PDA

View Full Version : CYBORG's Cybercide: Jett Jackson, what have you done?

Mercen-X
08-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Lee Thompson Young Dead: Disney's 'The Famous Jett Jackson' Star Dies At 29 (UPDATE) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/lee-thompson-young-dead_n_3780781.html)

Actor Lee Thompson Young, was found recently by his landlord deceased via seemingly self-inflicted gunshot wound. The case is being investigated by authorities. People who knew him cannot believe he has done this as he was not in the ruddy place most people would have fallen to as a motive for doing it. In fact, he seemed to have become one of the more successful of his DisKid peers.

Lee is most famously known by his portrayals in the Disney Channel original coming-of-age series about a young actor whose role as a secret agent on television fed his moral and ethical outlooks in dealing with his own life and as Cyborg/Victor Stone on Smallville beginning with season 5. He also appeared on The Guardian, Scrubs, Friday Night Lights, FlashForward, and had a recurring role on Rizzoli & Isles.

It was due to his absence from the set that his coworkers from Rizzoli & Isles called Young's landlord.

There has been a comment made regarding the news upkeep seeming negligent toward Young's case whereas the Glee star Corey Monteith got "five days" worth of aired news reporting his "tragic passing."

noxious.sunshine
08-21-2013, 05:23 PM
I heard about this right after the news broke on TMZ.

I think Lee's death isn't getting as much face time as Cory Monteith's because Cory was a star on one of television's top t.v. shows, while Lee just kind of faded into the background - even though he was still acting and was still doing a good job, it just wasn't on the same level as Cory. I didn't even know he'd been on Smallville (was never a fan) & I've never heard of Rizzoli & Isles.

Not to mention Lea Michele and everyone worrying about her and wondering how -she's- doing.

If Lee had killed himself back when The Famous Jett Jackson was airing, he would've gotten as much, if not more, coverage as Cory. For a Disney Channel star to do something like that -while- they're a Disney Channel star? Hooooo-eeeeeee. The press would have a field day with that. People would question if it was pressure from the company or whatever.

It's like the girl who played Eric Forman's older sister (Lisa?? Was that her name?) In "That 70's Show" passed away last week. She was an alcoholic and went into cardiac arrest or something while she was sleeping. I've seen 2 or 3 articles and that's it.