PDA

View Full Version : Leftovers

Shorty
08-15-2013, 05:27 PM
I worked with a woman once who was a "no leftovers" person. It didn't matter if she had enough leftovers to feed a king and all of his horsemen, she wouldn't touch them. That always struck me as incredibly odd.

Are you a "leftovers" person? Also, discuss the best kinds of leftovers. Pizza and KFC, bitches. I'll eat them cold at nine in the morning, I don't even care.

Jinx
08-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Any leftovers. And totally agree, they're best cold!

Flaming Ice
08-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Cold chicken yum, I usually make stuff per meal now though (unless it's a stew which, of course I'll eat up).

But leftover stews are good either hot or cold and gives you advanced meals.:)

Jinx
08-15-2013, 05:40 PM
LEFT OVER SPICY INDIAN FOOD

fadofuwofodgayoisefu

Shorty
08-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Leftover Thai curry is also pretty damn delicious, but I have to heat it up. It's hard enough for me to eat rice; cold rice is a no-go.

Jinx
08-15-2013, 05:48 PM
I agree there. I don't mind the curry itself cold (it's even better that way) but rice gets really hard when it's cold, so it has to be reheated.

Araciel
08-15-2013, 05:51 PM
I am a leftover person.

I am also a leftovers person.

Cold pizza (depending on where it was made)

Cold KFC used to be awesome now I wouldn't do it if I had to.

Left over meat & potatoes or spaghetti sauce (it gets tastier as it sits in the fridge a couple of days)

Denmark
08-15-2013, 06:11 PM
yes leftovers

i had leftovers for lunch TODAY like just a bit ago i mean come on

usually not cold though. i'll eat pizza cold but most other stuff I prefer reheated.

Spuuky
08-15-2013, 06:15 PM
I don't think anyone reasonable is going to argue that pizza isn't the best. Most food is still fine, though, or at least as fine as it was before sitting around.

Jinx
08-15-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm reasonable, and I'm saying: leftover cold extra, extra, extra, extra spicy Chicken Tikka Masala is the best leftover food, hands down.

Spuuky
08-15-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm reasonable, and I'm saying: leftover cold extra, extra, extra, extra spicy Chicken Tikka Masala is the best leftover food, hands down.Chicken Tikka Masala isn't even the best leftover Indian food, so I find that hard to believe. Vindaloo is much better, leftover or not.

noxious.sunshine
08-15-2013, 07:13 PM
My dad rarely touches leftovers unless it's his spaghetti or something else he -really- likes. My mom will cook, and he'll eat and then he'll snack around on what she cooked the rest of the afternoon/evening, but beyond that - no.

It's a stigma, I guess... His mom would cook and then that's all they would eat until it was all gone. She would not cook another meal until the previous one had been entirely consumed. I don't even think -he- realizes that he's like that.

Jay eats a lot, so leftovers don't last long anyway.

But hand them sumbitches over. I hate cold/leftover fried chicken (gag me), but I will definitely tear up some cold pizza & chinese. It's delicious.

And yes, leftover spaghetti sauce is -always- better the next day. ^_^

qwertysaur
08-16-2013, 03:38 AM
Cold pizza is the food of champions. Soup only gets better the second day.

Jiro
08-16-2013, 05:28 AM
What the hell is wrong with leftovers? If you somehow manage to cook exactly enough for every person then bravo, but sometimes I can eat 1 ton of food and sometimes 2 tons so having 2 tons there means that a non-hungry Jiro can get some delicious pre-made breakfast in the morning.

Rantz
08-16-2013, 06:30 AM
There old saying in my tribe... Leftovers good!

Night Fury
08-16-2013, 06:33 AM
My favourite leftovers are Spaghetti Bolognaise or Chilli Con Carne. Something happens to it when it's in the fridge, and then when you cook it up again the next day it's just.

Omg.

