PDA

View Full Version : This is why games are addictive

Spooniest
08-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Because I just turned on Sonic the Hedgehog and before I realized what I was doing, I saw this.

Got any weird gaming binge stories? Let's hear 'em!

Slothy
08-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Started playing XCom Enemy Unknown yesterday at about 11am. Didn't stop until 4pm, and that was only because I realized I had to use the bathroom.

Del Murder
08-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Several times in FFXI I would say 'just one more battle and then I'll go to bed' and next time I look at the clock it's 3AM.

Pike
08-17-2013, 10:38 AM
One more turn.

One more turn.

One more turn.

egtxm7y3nig

NeoCracker
08-17-2013, 10:39 AM
You speak as if this is an anomaly that doesn't happen with every game you ever play. :confused:

Mirage
08-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Several times in FFXI I would say 'just one more battle and then I'll go to bed' and next time I look at the clock it's 3AM.

3 AM? I wish I was as good at stopping as you are.

Spuuky
08-17-2013, 06:27 PM
One more turn.

One more turn.

One more turn.To be fair, you seem to almost exclusively play games that are absolutely plagued by One More Turn Syndrome.

Slothy
08-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Even XCom suffers from one more turn syndrome which you wouldn't think to be the case given the lack of turns. Instead it's "one more piece of research. Once more satellite. One more mission. One more base expansion. Etc."

I think Firaxis must put something in the water of all of their customers.

Pike
08-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Hey now, I play stuff that isn't turn-based! ...sometimes!

But Civ is truly the worst offender.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/Steam_Civ.png

(and this is an old image)

Jiro
08-18-2013, 11:33 AM
There was only about an hour of waking life yesterday that wasn't spent playing FFXIV. That's... promising?

Pike
08-18-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm torn because I want to play FFXIV but I have EU4 to dump a few hundred hours into and also I have to write and bleh.

gamewizzard16
08-18-2013, 05:40 PM
is there going to be a beta for ff14 on ps3 i kno
w it comes out really soon i think next month

Shauna
08-18-2013, 08:29 PM
There's been beta on the PS3 for a while now. The open beta was this weekend, I'm pretty sure. :3

ZonkoTony
08-19-2013, 03:24 AM
I can't get enough of Dynamite Heady or Croc. My two favorite games of all time.

Sephex
08-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Metal Gear Solid 3 caused me to play the game 12 hours straight.

Metal Gear Solid 4 went about the same time.

When I got the Playstation version of Chrono Trigger, I played that for about 10 hours without looking back. It was so long since I did a new game plus when I was maxing out stuff on the SNES version. I guess I was just having too much fun playing a fresh game.

Loony BoB
08-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Hey now, I play stuff that isn't turn-based! ...sometimes!

But Civ is truly the worst offender.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/Steam_Civ.png

(and this is an old image)
Football Manager is the worst offender for me. I once spent every available moment playing Football Manager for two weeks. Civ is definitely one of the worst, though. It probably was the worst until I started playing FM.

Mercen-X
08-20-2013, 11:34 PM
FF7 through to FF10-2. Also on the old systems, after the first time I beat Sonic, I had to beat it or lose all of my lives/continues from there on out. I was like this while my girlfriend was in the room with me and she was trying to sleep. I was like this when I visited with her and her father up in Canada (Fable II). I was like this recently with a couple of browser games distracting me from my college work (Sword Quest, Marvel Ultimate Alliance... and Wartune). I've been gradually weaning myself off of games entirely. These days I rarely go back to Sword Quest. One weekend a month, I'll play Star Wars Battlefront II with my dad (I still wish for Squix to put out a FFBattlefront, it's the only way I would be able to get my dad to play Final Fantasy; he doesn't understand RPGs). I haven't played a console game on my own for about eight months. I recently beat two DS games (Re:coded and New Super Mario Bros) and haven't had a reason to go back. Right now, my biggest addiction/distraction are forums, online comics, webseries, and deviantart. Also trying to get one of my stories finished.

By the way, this thread would be more appropriately titled "This is how addicting games are"

Pike
08-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Football Manager is the worst offender for me. I once spent every available moment playing Football Manager for two weeks. Civ is definitely one of the worst, though. It probably was the worst until I started playing FM.

This was me with Morrowind earlier this year. I think I topped out at about 55 hours of that game a week and it would've been much more if I didn't have to work :mad2:

Karifean
08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
I think when FF7 came out on Steam I clocked in at about 8 hours per day for the following week.

And I'm still playing it.