PDA

View Full Version : Surfing the internet

Jiro
08-21-2013, 10:45 AM
How did we get such a stupid fucking term in the first place. I have never tried to surf before in my life but I am pretty sure it has zero similarities with the internet, except maybe the frequency of bikini clad women. Is this one of those things that some suit came up with to try and make the internet a cool thing? It just seems stupid.

Discuss weird terms and such I guess.

Sephex
08-21-2013, 11:21 AM
You're clearly just not down with Cyberspace, Jiro. Hey, search "Clue" in your AOL keyword box and maybe you'll get one!

Jinx
08-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Because you ride the wave, maaaaaan.

Denmark
08-21-2013, 12:41 PM
yeah that term is really dumb. how do you surf on the information superhighway?

Loony BoB
08-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Various quotes from Ben Bailey, standup comedian from New York...

A friend of mine, everytime I call him, I go "How have you been doing man?" and he says "Oh, I've just been working like a dog." What, have you been laying on the floor all smurfing day? What, are you licking your balls professionally now?

I did a show in El Paso, Texas. Way down near Mexico, right? A friend of mine tried to warn me about it. He said "You better be careful down there in El Paso, man! You better be careful man! Hoo, they've got more Mexicans down there than you can shake a stick at!" I thought... what the smurf does that mean? More Mexicans than you can shake a stick at. More. Like there's a certain number of Mexicans that it's perfectly okay to shake a stick at... just don't go beyond that number! Right? I'm going to be out in El Paso with a stick in my hand. [shaking motions] [Someone will come along and say...] "Hey, what do you think you're doing!?" "I'm just shaking a stick at these Mexicans..." "You can't do that my friend." "Well, why not?" "Because there's too many of them!"

How did you sleep? "Like a baby!" What, did you trout in your pants? Did you wake up crying every half an hour? What the smurf is wrong with you? You're 35 years old. Stop sleeping in that crib!

I saw this big fight on the street in New York. One guy was laying on the ground, he'd been beaten up and this old women she was panicing, screaming "HE BEAT HIM HAAAALF TO DEATH! HE BEAT HIM HAAAALF TO DEATH!" And I'm sitting there staring at this guy. And pretty soon all I can hear is "HAAAALF TO DEATH!" "HAAAALF!" And I start thinking. Half? How does she know that? So I interrupted her and I said "Excuse me, but there is no way that you can know that this man has been beaten half to death. The only way we could know that for sure... is if we were to beat him again... exactly the same way... and he were to die right at the end." So we beat the trout out of him. And he died. Then the police showed up... "What has happened here?" "This man is exactly dead. He was beaten half to death... twice."

noxious.sunshine
08-21-2013, 05:12 PM
XD I remember when we first got the interwebz and I was like "Where the hell is this Information Superhighway!?" - I literally thought it would be a highway on my computer screen. I was 12.

Also.. "Daaaaamn, dudes be thirsty!" - I posted about this on Facebook and a couple of other places. Like. How do you -know- someone is thirsty? Are their lips chapped & cracked? Are they passed out on the floor from dehydration? Do they have a cold refreshing beverage in their hand? Did they -tell- you they're thirsty? GTFO with that.

And this one: "My bad dawg, I wasn't tryna come at you sideways." - Why the hell would you come at me sideways? Are you a crab? 'Cuz if you are, in fact human, I'd suggest you -not- going at anyone sideways. They'd probably mistake yo ass for being drunk.

Jinx
08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
I think saying someone is thirsty means they're horny.

Agent Proto
08-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Think of it like channel surfing on your tv where you just flipping through tv channels. Same thing, except you're just mindlessly browsing websites.

noxious.sunshine
08-21-2013, 07:41 PM
XD I -know- what it means. It's sarcasm . lmao

I just think it's completely stupid.

Quindiana Jones
08-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Various quotes from Ben Bailey, standup comedian from New York...

A friend of mine, everytime I call him, I go "How have you been doing man?" and he says "Oh, I've just been working like a dog." What, have you been laying on the floor all smurfing day? What, are you licking your balls professionally now?

I did a show in El Paso, Texas. Way down near Mexico, right? A friend of mine tried to warn me about it. He said "You better be careful down there in El Paso, man! You better be careful man! Hoo, they've got more Mexicans down there than you can shake a stick at!" I thought... what the smurf does that mean? More Mexicans than you can shake a stick at. More. Like there's a certain number of Mexicans that it's perfectly okay to shake a stick at... just don't go beyond that number! Right? I'm going to be out in El Paso with a stick in my hand. [shaking motions] [Someone will come along and say...] "Hey, what do you think you're doing!?" "I'm just shaking a stick at these Mexicans..." "You can't do that my friend." "Well, why not?" "Because there's too many of them!"

How did you sleep? "Like a baby!" What, did you trout in your pants? Did you wake up crying every half an hour? What the smurf is wrong with you? You're 35 years old. Stop sleeping in that crib!

I saw this big fight on the street in New York. One guy was laying on the ground, he'd been beaten up and this old women she was panicing, screaming "HE BEAT HIM HAAAALF TO DEATH! HE BEAT HIM HAAAALF TO DEATH!" And I'm sitting there staring at this guy. And pretty soon all I can hear is "HAAAALF TO DEATH!" "HAAAALF!" And I start thinking. Half? How does she know that? So I interrupted her and I said "Excuse me, but there is no way that you can know that this man has been beaten half to death. The only way we could know that for sure... is if we were to beat him again... exactly the same way... and he were to die right at the end." So we beat the trout out of him. And he died. Then the police showed up... "What has happened here?" "This man is exactly dead. He was beaten half to death... twice."

Does he do any good jokes?

Cloudane
08-22-2013, 04:55 PM
I thought the title said smurfing the internet, which would be far more accurate.

Chris
08-22-2013, 05:18 PM
To be completely honest, our pictures have been completely censored, so, surf all you want!

Araciel
08-22-2013, 09:33 PM
What would you rather call it?

sharkythesharkdogg
08-22-2013, 09:38 PM
What would you rather call it?

Webfucking