PDA

View Full Version : Road Trippin!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-24-2013, 03:04 PM
I am currently in the middle of a road trip across the US. Going from San Diego, CA to North Carolina. Somewhere in Texas right now.

Do you like road trips? Tell me the best and worst things about them.
My favorite drive is down the 101 from Washington to SoCal.

noxious.sunshine
08-24-2013, 07:20 PM
I love road trips.

The drive to Phoenix is super fun. .... Minus going over the mountains.

I drove to San Diego once from Phoenix. Omg. I took the 10 to get there and 8 to get back. Theres a very large gap between gas stations.

Shorty
08-24-2013, 08:32 PM
My favorite drive is down the 101 from Washington to SoCal.

I loooove this drive. I've taken the PCH from San Diego to San Francisco and at another time drove from the Redwood National Forest up the 101 to Astoria and then Seattle. Undoubtedly my favorite drive ever. I love the winding cliffs around Big Sur, even though it makes it kindof sucky to drive.

I take road trips several times a year. :love: I always loved driving to Vegas because you can see the glow of the city dozens and dozens of miles away in the middle of the night with all the stars everywhere. It's magical.

One day I will take a trip across the states to the east coast!

Pike
08-24-2013, 09:51 PM
My favorite drive is Washington State Route 20 up through Whidbey Island, across Deception Pass and then on into Burlington and Sedro. It's super gorgeous.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Washington_Highway_20_North_Cascades.jpg

For a while as part of my commute when I lived in WA I did this drive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5q1EX3R74E) every day and it was almost worth the gas money.

Spuuky
08-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey now, don't deny Sedro-Woolley the more glorious half of its name.

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2013, 01:34 AM
I love road trips and I tend to drive rather than fly most of the time that I travel. I like to plan backroads routes and find random places to see and stop for food but with my last few trips between here and there time has been a major factor so I've been trapped on interstates.

That being said, I recently drove to and from Merritt Island, FL and I always make it a point to drive through Jacksonville instead of around. I like going over the water and seeing the city. You can still see some nice things on the interstate. I want to plan a roadtrip again.

I hope you like North Carolina! It's a really bad time to be here, politically, but I do really love it. If you have time to stop in the mountains let me know and I can give you some good things to do and see. Also, if you want a proper welcome with one of the best views you'll see ever, add 200 miles to your trip and come into NC from Knoxville via future I-26. Cause it's pretty.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-25-2013, 07:15 PM
This road trip has opened my eyes. I love the South. This place is amazing. Everyone is nice. Everyone drives well. The scenery is beautiful. I love the accents on the girls. Not so much on the guys. But I fell in love with a girl named Cassidy who works at a Hardee's in Louisiana.

I might move here after he military.

noxious.sunshine
08-29-2013, 05:12 PM
I literally just choked on my water.

You clearly haven't driven through Nashville, my friend.

Especially coming from Clarksville to wherever on 24 East. *dies* There's almost -always- an accident, or construction, and people driving like idiots.

Also, foa is right! The drive through Knoxville up to NC -is- really pretty. ^_^ You go kinda through the uber touristy Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area (don't you? It's been years since I've made that trip).

@foa: really? There's gonna be a 26? Lord.

Oh, and my parents -love- Washington state! They used to go to Port Hadlock (whatever base is up there) a lot and eat Port Hadlock oysters and sit on the beach with the dogs and whatnot.