PDA

View Full Version : Humble Origin Bundle

Aulayna
08-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Yes this requires using Origin but you get a fairly nice collection of newish and oldish games:

https://www.humblebundle.com/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Introducing+the+Humble+Origin+Bundle!&utm_campaign=20130814_m116906092_Introducing+the+Humble+Origin+Bundle!&utm_term=Humble+Origin+Bundle

(some of the games even have Steam key options too)

For those not familiar with the Humble Bundle it's basically a bunch of game sales where publishers offer a set of games for a price that you set. All the money raised through it gets given to charity.

You can be a complete cheapskate and only donate $1 if you want. But most people tend to give a bit more because it's for charity and you're getting a lot of cool stuff for a heavily discounted price.

Slothy
08-15-2013, 12:14 AM
I already have anything I'd want from that bundle, but there are some decent games there with Steam options so no Origin needed and the best part is that EA isn't making any money from it. If anyone wanted to grab Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Crysis 2, or whatever that's not a bad deal.

Spuuky
08-15-2013, 12:16 AM
As Vivi said, the best part (and only tolerable part) is that EA isn't making any money from it.

Pike
08-15-2013, 01:55 AM
The only things I'm interested in here are Mirror's Edge and the Sims, and I've already got Mirror's Edge (two copies of it, in fact.)

I think I'll be passing.

Aulayna
08-15-2013, 02:29 AM
Well you're in luck. I happen to have a spare Sims key from it :p

PM'ed you it!

krissy
08-15-2013, 02:33 AM
well i got it anyway you downers

Jiro
08-15-2013, 03:32 AM
I don't want to use Origin but I don't own like, uh, all of these games, so maybe.

Vyk
08-15-2013, 04:32 AM
Humble Bundle makes me happy. Its a little weird since they're not usually such humble of bundles anymore. But I can't complain. I get a bundle every few months. Sadly not much interests me on this batch that I don't already have. I still support the endeavor however

edczxcvbnm
08-15-2013, 06:53 AM
I got it seeing as how I only have Dead Space 1 and none of the others. I went to install origin and get things going. Can't activate license keys right now because they are woefully unprepared for the mass influx they must be experiencing.

I have Steam and don't need a second service that does the exact same thing. But for $5 I can give it a shot which is why I think they are doing this. They figure that if people see how great it then they may consider switching or whatever. So far, so bad :/

Tasura
08-15-2013, 08:20 AM
I would buy it, except that there's only one game of the set I actually 'need', and at that, I'd rather have it on the same console with the rest of the series.

Spuuky
08-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Just a reminder: about 2/3 of those games can be activated on Steam.

edczxcvbnm
08-15-2013, 09:09 PM

Yes they can and I have. But I like to try and get it all out of the way at the same time and Origin is holding me back from accomplishing my task. My rage is building and I need to take it out on some Sims. Drown them all in a house fire of starvation!

Spuuky
08-15-2013, 09:57 PM
When you play with matches, sometimes you get EAed.

Depression Moon
08-15-2013, 11:16 PM
I don't think my PC can handle these games. I wish I could get this deal for PS3.

Pike
08-17-2013, 10:34 AM

All the ones I don't care about :argh:

Everyone should get Mirror's Edge though. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/emot-allears_zps3b660dd9.gif