PDA

View Full Version : LONG NIGHTS...IMPOSSIBLE ODDS

Spooniest
08-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Maybe this will cut my legs off in any future arguments about Final Fantasy, but perhaps that's for the best.

I confess: I love them all. They're all spectacular.

I have issues with the way the story is being presented from about X on, but that's really cosmetic, fixable stuff.

Final Fantasy is fuckin great.

Karifean
08-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Same here. I love them all. So much that I can hardly rank them. I only know my favorite and my least favorite... the rest is somewhere in the middle.

Quindiana Jones
08-22-2013, 02:18 PM
The only one I don't like are the ones I haven't played or the ones I only played when I was young and hated them unfairly. FFII is an example of the former, and FFVIII is an example of the latter.

Bolivar
08-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Co-sign. Even the one I enjoy the least is still more magical than almost every other game out there.

Spooniest
08-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Even Final Fantasy II is ok, once you get your characters strong enough. Sure, the story is dumb compared to IV, but it's not like very many of us in the West had played it before we got to play IV.

Who knows what our reaction would have been if it had been released right after the first one?

And TBH, before I found out The Internet was abuzz with hate for this game, I liked it just fine.

Bolivar
08-23-2013, 12:42 AM
I like FFII a lot, especially since it was the first game to pull off the "dramatic story with a large cast of characters" type thing. The customization system was a lot like Skyrim, in that your skills and proficiencies increase as you take actions. It was very open, and menu-junkies like me go crazy for that kind of thing.

FFIV and XII also borrowed a lot of plot points directly from FFII.