PDA

View Full Version : Priorities at the start

Del Murder
08-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Once you start FFXIV, what will be immediate goals? Long-term goals?

For me, my short-term goal will probably be to get a job up to sufficient level and learn the battle system so that I can explore most corners of the world and do storyline quests/missions without getting destroyed. Long-term goal is to explore everywhere and do all the storyline missions.

Ouch!
08-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Collect all the shinies.

Del Murder
08-16-2013, 11:15 PM
All of them?

Aulayna
08-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Well my goal for phase 4 (and by phase 4 I mean... today... as it's the only day I can play) was to get to the level cap of 20 ready for early access.

I've now down that so on the couple of remaining hours I can play during phase 4 I'll be working on getting my Conjurer up to around 10ish to have Cure and Protect on all classes and then I'll work on my Carpentry.

For early access/launch I want to get my archer>bard to 50 within the first week but tbh I'm in no real rush. I'm mostly looking forward to doing dungeons with Val and such. :)

Ouch!
08-17-2013, 12:54 AM
All of them?
All of them.

On a more serious note, immediate goals are to get arcanist to 20 (already at 15, quest exp. makes leveling insanely easy) before the end of beta and to start unlocking gameplay functionality through completing main storyline quests (access to the inn, guildleves, etc.). If I still have time before the end of beta, I'll go through and complete class quests for the classes I already have at cap (BLM, WHM, BRD, and BTN) so that I can avoid congestion in low-level areas at official launch.

At launch, I want to get ARC up to 50 and unlock all the skills for SMN and SCH (although I plan on playing SMN more). Completing the story line is a long-term priority. Beyond that, dungeons and primals with friends and botany in my free time to keep building my bank. I'm looking forward to trading in all of my melded gear with cracked materia as I should get enough Allagan Tomestomes out of it to redeem them for Ifrit/Garuda weapons for all of my level 50 jobs and maybe a piece of darklight or two.

Jiro
08-18-2013, 07:35 AM
I, too, want to explore now. I think I've almost unlocked the ability to travel to the other starting cities. I smashed out the Archer job class and then spent a while grinding the Carpenter job, it's actually pretty fun once you gain a few levels. But yeah, even on min specs the game looks fucking beautiful, so I figure I'll cruise around and find some FATEs and just enjoy myself.

Ouch!
08-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Well, with all the log-in errors people are having (me included; I'm getting 3012 errors when trying to log in), I'm cutting my goals short. Got ACN almost to 20, but I didn't get to finish all the story quests up to that point.

comma
08-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Well, with all the log-in errors people are having (me included; I'm getting 3012 errors when trying to log in), I'm cutting my goals short. Got ACN almost to 20, but I didn't get to finish all the story quests up to that point.I had the same issue once or twice. Restarting your client seems to work for most people.

Ouch!
08-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Not anymore. When it was happening Friday, people could get back on after about 10 minutes. That stopped happening last night. There are huge threads about it on both reddit and the official beta forum (now that it's back up). Nobody is able to get back into the servers after getting booted. There has been no official word from Square Enix regarding this error (even though there are threads on the forum several hundreds of posts long with players reporting the same issue).

chionos
08-18-2013, 08:05 PM
On for the first time. On ps3 and no keyboard so i'll be lame for a bit. Got one day to figure out if I want to play this long term. Probably just going to explore and do random stuff. Wish I'd spent a little time planning ahead. Going to be awhile just getting the controls down.

Aulayna
08-18-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm just looking for an excuse to post this really

http://i.imgur.com/EXUVL0W.gif

Loony BoB
08-19-2013, 09:24 AM
- Get the biggest housing for Fat Chocobos Free Company, ASAP. If this requires saving up buttloads of gil, so be it.
- Get Miner to L46 so I can see the L50 nodes.
- Get Miner to L50, because hey, why not. I'm focusing on gathering because I don't know how volatile the market will be in the short term.
- Party with as many people from the Linkshell as possible, particularly the ones I haven't partied with before so I can get to know them better.
- Continue to grow the Fat Chocobos Free Company.
- Get Arcanist to L30, unlock Scholar & Summoner.
- Get Alchemist & Goldsmith to L50.
- Get all classes/jobs to L50.
- Have fun! :D

Aulayna
08-19-2013, 10:06 AM
I finished this weekend with:

- Lv20 Archer
- Lv17 Conjurer
- Lv10 Carpenter
- Lv2 Botanist

I have an addiction problem already xD

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Finished the weekend with:

CNJ 19
Everything Else: 1

Just started the series of quests leading to Ifrit (just finished Coppermines).

Yeargdribble
08-19-2013, 08:09 PM
I really wanted to try out fishing. I managed to get my Archer to 19 and then got 3102'd. But I'm okay with all of that. I'm really not planning to go super crazy with the game.

Rostum
08-20-2013, 12:24 AM
I spent open beta just trying to catch up on class quests for a range of jobs, getting far enough in the main story missions as possible, and level Arcanist to 15 getting the topaz carbuncle.