PDA

View Full Version : Viva, Las Vegas

LocoColt04
08-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Well, it's that time of the year again.

At the ass-crack of dawn this coming Sunday, I'll already be waiting to board a flight for our annual managers' conference. It's back in Vegas this year, so I'll be in town from Sunday the 25th until Thursday the 29th! If you happen to be in the area and want to swing on by to say hello, I'll be lost in a sea of 4500 other managers and higher-up-the-food-chain-managers running back and forth between classes and shows and demos and meetings.

BUT! There will be free time, typically as the sun is setting and onward. We'll be in the Venetian, so if you have a hankering for some Streetpass tags, swing your tail by the towers at any given time during the next week and you'll get a few hundred of them.

My personal free time is as follows:
*All times listed are Pacific Daylight Time, for localites

• SUNDAY after 19:00
• MONDAY unlikely unless you want to be active super late (group dinners with colleagues)
• TUESDAY unlikely (our attendance to the Expo is a day before the public, and typically with slightly different things)
• WEDNESDAY after 19:00
• THURSDAY unlikely unless you're awake in the morning (shuttles to airport throughout the morning)

What does this mean?

Well, if you're down for a super impromptu meetup, my roommate and I will likely not be getting overly trashed during our free time like a few of our colleagues might, and I'm certainly up to doing something other than sitting in the hotel room playing my 3DS.

Converse and such, and if you're up for a meetup somewhere (keep in mind we won't have our own transportation, but I'm not opposed to walking reasonable distances) let me know! Cell number can be distributed via Mognet Messages.

Shorty
08-22-2013, 10:27 PM
You're staying in the Venetian? I am so jelly. That is undoubtedly my favorite hotel. My dad works there and my sister works at Mandalay Bay.

Have you ever been to Vegas before? You must go to the Bellagio and try their gelato. Must must must.

Sorry, I don't live near enough for a meetup! But I've been going to Vegas yearly all my life and can make some recommendations if you like.

LocoColt04
08-22-2013, 11:13 PM
I've been to Vegas a couple of times! The last time I went was also for work though, so it's been a couple years.

I missed out on my chance to win $130,000 because I didn't trust my gut. I am still disgusted with myself.

Denmark
08-23-2013, 01:48 AM
people need to travel to the east coast :colbert:

have a great time! i need to get to vegas before i'm too burdened by a family and/or career to properly enjoy it. maybe.

LocoColt04
08-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Man, we might be going to New York next year. Orlando/Miami are also on the cutting board. Other alternative? Seattle. So unless I hear something different this year (and we should... we should find out at the closing ceremonies where next year's Conference is) it should be one of those three places.

Although, I kinda want to go to New York sometime in the spring anyway. I've got a bunch of people from TFF posted up on the east coast that I can go see, and some FFXI LS mates in both Philly and Jersey, so it's a feasible trip~