gamewizzard16
08-18-2013, 11:01 PM
i trying to decide what Ff game to play i have only finished ff8 8

Spuuky
08-18-2013, 11:20 PM
FF1

Motdrafin
08-18-2013, 11:21 PM
I think you should probably play FFVI, as many (including me) regard it as the best Final Fantasy. Though, it may be better to play other titles that are still amazing, though not the best, such as IV, as you may enjoy lesser titles more than if you played the best first.

ZonkoTony
08-19-2013, 03:21 AM
Honestly, I would recommend Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles or Revenant Wings. But if you must play a game in the main series, go with either Tactics, or FF9 for sure!

escobert
08-21-2013, 04:36 AM
Seven.

Del Murder
08-21-2013, 02:46 PM
FFVI or VII are great jumping in points to the series. They are widely considered the best and every FF fan loves at least one of them.

Elpizo
08-24-2013, 09:12 PM
FFVI or VII are great jumping in points to the series. They are widely considered the best and every FF fan loves at least one of them.

Not really, no. :D I don't really like VII all that much and I like VI even less.

Anyway, back on topic. I suggest playing either III, IV, V, IX or XII, as those are the top five in the series. IX is the best, but to fully enjoy it it's probably better to wait until you've played some more games in the series so you can spot all the references to the older games. I'd pick either III or IV, they're classic. Just be sure to play III before V, else you might not find III's job system much fun.

TrollHunter
08-25-2013, 01:54 AM
XII has always been my favorite, though be warned that it is quite a large departure from the main series.

III is a solid one, albeit a tad grindy at times. It was my first old-school FF and because of that it will probably always be my favorite.
V is extremely fun is you get creative. It can be VERY grindy if you're like me and want to make a ton of job combos because the job system is such a blast to play around with.
X is a solid game, and though it has a fair share of flaws that keep it from being spectacular I still highly recommend it.

Spooniest
08-25-2013, 02:55 AM
As the Mad Hatter once said:

Start at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.

Play Final Fantasy 1, dude.

The Man
08-25-2013, 03:04 AM
To the OP, what are you looking for out of a Final Fantasy game? That will have a rather large bearing on what game you should play.