PDA

View Full Version : Pick a materia, any materia...

Spooniest
08-21-2013, 07:32 AM
...But you only get to pick one.

If you could have any one materia, what would it be and why?

I'd pick Sense, because nobody else will want it...cuz it's lame.

And we're off!

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 10:27 AM
You'd certainly have some Sense.

Obviously the easy answer is to pick one of the Huge materia or even the Enemy Skill materia. If you exclude those, I'd have to think a little more carefully... I mean, I don't need to go around killing anyone with massive attacks, so I'd have to be a little more inventive.

1. Carbuncle, so when it rains I can just have the rain bounce off me. Also, he's pretty neat.
2. Ifrit, for hanging out on cold days.
3. Shiva, for hanging out on hot days.
4. All, so I could sell it for a large sum of money.
5. Chocobo Lure, so I could lure chocobos! :D
6. Manipulate, so I could use people as my puppets. :mwahaha:
7. Luck Plus. Who couldn't do with a little more luck?
8. Gil Plus. Earn twice as much at work.
9. EXP Plus. Gain twice as much knowledge from my experiences.
10. Pre-Emptive. Always be one step ahead of the game.
11. Underwater. CAN BREATHE UNDERWATER. x_x
12. Time. So I could do everything twice as fast. Stop could be useful, too, when people are annoying me.
13. Full Cure. So I could instantly repair any non-fatal injuries.
14. Esuna. Never be sick again.

If I had all of these things I could basically live happily forever. Picking just one is really rough. I think I'd go for Esuna, Time or Gil Plus. I mean, they all relate to each other in some way. With Time I could earn the money of two men by doing everything twice as fast, and I could arguably Stop any illness in it's tracks if I could control the spell well enough. Earning more money would also mean I could afford excellent healthcare. But then, Esuna would allow me to be healthier for longer, therefore live longer, and let's not kid ourselvse, Esuna is a proper money maker. The real concern would probably be the high demand for my services should I have Esuna. :( EXP Plus would be neat, too, but I think I'm rather content with the amount of experience I'm getting out of life right now. I just want more moneh so I can have the opportunities to gain more interesting experiences by traveling etc.

I think in the end I'd probably go for Gil Plus. That double-your-salary deal would set me up to be able to do a massive amount of things I really want to do in life.

Mirage
08-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Master Command.

Jiro
08-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Mastered All.

Sell it. Keep the spawned one, master it, etc.

Live however you goddamn want because you're rich.

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Mastered All.

Sell it. Keep the spawned one, master it, etc.

Live however you goddamn want because you're rich.
If it's already mastered, it won't spawn a new one - make sure you get an almost mastered one. :D

Spooniest
08-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Plus, how are you going to keep mastering it with no other materia to fight battles with?

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Jiro reportedly arrested for beating up children.

Jiro
08-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Ugh. You get my point. An All materia, master it, keep the spawned one. Goddamn pedantry.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, kids.

Karifean
08-21-2013, 11:54 AM
But then, Esuna would allow me to be healthier for longer, therefore live longer, and let's not kid ourselvse, Esuna is a proper money maker.

Don't forget that the Heal materia also has Resist which makes you infinitely immune to any further illnesses :p

Let's see, which are the ones I'd pick...

Enemy Skill - if it counts, there's no contest, it wins hands down.
Heal - Esuna would indeed be pretty useful as well as Resist... though a misplaced Resist might get someone stuck with an illness.
Restore - Come on, White Mage is the most essential job of them all. And Regen is basically Full Cure without the risk of dying.
Transform - Let's be real, being able to make someone tiny or morph them into a frog would be pretty damn hilarious.
Manipulate - Evil thoughts...

But out of all possibilities, W-Item is the one I'd go for, just to exploit the error in the Matrix. It would be hella useful to have infinite copies of any object.

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Ha, I didn't even think of considering the W-Item glitch. That would certainly lead to endless profit.

VeloZer0
08-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Every time I enter battle IRL I always have trouble getting them to stand there and wait for me to do my item duping.

WildRaubtier
08-21-2013, 03:59 PM
gosh all these posts about jiro's logic hole and no one's called out BoB about the carbuncle thing yet?

Red Mage Coffman
08-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Guys, guys..

Double Cut Materia by far, come on.

Karifean
08-21-2013, 06:34 PM

What would you do with it, though?

Shorty
08-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Does Summon materia count? I'd have thought not.

I'm inclined to go with Ice, but I'm partial to Steal.

Mercen-X
08-21-2013, 09:45 PM
1. Carbuncle, so when it rains I can just have the rain bounce off me. Also, he's pretty neat.

Where do you pick up Carbuncle again?

I'd choose W-Item. Duplicate expensive items, sell them, then buy and sell all yo aszes ten times over.

Mirage
08-21-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't think there is a carbuncle in FF7.

Gamblet
08-21-2013, 11:41 PM
I would take the Black Materia and lock myself in a basement where there is lots of Mako energy.

Formalhaut
08-21-2013, 11:46 PM
I'll join the bandwagon and go with the W-Item materia. It makes other materia like the Gil Plus materia redundant, as I can just duplicate and sell off all me booty!

Mirage
08-21-2013, 11:56 PM
And I, with my master command materia can manipulate you all to give me the money.

Mercen-X
08-22-2013, 04:04 AM
I'll join the bandwagon and go with the W-Item materia. It makes other materia like the Gil Plus materia redundant, as I can just duplicate and sell off all me booty!
Agreed, I doubt you need Gil Plus to make a profit off yo booty. :takeabow:

Quindiana Jones
08-22-2013, 08:21 AM

Cut things twice.

Shauna
08-22-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't think there is a carbuncle in FF7.

This is indeed the case.

Red Mage Coffman
08-22-2013, 05:31 PM

Well.. I was trying to for sarcasm, but I do sound kinda serious. I dunno.. I'd.. Double.. Cut.. Things.

leader of mortals
08-22-2013, 09:04 PM
If only I could choose 2, and take the final attack-Revive combo.

For only 1 materia, though, I'd have to go with Time

Being able to stop or slow time in a controlled area, being able to hasten myself to move faster, that'd be pretty cool.

Mercen-X
08-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Was there a materia for invisibility?

Mirage
08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
No

Jiro
08-26-2013, 04:26 AM

Well.. I was trying to for sarcasm, but I do sound kinda serious. I dunno.. I'd.. Double.. Cut.. Things.

Become the best chef in the world.

Gamblet
08-26-2013, 02:56 PM

Quadra slice some wieners.

Loony BoB
08-26-2013, 04:06 PM
World's best lumberjack.

Tigmafuzz
09-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Exit.