Pizza is good too, but I don't like to eat it cold, I will reheat it.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-16-2013, 07:29 AM
I can't do cold leftovers. If it is something I would eat hot regularly, it needs to be reheated when I am eating leftovers. I just really like hot foods though. Leftovers also always make my life easier. Make a big meal at the beginning of the week and then it can last me a few days (this week it is taco meat). It all tastes about the same to me from the time it's first cooked to the time I eat it as a leftover, so I don't think I can say one food is the best as a left over than another food.

noxious.sunshine
08-19-2013, 03:55 PM
I've decided I will spend all of one day cooking and storing stuff for the week.

So that I don't have to do so much later.

Loony BoB
08-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Cold pizza isn't as good as fresh, hot pizza, but is still good.

Cold KFC, now that is arguably just as good as fresh, hot KFC. Man, having that for breakfast can be just amazing sometimes. xD

My favourite leftovers are roast chicken (put it into sandwiches with gravy, nom nom nom) and lasagne, though. Two things I rarely have these days, particularly the latter as Danielle doesn't eat beef, so... :(

ZonkoTony
08-19-2013, 04:47 PM
i love almost all leftovers. i would say that the only meals that aren't ideal for leftovers are potato based dished, imo.
those are for eating fresh asap

noxious.sunshine
08-19-2013, 07:23 PM
BoB.... You love KFC. I think you'd eat it if it were rotten and smelly.

Shiny
09-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Homemade chicken makes for the best leftover, especially when eaten cold. Because I come from a cheap family, we'll often make a bunch of chicken to last for days, but we'll also make a bunch to take with a us when we go to amusement parks.

Hollycat
09-17-2013, 09:57 PM
No sane person can refuse leftover pizza or pasta.

Shlup
09-18-2013, 12:59 AM
This weeks' leftovers include: pot roast, corned beef and cabbage, and Indian food. I am all about leftovers this week. And I make a damn good pot roast.

fire_of_avalon
09-18-2013, 04:00 AM
I'm definitely a leftovers person and I usually take them for lunch the next day. Anything with a tomato flavor is always better on the second or third day when re-heated. Anything at all tomato-y. I don't know why, but damn.

I hate cold fried chicken though. That is gross. You put that thing in the oven and let it crisp in there for a little bit and then it's ok. But cold? Yeugh.

Leftover beef roasts are also very good cold, especially on a sandwich with mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. mmmmmm.

Jess
09-22-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm not a huge fan of pizza when it is fresh & hot, so cold pizza is a no-no for me. Yeah, I said that.

Otherwise, I love left overs! I like to re-heat things rather than eat them cold, though.

and lasagne, though. Two things I rarely have these days, particularly the latter as Danielle doesn't eat beef, so... :(
Why not use lamb mince instead? Lasagne is the best and nobody should be deprived of it. :jess:

Loony BoB
09-24-2013, 02:00 PM
She doesn't eat lamb, either! Bawwwwww. She only eats poultry and fish. On rare occasions she might have sausage/bacon but sometimes feels sick afterwards. :(

Mirage
09-24-2013, 02:35 PM
As long as I don't forget about them for so long that they go bad, I always eat the leftovers of my meals. I consider it extremely wasteful not to.

Well, as long as the food in question still tastes decent when re-heated or when eaten cold. Some stuff doesn't, like certain kinds of fish prepared in certain ways.

Denmark
09-24-2013, 03:02 PM
dude, just make veggie lasagna. it's almost as good, and is still lasagna

Rantz
09-24-2013, 05:49 PM
dude, just make veggie lasagna. it's almost as good, and is still lasagna

My mum often makes one regular lasagne and one veggie. The regular one is pretty much perfect, but the veggie one is just a notch better imo! So yes, I'm a big veggie lasagne advocate.

noxious.sunshine
09-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I wanna make veggie lasagna.

We ordered Papa John's Pizza yesterday.

..... I -was- just gonna get Domino's and then I remembered that they don't have sides of peperoncini or banana peppers. Which are like me fave snack foods ever.

So yeah. I have pizza and wings leftover. YUM.