PDA

View Full Version : What!! The car broka down?!

Spooniest
08-23-2013, 05:18 AM
I always read this guy's line in Mario's voice.

In Cosmo Canyon, after the buggy malfunctions, you have the option of talking to the Village People-ish guy, and he'll offer to fix the buggy.

If you don't, the buggy gets fixed anyhow...

"Do you think this scene should have been cut?"

Skyblade
08-23-2013, 05:31 AM
I believe you miss out on the mention of the hidden item in the inn (which is an Elixir), if you don't talk to him. Although the item itself is still there.

The bigger question is, why do you let the car break down? You have to drive past a new town for that to happen. Who does that? Plus, you miss a Fort Condor battle.

Spooniest
08-23-2013, 05:41 AM
It seems it's been too long since I played it...it's one of those games I ran into the ground a long time ago. I don't know if I'll ever play it again.

So he tells you where an Elixir is, then...it still seems kind of unnecessary, but I suppose it is a nice little touch.

Mercen-X
08-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Plus, you miss a Fort Condor battle.
??

Skyblade
08-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Plus, you miss a Fort Condor battle.
??

Battles at Fort Condor take place throughout the story. There are far more than just the first and last one, and each will net you an item for winning (and some pretty rare items if you take part in all the battles).

One of them takes place during the events of Cosmo Canyon, before you enter the Cave of the Gi. If the buggy breaks down, you can't get back to Fort Condor (since you can't cross the river), so you can't take part.

Mercen-X
08-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Hooooooooh! okay