.
Hitting up the dollar store before we go in is the only way to survive.

qwertysaur
08-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Sneak in some coldstone cake batter ice cream with kit kats. :D

Rantz
08-14-2013, 07:51 PM
As mentioned in the Swedish Fish thread, Gott & Blandat is like Swedish Fish tier 2, so that's my standard. I like chips too but I get more concerned about the noise factor when I'm in the theater so I tend to skip those.

Drink is more important for me than snacks in a theater though. I often skip snacks entirely as long as I have something to drink. Which is odd since it tends to be the other way around when I watch a movie at home.

Araciel
08-14-2013, 07:58 PM
They're finally creating 'adult' locations here. This means I could order a beer when I go to watch a movie.

Chris
08-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Who watches movies at the movies, let alone eat "candy". I do like to chew on hard stuff in darkness of the theatre, though. O:

Araciel
08-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Watching movies at the movies is awesome. Doing anything else there is a waste of fucking money, that is money I could spend to pay someone to have sex with me in the alley.

noxious.sunshine
08-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Parker and I used to go to the Dollar Tree and load up with candy, cheesy popcorn, and drinks there and shove them in my purse to sneak in. There's a $2.00 movie theater in my 'hood, but the snacks are regular priced.

I used to love eating popcorn with Hot Tamales - together. I haven't done this in years, but omg.. It was sooooo good.

I love those cookie dough candies, milk duds, whoppers, crunch bites...

@Araciel: OOoo! There's a theater here on 21st Ave that serves alcohol! They don't show like mainstream flicks though. My sister's girlfriend took me to see the anime movie "Metropolis" there once.

Mirage
08-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Jelly bellies and popcorn

and a bottle of sparkling water

Jinx
08-15-2013, 10:16 PM
One time my mom and I snuck in McDonald's. We also had some really lengthy discussions about the best way to sneak in Indian food, but we never executed the idea.

Shorty
08-15-2013, 10:19 PM
That sounds messy and awful.

My family would sneak in a slew of candy and soda. We're all girls with huge purses.

Jinx
08-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Messy was part of it, although it came in really easy to eat containers. It was not having it spill in a purse that was the problem. And also the fact that Indian food has a really powerful aroma.

noxious.sunshine
08-15-2013, 11:43 PM
If someone else is driving, I fill a large water bottle up with jack and coke. XD

Psychotic
08-16-2013, 07:24 AM
Maltesers or gtfo.

Also one time I had a spaghetti day.

Jowy
08-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Snocaps and Sour Patch kids along with a 20 oz of something. I don't trust the concession stand anymore, especially after getting a big ol' bag of moldy blueberry pancakes.

Mirage
08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
It sounds like it's not really allowed to bring your own candies or snacks to movie theatres. Is this really true?

Araciel
08-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Of course they don't let you bring stuff in. That would cut into their already ridiculous profits!

qwertysaur
08-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Movie theaters make all their money on concessions. Ticket sales all go to the movie itself. :p

Loony BoB
08-16-2013, 04:10 PM
In NZ: Jaffas! Also fruit bursts and movie mix or whatever you call the "shovel as much gummy lollies and chocolate into a paper bag as you can" thing. Which for me involves coke bottles, gummy snakes, gummy sharks, jelly babies, airplanes, nutty chocolate or chocolate rice things and other assorted goods.

In UK: Minstrels, peanut M&M's, popcorn, and again the movie mix thing - minus the airplanes because the UK doesn't know what's good for it.

Of course, that's just the candy. Hot dogs are where it's really at.

Araciel
08-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Movie theaters make all their money on concessions. Ticket sales all go to the movie itself. :p

Depends on the movie and which week it is since the film came out.

Anyway, my heart still wouldn't bleed for them if it were 100% true.

Shlup
08-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Fuck candy, I want ICEEs all day.

Mirage
08-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Of course they don't let you bring stuff in. That would cut into their already ridiculous profits!

No rules against that over here. Another thing to put on the list over why it's awesome to live in Norway.