PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on F1 2012 - Let's Play sign up

Slothy
08-19-2013, 03:09 PM
I recently picked up F1 2012 on Steam really cheap, and have been gifted with a new racing wheel controller. That can only mean one thing folks:

Time for another LP.

I'll be playing through the five season long career mode as I learn how to race using something other than a controller and try to work my way up to win the championship. But since most things are more fun with other people, I'm opening up a sign up for anyone who would like to get their name in to replace some of the top drivers in the world.

Simply sign up for the team you want, first come first served. I'll track your name and your performance each season and post the results here so you can all enjoy the ride, while I dish out all of the highlights of each race.

Couldn't be simpler, so sign up if you're interested, and I may be able to record some of the races if you'd like and slap them up on Youtube.

Here's the list of teams. There's a limit of two drivers per team, so if you have a particular one in mind get your name in before it's full.

Red Bull: Driver 1 - Jiro, Driver 2 - Aulayna
McLaren: Driver 1 - Loony BoB, Driver 2 - Mo-Nercy
Ferrari: Driver 1 - Psychotic, Driver 2 - Daniel Towns suspiciously plunging his finger into a bowl full of jelly
Mercedes: Driver 1 - Red Mage Coffman
Lotus: Driver 1 - Formalhaut, Driver 2 - Shion
Force India
Sauber
Toro Rosso: Driver 1 - Shauna
Williams
Caterham
HRT
Marussia: Driver 1 - Shorty, Driver 2- Vivi22

12 teams. 24 drivers. Who's going to be taking home the championship in each of the five seasons? It probably won't be me so get your names in and kick my ass.

Loony BoB
08-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Put me in for McLaren, please. :up:

EDIT: Which team are you going for, out of curiosity? You should be allowed to pick your driving partner. I suggest Shorty, since you two are close enough to abuse each other and get angry at each other about team orders. ;)

Shauna
08-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Toro Rosso sounds cool. Sign me up!

Formalhaut
08-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Can I be the Lotus! I love the F1. I'm tempted to go for Force India and go for one of the 'plucky' teams, but I don't want to be stone dead last in this :p

Slothy
08-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Put me in for McLaren, please. :up:

EDIT: Which team are you going for, out of curiosity? You should be allowed to pick your driving partner. I suggest Shorty, since you two are close enough to abuse each other and get angry at each other about team orders. ;)

I actually wasn't sure which team I was going to join, but I ran through enough of the young driver's test to start career mode and pick my team. I went with Marussia. They only want me to finish 20th or better for the season, so hopefully that will be doable while I learn to race with the wheel. I also took your suggestion and made Shorty my teammate unless she decides to object. Hopefully this doesn't mean she'll be stuck on a last place team forever. :(

Shorty
08-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Hellllll yeah, Marussia.

(I've never heard the name Marussia in my life but it looks like they make some sweet cars, so I'm happy!)

Jiro
08-19-2013, 05:44 PM
I forget who Mark Webber drives for currently. Red Bull maybe? Just put me in whatever team he's in or something :monster:

Slothy
08-19-2013, 06:59 PM
He does indeed drive for Red Bull. At least until the end of the 2013 season anyway.

Psychotic
08-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Ferrari me up. I'm aiming to be Schumi but I will probably end up as Eddie Irvine or Rubens Barichello.

Loony BoB
08-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Ferrari me up. I'm aiming to be Schumi but I will probably end up as Eddie Irvine or Rubens Barichello.
Barichello > Schumacher in so many ways.

Psychotic
08-19-2013, 07:21 PM
He shouldn't have left Stewart. JOHNNY HERBERT FOREVER :colbert:

Aulayna
08-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Hit me up for either Red Bull or McClaren, I can be BoB or Jiro's wingman anyday.

Slothy
08-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Put you on Red Bull since it's first on the list. Excellent choice if I may say.

Jiro
08-20-2013, 11:17 AM
WE HAVE WINGS MOTHERFUCKERS.

Slothy
08-21-2013, 01:35 AM
I think I'll leave the signups open for a few more days. I'd like to get a started on Friday I think with the first Grand Prix. I'll probably still let people sign up after, but they will be assigned to a random team for fairness to those who got in early. No cherry picking. :)

Formalhaut
08-21-2013, 02:27 AM
I think I'll leave the signups open for a few more days. I'd like to get a started on Friday I think with the first Grand Prix. I'll probably still let people sign up after, but they will be assigned to a random team for fairness to those who got in early. No cherry picking. :)

I want a second teammate. I want someone to blame if something goes disastrously wrong.

