PDA

View Full Version : Best parents in FF?

Spooniest
08-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Topapa and Nina would have been perfectly within their rights as the guardians of four orphan children to say "No, this is too dangerous, I don't care what some mouldy old crystal says!"

Do the four boys ever make it back? I don't really remember, it's been too long since I played.

That's a hell of a sacrifice to ask them to make.

46327 hides

Red Mage Coffman
08-20-2013, 05:41 PM
I always assumed the boys were such assholes that Topapa and Nina wanted to get rid of them.

Nah, I actually don't know. These guys sorta just.. Go, journey! Bye, don't ever come back!

VeloZer0
08-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Or they realized that RPG parents come in two types, the dead and the negligent. I know which one I would chose. ;)

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Sazh.

Spooniest
08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Sazh is a parent, apparently...

But Topapa and Nina are parents.

And Sazh is protecting his biological child, who unless I'm mistaken, serves no purpose in the story other than to characterize Sazh...I don't really know because I'm totally unfamiliar with XIII.

Topapa and Nina could have said "well, they're not ours, we'll just phone it in."

They instead raised the saviors of the Light and Dark Worlds. If they hadn't raised these kids, the Cloud of Darkness would have enveloped us all.

Seein' where I'm goin' with this?

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 12:11 PM
If you're going for a couple, it's hard to say because I don't know much about Dahj's mother. I mean, how many coupled parents are there in the game series at all?

But it doesn't matter why Sazh has a son, nor does it matter how involved in the plot the son is or anything. You asked who the best parents were in Final Fantasy and my reply is Sazh, because he, for me, is the best parent in Final Fantasy. :monster: Pretty much everything he does in the game is out of the love for his child. Not out of obligation to save the world or anything, but out of pure love. Dahj loves him back unconditionally, and that's a sign that Sazh is doing a lot right.

Red Mage Coffman
08-22-2013, 05:36 PM
THE BEST MOTH- I MEAN PARENT IN ALL OF FINAL FANTASY IS JENOVA.

All joking aside, I'd have to agree with BoB. Sazh is one hell of a parent, his love towards Dajh being what drives him.

Jiro
08-26-2013, 04:21 AM
Sazh is a parent, apparently...

But Topapa and Nina are parents.

And Sazh is protecting his biological child, who unless I'm mistaken, serves no purpose in the story other than to characterize Sazh...I don't really know because I'm totally unfamiliar with XIII.

Topapa and Nina could have said "well, they're not ours, we'll just phone it in."

They instead raised the saviors of the Light and Dark Worlds. If they hadn't raised these kids, the Cloud of Darkness would have enveloped us all.

Seein' where I'm goin' with this?

With this logic, any parent of any main character is excellent, especially if they are not the biological parent. Cid and Edea probably outrank Topapa and Nina because they raise more children who save the world.

Spooniest
08-27-2013, 12:16 PM
With this logic, any parent of any main character is excellent, especially if they are not the biological parent. Cid and Edea probably outrank Topapa and Nina because they raise more children who save the world.

Yes, I suppose so.

I checked up on it, and it looks like they do get a happy ending after all.

But the fact that they are the first parents ever to be included in a Final Fantasy game plays on my "first installment wins" idiosyncrasy.

Jiro
08-29-2013, 11:27 AM
First parents of the main characters, that is. King Corneria is likely Sara's father, Josef is a father, among others.

Spooniest
08-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Point taken. Topapa and Nina, however, are the first parents whose relationship with their children is examined in any meaningful way.

I don't know who was writing Final Fantasy 2, but I don't think they were a happy camper.

"You want me to tell this story with HOW MANY WORDS?"

black orb
09-13-2013, 04:03 AM
>>> Jetch, best dad ever..:luca:

Shiny
09-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Wakka and Lulu, ya? They're pretty cool parents. I don't know about Topapa and Nina, but Topapa is an awesome name.