PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: The Animated Series

Pike
08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
So Huxley and I are currently watching this and ahahahaha what on earth http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/emot-shepface_zpsbd2f7996.gif The Animated Series is a hell of a drug, lemme tell ya. The funny thing is that there are a couple of gem episodes but mostly it's an absolutely nonsensical headtrip filled with horrific animation.

It's amazing.

Please tell me someone else has seen this.

Araciel
08-19-2013, 05:54 PM
It's not canon :colbert:

Del Murder
08-19-2013, 05:56 PM
I have not seen this but I have watched the Back to the Future animated series.

Spooniest
08-20-2013, 01:40 AM
*sigh*

Of course I have...I've seen them all... :roll2 Don't know how it's possible to feel like a nerd about it on a Final Fantasy board...

The animated series had someone important as its script supervisor...officially known as DC Fontana. Now, what a lot of people in the biz didn't know at the time, was that the D stood for Dorothy.

Gene Roddenberry basically laid TAS in her lap, and said, "I trust you to take care of this."

And it accomplished exactly what it set out to do; it capitalized on the popularity of TOS right as it was at its peak, during the original syndication run in the early 70's.

Pike
08-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Don't know how it's possible to feel like a nerd about it on a Final Fantasy board...

why would I feel like a nerd about it? I've never hid my Trekkieness. TAS is frickin' amazing so far.

Spooniest
08-20-2013, 07:18 AM
why would I feel like a nerd about it? I've never hid my Trekkieness. TAS is frickin' amazing so far.

You've misunderstood me.

I feel like a nerd anytime I bring up Star Trek anywhere...it wouldn't matter if I was on Vulcan or something.

I've lived in the South since I was 17. :D

Jinx
08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
I didn't know this existed. I need it in my life NOW.

Slothy
08-20-2013, 02:19 PM
It was on Teletoon way back in the day so of course I've seen it. Good shit man. Good shit.