PDA

View Full Version : Music Oddly Similar to Final Fantasy

Spooniest
08-20-2013, 01:44 AM
239fNGLXYWs

I don't recall where we got this album, and I guess it's just supposed to be elevator music or something, but I've been listening to it non stop for years.

Ever run across any music that's similar to Final Fantasy in a place you wouldn't expect?

comma
08-20-2013, 04:52 AM
That music reminds me more of Xenogears and Xenosaga soundtracks.

noxious.sunshine
08-20-2013, 05:00 AM
YES.

A Kid's game at Chuck e Cheese uses a familiar Final Fantasy tune. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-vBUu3-B6s)
Chuck E Cheese should be sued. I think. Maybe?

Spooniest
08-20-2013, 07:14 AM
That music reminds me more of Xenogears and Xenosaga soundtracks.

I used to put it on and play Tactics, actually.

I don't know if I believe that Chuck E Cheese game is really producing that music...that seems like it could have been faked...

comma
08-20-2013, 02:02 PM
It's not faked. I'm an audio engineer, and I know real sounds when I hear them.

My question is, why don't dumb games like that just use classical music since there's no copyright on it?

Spooniest
08-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Engineers get drunk with fatigue too...they were probably just really tired, and employed the subsequent strategy of "hoping no one notices."

comma
08-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Yes, just another grueling day at the Dino Pop factory.

noxious.sunshine
08-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Engineers get drunk with fatigue too...they were probably just really tired, and employed the subsequent strategy of "hoping no one notices."

Um actually, It's not faked. I've taken my daughter to Chuck E Cheese and heard it myself when she plays it.

This game is in almost every Chuck E Cheese and they all play the same music.

Spooniest
08-21-2013, 05:45 AM
Dang, it's starting to sound like some kind of quiet licensing deal, or you know, they might have just been stuck for something to use, and fell back on the aforementioned strategy of "hoping no one notices."

Or there could be a Chocobo inside of it.