PDA

View Full Version : Who came up with Tetra Master?

Jiro
08-16-2013, 04:53 AM
Duel Monsters is to Pegasus as Tetra Master is to...?

It would have to have been created in Treno. Makes sense that it would originate where the only tournament is held. Although, it could easily have been a creation of a previous Cid; one of them created the Festival Hunt after all.

comma
08-16-2013, 05:56 AM
It was obviously invented in Daguerreo by bored bookish types trying to have some fun during study hall, and it blew up when the pseudo-intellectuals from Treno caught wind of it and appropriated it for themselves, to appear more erudite. From then on, it became a thinly veiled dick-waving competition among the elite, who raised generation after generation of preadolescent competitive leagues all vying to become international grandmasters.

qwertysaur
08-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Tantarian did it

Skyblade
08-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Someone who had no background in game theory, and no concept of fairness or balance. Someone who really likes chaos and randomness.

maybee
08-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Guessing between-

Ipsen and or his Colin friend

A old summoner person

Lord Avon

or Garland

Garland would be hilarious " Bwa ha ha I'm going to destroy Gaia by creating a frustrating Card Game that will make you want to rage quit " ! Yeah makes sense.

Tigmafuzz
08-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Someone who had no background in game theory, and no concept of fairness or balance. Someone who really likes chaos and randomness.

I thought it was someone who was tired of playing Triple Triad.

Skyblade
08-17-2013, 06:23 AM

I thought it was someone who was tired of playing Triple Triad.

People who get tired of playing Triple Triad don't make new games. They go on homicidal rampages fueled by endless hours of THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kWjJwbDF4g) little gem.

Gosh, even pulling it up long enough to link to it is putting me on edge.

Vincent, Thunder God
08-18-2013, 12:14 AM
It was invented in that place called Tifa that you only ever see on the map.

ZonkoTony
08-19-2013, 03:42 AM
It was obviously invented in Daguerreo by bored bookish types trying to have some fun during study hall, and it blew up when the pseudo-intellectuals from Treno caught wind of it and appropriated it for themselves, to appear more erudite. From then on, it became a thinly veiled dick-waving competition among the elite, who raised generation after generation of preadolescent competitive leagues all vying to become international grandmasters.

Oh gosh! That's a pretty good theory. I like that! you're my new favorite person.

Polnareff
08-19-2013, 12:25 PM

I feel the same goddamn way about Triple Triad. :jess:

Skyblade
08-19-2013, 07:18 PM

I feel the same goddamn way about Triple Triad. :jess:

Yet Triple Triad is a game based in structure, mathematics, balanced design, and fairness (except for the Random rule, which is optional and everyone hates, and the positioning of elemental tiles).

Tetra Master is a game centered entirely around the RNG. Arrow positioning, card numbers, which card wins a battle... Everything about that game is random. I hesitate to even call it a game.

comma
08-21-2013, 02:24 PM

Oh gosh! That's a pretty good theory. I like that! you're my new favorite person.You've always been my favorite. :love:

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 02:30 PM
It certainly seems like the kind of game that intellects created and then bookies and gamblers warped the system by adding in the 'random' factor. This falls in line with how intellects play games based on rules while gamblers play games that rely on luck. My guess is that it started out with "if the number is higher, you win" and then once it reached the hands of gamblers, bookies and the like, the 'random' factor was thrown in.

Sephex
08-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Tetrazander the Great. He also made the Excalibur III, but that was cut from the game. You can read all about this in the FFIX Ultimatamiarama Super Kajinuryoth Guide.

Skyblade
08-22-2013, 09:33 AM
It certainly seems like the kind of game that intellects created and then bookies and gamblers warped the system by adding in the 'random' factor. This falls in line with how intellects play games based on rules while gamblers play games that rely on luck. My guess is that it started out with "if the number is higher, you win" and then once it reached the hands of gamblers, bookies and the like, the 'random' factor was thrown in.

I like this idea. It explains the attempt at a mathematical basis, while everything in the game still being controlled by luck.