PDA

View Full Version : Cake!

KentaRawr!
08-17-2013, 02:51 AM
Personally, I don't like cake much. I really like ice cream cake, though. Yum.

What's your favorite kind of cake?

Shlup
08-17-2013, 08:10 AM
I don't like cake. I do like cake batter though.

noxious.sunshine
08-17-2013, 04:34 PM
How many cake threads does this make?? lmao

qwertysaur
08-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Cake is yummy. Cake batter is yummier. :quina:

Chris
08-17-2013, 08:39 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkju68v2Dr1qilou0o1_500.jpg

Vincent, Thunder God
08-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm more of a pie person, like strawberry-rhubarb.

Carrot cake's ok.

I'm kind of blanking because I haven't had cake in a long time.

noxious.sunshine
08-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Give me that cake. Right meow Chris.

Jess
09-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Victoria Sandwich, or cupcakes with vanilla frosting. I don't have cake often, but I like simple cakes when I do.

Psychotic
09-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Chocolate or get the fuck out. Nothing else will do!

Shorty
09-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Red velllllvet and carrot cake.

Slothy
09-29-2013, 01:00 AM
Oh, red velvet is good. Very good.

noxious.sunshine
09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Black Forest cake. Hellz yeah.

fire_of_avalon
09-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Here is a recipe for Coca-Cola cake. It's basically chocolate cake with more sugar. And it's the moistest cake ever.

Preheat oven to 350F or your incorrect measurement of heat's equivalent, and grease a 9x13 inch or your incorrect measurement of ...measures equivalent. Basically it should be your standard quarter sheet cake.

Mix this together
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE SODA.

Set aside and put these ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat until bubbling
1 cup butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup Coca Cola
1/2 cup of buttermilk (you can use regular milk. Not as tasty, but you can do it!)

Whisk this into the dry ingredients by thirds until everything is wet. Add:
2 room temperature eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or to taste)

Then put it in your prepared pan, and bake for 30 minutes. MEANWHILE Put this back in your saucepan:
1/4 cup of butter
1/3 cup of Coca Cola

Stir until bubbly and remove from heat. While it's still warm and before it gets gooey, take out your cake and make pinholes using a toothpick. Once you have enough pour your glaze all over the cake. It will fill the holes and make a nice crusty top for the cake. Let cool until the glaze... glazifies. Then eat with milk.

That is my faaaaaaavorite cake.

Skyblade
09-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Here is a recipe for Coca-Cola cake. It's basically chocolate cake with more sugar. And it's the moistest cake ever.

Preheat oven to 350F or your incorrect measurement of heat's equivalent, and grease a 9x13 inch or your incorrect measurement of ...measures equivalent. Basically it should be your standard quarter sheet cake.

Mix this together
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE SODA.

Set aside and put these ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat until bubbling
1 cup butter
1 cup Coca Cola
1/2 cup of buttermilk (you can use regular milk. Not as tasty, but you can do it!)

Whisk this into the dry ingredients by thirds until everything is wet. Add:
2 room temperature eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or to taste)

Then put it in your prepared pan, and bake for 30 minutes. MEANWHILE Put this back in your saucepan:
1/4 cup of butter
1/3 cup of Coca Cola

Stir until bubbly and remove from heat. While it's still warm and before it gets gooey, take out your cake and make pinholes using a toothpick. Once you have enough pour your glaze all over the cake. It will fill the holes and make a nice crusty top for the cake. Let cool until the glaze... glazifies. Then eat with milk.

Hang on there. First, give us an ingredient list, it makes things easier.

Second, what do you mean by "put this back in your saucepan"? If we're putting it "back" does that mean we've somehow removed the butter, cocoa powder, and Coca Cola from the saucepan?

As far as I can tell, we never removed anything from the saucepan in the first place. You tell us to grease the pan, check. Mix dry ingredients, check. Whisk in eggs and vanilla, check. Pour in greased pan, check. Where do we empty the saucepan? Or, if we don't, how do we put things "back" into it?

