PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Discuss Locke

Chris
08-20-2013, 07:35 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/2f/Locke_Cole_small.png Locke: "Oh, now that was just plain rude. I'm a treasure hunter...and don't you forget it."

Let us discuss this man. I think he's pretty awesome.

http://vgfanart.com/snes/ff6/Locke%20Cole%20%20Final.jpg

Jiro
08-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Just look at the definition in that chest. The treasure box is pretty good, too.

Spooniest
08-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Why does he have Adult Link's face from Ocarina of Time?

Yeah, Locke's the man, most assuredly. My favorite part featuring him is on the deck of the Blackjack, after the Cave to the Sealed Gate.

This is a guy who doesn't just tell you to get down, he goddamn throws you to the ground to save your life.

Sephex
08-21-2013, 08:57 PM
I bet he felt the need to be a Thief based class because of his name.

maybee
08-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Locke ? One of the best if not one of the best Final Fantasy characters of all time. Brave, a little goofy at times, caring , supportive and has a heartbreaking past.

Also found this on Tumblr

If you hate Locke. Then you are wrong.

Edge7
08-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Points to avatar circa-August 24, 2013

Jiro
08-28-2013, 03:08 AM
Locke is awesome and is in a sense the prototype character for Cloud in a lot of ways (and in a lot of ways actually beats Cloud as a character). He balances serious and silly quite well, shows a lot of depth and positive character traits and is probably the best leader the party could have picked.

Spooniest
08-28-2013, 10:48 AM
On the negative side, Locke is very physically weak for most of the game; the really good weapons for him do not appear until about halfway through the World of Ruin (if such a thing can be conceptualized due to its non-linear nature).

But since you're going to be Stealing with him 90% of the time, and you can usually put him in the party with Sabin or Cyan or Edgar (who can pump out the damage for him), it doesn't end up mattering a whole lot.

maybee
09-04-2013, 08:03 AM
On the negative side, Locke is very physically weak for most of the game; the really good weapons for him do not appear until about halfway through the World of Ruin (if such a thing can be conceptualized due to its non-linear nature).

The weapon I have on him right now is pretty neat. You can steal while attacking at the same time. But he yeah could be stronger. Sabin just blows him away in the strength department.

Locke is awesome and is in a sense the prototype character for Cloud in a lot of ways

Yeah ! * Is Mindblown *

Not only that but Aerith's theme has parts of Celes's theme in it I heard.

I love Locke and Cloud. I couldn't choose between them. :(

supernaps
09-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Locke is pretty dashing, yeah. And don't you forget it.