PDA

View Full Version : Tifa and Her Hat

Spooniest
08-17-2013, 03:54 PM
She gets cut with a right shoulder-to-left-illiac cut, and inexplicably flies back into the air; physics has gone out the window already, but why in the name of ZOOSE'S BUTTHOLE does her hat not fall off?

And now back to our show.

Jinx
08-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Bobby pins.

Sephex
08-17-2013, 05:00 PM
She was wearing a hat from the same company that made Indiana Jones his hat.

Aulayna
08-17-2013, 05:17 PM
It was not actually her hat but her hair in the shape and colour of a hat. Teenagers do the craziest things.

Spooniest
08-17-2013, 05:20 PM
...This reminds me of "Virtual Insanity."

His name is Jamiriquai, right?

Jiro
08-17-2013, 05:32 PM
She's got the drawstring on tight.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a3/Tifa_Lockhart.png/170px-Tifa_Lockhart.png

Although probably not tight enough.

http://thelifestream.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/tifa-pout.jpg

But that's as close to a realistic explanation as I think we'll find.

Jinx
08-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Her outfit is so practical to go leading people through dangerous mountain trails.

Spooniest
08-17-2013, 05:43 PM
How does Mr. "No Admittance" see under that thing anyway? Why is it glowing? Does it serve any purpose?

Skyblade
08-17-2013, 06:27 PM
How does Mr. "No Admittance" see under that thing anyway? Why is it glowing? Does it serve any purpose?

How does Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell see through his glowing, eye covering hat?

Mercen-X
08-17-2013, 06:30 PM
auto-magnifying, night-vision reconnaissance visors. They're typically worn like a baseball cap with the bill pull low but not enough to obscure vision. It's only when they need to use them that they pull them down.

I'm more curious how this guy can see:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/c/c0/SOLDIER_3rd_Class.JPG

The visor is so large, there's no leeway for vision and there's no openings?

Gamblet
08-17-2013, 07:06 PM
auto-magnifying, night-vision reconnaissance visors. They're typically worn like a baseball cap with the bill pull low but not enough to obscure vision. It's only when they need to use them that they pull them down.

I'm more curious how this guy can see:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/c/c0/SOLDIER_3rd_Class.JPG

The visor is so large, there's no leeway for vision and there's no openings?

Mako technology.

VeloZer0
08-17-2013, 07:58 PM
True warriors don't see their opponents with their eyes, they just feel their movements.

Vincent, Thunder God
08-17-2013, 09:54 PM
She was wearing a hat from the same company that made Indiana Jones his hat.

Indiana Jones loses his hat - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFQPXqEnKAA)

Spooniest
08-18-2013, 01:09 AM
True warriors don't see their opponents with their eyes, they just feel their movements.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

MJN SEIFER
08-18-2013, 01:27 AM
At the speed she fell (it was slowed down) her hat wouldn't necessarily fall off.

Spooniest
08-18-2013, 01:29 AM
BECAUSE PHYSICS :monster:

Jiro
08-18-2013, 03:55 AM
At the speed she fell (it was slowed down) her hat wouldn't necessarily fall off.

I thought it was for emphasis but I like the idea of her falling in slow motion, that makes me giggle so much.

Quindiana Jones
08-19-2013, 03:52 AM
What game is this from?! :confused:

MJN SEIFER
08-19-2013, 01:44 PM
What game is this from?! :confused: Final Fantasy VII.

Floodblade1234
08-20-2013, 08:32 PM
physics has gone out the window.

Hahaha,implying Final Fantasy EVER obeys the laws of physics!

Spooniest
08-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Hahaha,implying Final Fantasy EVER obeys the laws of physics!

Well, if you press forward, he does walk forward...technically physics... :holmes:

Mercen-X
08-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Unless Tifa used a jutsu to replace herself with a log, she is still a human being being slashed from top-down. The force would throw her head back and that alone would cause her hat to at least fall to her back before she went flying down the stairs. I stick with the idea that she tied her hat on tight before confronting him. She did have to charge pretty quickly up those stairs.

Then again, the way she kind of hunches beforehand, her hat should have fallen at Sephiroth's feet. In fact, she kind of hunches before the slash so Sephiroth should have taken, like, half of her face off.

Spooniest
08-21-2013, 07:16 AM
I'd like to point out that this entire line of speculation is based on the line after Cloud's flashback:

Tifa
"Cloud...how bad was I when Sephiroth cut me?"

Cloud
"I thought you were a goner...I was really sad."

Now this is one of Cloud's memories that we can trust. It's unfortunate for the party that it corroborates Cloud's story, but...

The force would throw her head back

Well...

If you're talking about a normal katana, it wouldn't really be a blunt strike, but merely a slashing motion that would open up the artery next to her collarbone, essentially deform one of her breasts (take that, hentai artists), and spill her entrails on the ground.

But if it's the Masamune? I kinda get the feeling she would have been sliced clean in half...this is possible with a katana of sufficient caliber in real life, so if it's the Masamune? Yeah...Zangan's "Cure Spells" woulda been too little, too late.

Perhaps he merely cut the artery near her collar bone? That would be sufficient to incapacitate a teenage girl, and would cause sufficient blood loss to be a life-threatening injury. But she hunches forward, gripping her shoulder, and then a twinge of shock runs through her back, and she throws her head back and loses her footing. Seems legit...

I spend way too much time thinking about these stories.

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 12:45 PM
I was about to say "Maybe he doesn't like hitting girls so held back?" but then I remembered... xD

VeloZer0
08-21-2013, 03:55 PM
She had martial arts training prior to that. Maybe she was attempting to jump back enough to get out of the instantly lethal range. Sephiroth probably knew that she wasn't instantaneously dead, just very close. However he didn't really care enough to go down there and finish her off.

Mercen-X
08-21-2013, 09:38 PM
And from what we see of her in VII and AC... she has no visible scars. There is no way a bunch of cure spells or a doctor could make her skin look perfect. Nobody would have fronted the money for plastic surgery and there's no way she could afford it on her own on a bartender's wages. This confirms it. She was a street walker. No wonder she knew how to dress for the Don. She probably been there before.

Jiro
08-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Someone posted fanart here once showing Tifa's scar, but yeah, it's not really shown anywhere and kind of devalues that scene. Can't have her being ugly though, I guess?

Ultima Shadow
08-29-2013, 05:58 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img826/5798/750q.png

supernaps
09-07-2013, 02:32 PM
I like the idea of her falling in slow motion, that makes me giggle so much.

Meanie.