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2013, 03:18 AM
Or don't make the cake, whichever.

Skyblade
10-01-2013, 05:20 AM
Or don't make the cake, whichever.

I WANT to make the cake. It sounds like a good cake. Actually, my right hand is currently strained to the point of near uselessness, so I'll get someone else to make the cake.

I just want to make sure I'm getting the instructions right.

NeoCracker
10-01-2013, 08:03 AM
...This long and no mention of Cheesecake? You people fucking disgust me.

Shauna
10-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Hang on there. First, give us an ingredient list, it makes things easier.

Second, what do you mean by "put this back in your saucepan"? If we're putting it "back" does that mean we've somehow removed the butter, cocoa powder, and Coca Cola from the saucepan?

As far as I can tell, we never removed anything from the saucepan in the first place. You tell us to grease the pan, check. Mix dry ingredients, check. Whisk in eggs and vanilla, check. Pour in greased pan, check. Where do we empty the saucepan? Or, if we don't, how do we put things "back" into it?

The saucepan is added to the dry ingredients, whisked, followed by the adding of the eggs and vanilla. The forms the cake part!

The second saucepan stuff is used as a glaze after the cake is already cookin'.

Skyblade
10-01-2013, 05:38 PM
...This long and no mention of Cheesecake? You people smurfing disgust me.

Cheesecake, while awesome, isn't cake. It's a custard pie that people call a cake. And I don't post a lot up here period, so don't blame me.

The saucepan is added to the dry ingredients, whisked, followed by the adding of the eggs and vanilla. The forms the cake part!

The second saucepan stuff is used as a glaze after the cake is already cookin'.

I see it. The "add in thirds" was referring to the first saucepan set, then we add the other things. Ok. Thanks!

Skyblade
10-01-2013, 11:36 PM
I apologize for the double post, but I'm still trying to get this working.

Sorry, still working on this. Ok, so we stir until it's bubbly, then pull it off the heat. But we have to use it before it gets warm. But the cake doesn't come out of the oven for 30 minutes, right? So we should probably heat this to bubbling what, about 15 minutes before the cake is ready to come out, to make sure it has time to cool? I'm just afraid it will cool way too much if we start it immediately.

fire_of_avalon
10-02-2013, 12:56 AM
It needs to be very warm, almost hot, when you pour it over the cake. I start making the glaze about 15 minutes before the cake is ready to come out of the oven. This gives you plenty of time to get it smooth. You should stir the glaze constantly, like you would for a pudding. I should have mentioned that. The sugars can cause it to scorch. So use your left hand.

Loony BoB
10-02-2013, 10:01 AM
If cheesecake counts, cheesecake. If it doesn't count, screw you guys, I'm going to get some cheesecake.

Jinx
10-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Cheesecake counts as both pie and cake.

noxious.sunshine
10-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Cheesecake is cake cuz it has the word "cake" in it.

ha.

Flan is a custard.

Miriel
10-03-2013, 12:49 AM
I had tres leches cake over the weekend and it was sooooo good.

I love cake. Give me all the cakes.

noxious.sunshine
10-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Tres leches!! I can give you a cheater recipe if you want, Miriel! I'm really good at it lol...

I made it for my ex (who's Mexican, duh) & he went nuts. Then I made it for a white co-worker at Red Lobster for her bday & gave some to the alley coordinators and cooks and they loved it.

Freya
10-03-2013, 07:06 AM
Oh foa. Oh my. How dare you. You taunt me.

I have to make that cake now.

CristobalTakemoto
10-03-2013, 07:50 AM
I like a dark forest cake..topped up with cherries..

fire_of_avalon
10-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Oh foa. Oh my. How dare you. You taunt me.

I have to make that cake now.
It's good! the only thing I want to warn you about that I just remembered! Make sure you use a toothpick or something else small to make your pinholes. I used the handle of a spoon and the holes were too big, so mine kind of looked like it had woodboring beetles hiding in it and all my glaze went right to the bottom.