PDA

View Full Version : The Cornetto Trilogy

Scotty_ffgamer
08-24-2013, 08:00 PM
I just saw The World's End yesterday, and it was fantastic. I had never seen any of Edgar Wright's films beforehand, and I really didn't know what to expect. My only real knowledge of Simon Pegg came from Spaced (which I love). Anyways, I decided to watch Shaun of the Dead last night, and I will be watching Hot Fuzz hopefully soon. So far, The World's End is my favorite.

Anyways, who else is a fan of any of these films? How do they rank for you?

Shauna
08-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz I found to be way better than The World's End, but it was still a massively enjoyable movie. :)

Scotty_ffgamer
08-24-2013, 09:18 PM
I can see why people would like at least Shaun of the Dead better than The World's End. Since I saw the latter first, that's probably why it might end up being my favorite. The World's End seems to be a bit different from the others

Crop
08-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Hot Fuzz is my favourite, followed by Shaun of the Dead. I went to see The World's End in cinemas, and was super excited for it, but after a slightly decent start I was pretty disappointed.
Easily the weakest of the three, don't think I'd watch it again.

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2013, 02:57 AM
I'm hopefully going to see The World's End this upcoming weekend and I am super excite. I really like the trilogy because so far we've seen life from the perspective of the loser/wasted potential who becomes a hero, from the perspective if a hardworking, talented but maligned person who becomes a hero. Now I want to see a bunch of drunk English who become heroes.

Scotty_ffgamer
08-25-2013, 06:18 AM
I do feel like the beginning was the strongest part of the film. I can see why people would be disappointed with the latter half, but I still really enjoyed it.

Spuuky
08-25-2013, 06:25 AM
I thought this movie was actually better than the other two. But my wife doesn't agree.

Calliope
08-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Hot Fuzz is my favourite. I think I was only disappointed in the third film because I kept waiting for the lads to hit up a dairy for a Cornetto and some smokes and then it didn't happen :(