PDA

View Full Version : Fighting over the secret phone taps

Diango12
08-15-2013, 04:11 PM
If you are ever feeling angry and you wanna yell at some people.. Call a collections agency!

So I got a call from 'attorney' Tom Franks yesterday. He said he was gonna send the Collection Agency secret police after me if I didn't pay him money. After a about ten minutes I finally got Mr. hot shot attorney to admit he was actually just a call center rep working for 8 bucks an hour and that he is completely full of shish kabobs.

*Was disappointed that there were no secret collection agency police :(

Any similar experiences?

Loony BoB
08-15-2013, 04:22 PM
I... no. The closest I've got to that was quite recently with a call from some random person asking me for a moment of my time...

<Loony_BoB> I thought I got removed from all the telemarketing lines...
<Caller> Oh, we don't use a directory, we rely on random numbers.
<Loony_BoB> Isn't that illegal?
<Caller> nosiritisnotillegalbye
* Connection lost

I don't care if it's illegal really, I know it's not worth the hassle even finding out.

Diango12
08-15-2013, 09:22 PM
If you asked to be put on the DNC list and you are on the DNC international list they can actually still call you and claim you haven't been scrubbed from their system. The only alternative that you have is to report it to the BBB, but if this business is making cold calls, which is what it sounds like, then they probably aren't even members. At which point I would just block them from my carrier.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2013, 03:46 AM
A random call I got at least a year ago. I shall paraphrase, because I don't remember exactly what they said.

Stranger> Hello, is this Jeff something? (Can't remember the last name, and it was muffled.)

Me> (not realizing the person said Jeff) Yes, this is Joe.

Stranger> Jeff Something, I'm informing you that you have been subpoenaed to appear in court (he mentioned somewhere in Miami, date, and time) in regards to outstanding warrant (for something, I cant remember anymore).

Me> o__0......I thought you said Joe, my name is Joe. I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds personal.

Stranger> Sir, you can't lie to me, you confirmed your name is Jeff. Now that you have been informed, you can not claim ignorance. *click*

I still have no idea. Proots, if they kick in your door because you missed your court date, sorry bro. :(

Sephex
08-16-2013, 04:20 AM
I can't remember this exactly because I was very young, but I guess AT&T had a dispute with my father over $11. They called and harassed him as if it was $1,100. The conversation ended suddenly.

Dad: For eleven dollars? AHHAHAHHAHAHAH!! See you in court then! *hangs up*

Nothing ever happened.

EDIT: Just remembered another one. Again, I was very young and wasn't even present for this one. This time this story happened to my mom. My mom was in charge of paying the electricity bill (no pun intended but noting it because if I don't one of you jerk holes will). There was an amount past due that she missed. Again, it was an absurdly low amount of money.

Apparently, the person got very hostile right off the bat to discuss this with the electric company and called her a deadbeat. To this day mom intentionally pays the electricity bill late, but within the grace period.

Freya
08-16-2013, 05:57 AM
I work in a call center. People are just as strange on the otherside, calling in.

Today a guy wanted to sue IMDB because the didn't list his tiny part in a movie correctly.

Earlier this week a guy refused t respond to anything I said unless he was called Dr. Blah.(blah for his last name of course)

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2013, 06:10 PM
I'd get fired for calling him Dr. Dicknose.