Slothy
08-21-2013, 02:30 AM
I could always just let those who are alone pick their teammate once things get started. If people don't want to sign up, we'll sign them up without their consent.

Sir Lancealot
08-21-2013, 09:28 AM
I'd like to drive for Williams.

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 09:52 AM
I've linked Mo-Nercy to this thread, he's made a couple of Formula One threads at EoFF beforehand. If he doesn't say who he wants to race for before the deadline, put him down as my racing partner (if someone hasn't already beaten him to it).

Psychotic
08-21-2013, 09:59 AM
I could always just let those who are alone pick their teammate once things get started. If people don't want to sign up, we'll sign them up without their consent.Sign up Daniel Towns suspiciously plunging his finger into a bowl full of jelly as my team mate.

Formalhaut
08-23-2013, 12:39 AM
If we're going through the role of signing up teammates without their knowledge, then force make Shion my racing partner for Lotus.

Slothy
08-23-2013, 01:01 AM
Not a problem. Assuming I don't have any interruptions tomorrow, I plan to do the practice session and qualifying for the first race at least. I'm planning to stream it on my twitch account as well, where it will also be available to watch after the stream is done. I'll update a bit before I go live assuming everything works smoothly.

Formalhaut
08-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Not a problem. Assuming I don't have any interruptions tomorrow, I plan to do the practice session and qualifying for the first race at least. I'm planning to stream it on my twitch account as well, where it will also be available to watch after the stream is done. I'll update a bit before I go live assuming everything works smoothly.

Make sure to link us to your account! :D

Slothy
08-23-2013, 04:49 PM

Of course. You can find my channel here: Vivi2372 (http://www.twitch.tv/vivi2372)

I'm just having a really quick lunch right now and I plan to go live in the next 10-15 minutes. I'll be running it in windowed mode on my end, on the off chance someone is watching who has a twitch account and wants to join me in the chat window.

Formalhaut
08-23-2013, 05:00 PM

Of course. You can find my channel here: Vivi2372 (http://www.twitch.tv/vivi2372)

I'm just having a really quick lunch right now and I plan to go live in the next 10-15 minutes. I'll be running it in windowed mode on my end, on the off chance someone is watching who has a twitch account and wants to join me in the chat window.

I shall be joining you!

Red Mage Coffman
08-23-2013, 05:48 PM
I like Mercedes! :D ME, ME!

Slothy
08-23-2013, 06:33 PM

Done and done.

For anyone interested, here's a link to the video of the stream of my practice and qualifying sessions. Absolutely awful performances on my part, though I was improving towards the end (mostly). I'll warn you all in advance that Formy was in chat so I was responding to a lot of what he was saying rather than simply talking to myself. Might make for a bit of a hard to follow conversation at times though.

vivi2372 - EoFF LP F1 2012: Episode 1 (http://www.twitch.tv/vivi2372/b/450198403)

Formalhaut
08-23-2013, 09:33 PM

Done and done.

For anyone interested, here's a link to the video of the stream of my practice and qualifying sessions. Absolutely awful performances on my part, though I was improving towards the end (mostly). I'll warn you all in advance that Formy was in chat so I was responding to a lot of what he was saying rather than simply talking to myself. Might make for a bit of a hard to follow conversation at times though.

vivi2372 - EoFF LP F1 2012: Episode 1 (http://www.twitch.tv/vivi2372/b/450198403)

Man, did we have fun. :D

Mo-Nercy
08-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Nice. Scored a McLaren drive by doing nothing.
Call me Jenson Button, everyone.

Slothy
08-26-2013, 03:23 AM
Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to postpone this LP for a bit. Some things have come up in my life that probably won't allow me to keep to an update schedule I'd like and that would be fair to all of you. I'm not abandoning it or anything though, and hopefully I'll be ready to continue on in a few weeks to a month.

On the plus side, I don't see the New Vegas play through Shorty and I are doing being too adversely affected.

Loony BoB
08-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Do what you gotta do, man. :up:

Formalhaut
08-26-2013, 02:34 PM
WHAT. :colbert:

Only kidding. Take as much time as you need Vivi! :)