PDA

View Full Version : The Game's Greatest Dilemma

Formalhaut
08-25-2013, 12:39 AM

Take the treasure, or to not take the treasure?

As you can see, I was with Jason as he was making his decision. He is attempting a perfect game, so technically, he 'should' take the treasure. But I was little angel on his shoulder telling him to protect the birds.

Mercifully, he chose not to. You can see me trying to coax him into saving them through the chat log. It was a pretty tense moment.

But what did you guys choose? Were you merciful, or a heartless bastard?

theundeadhero
08-25-2013, 01:38 AM
I"m a heartless bastard.
My momma isn't proud.

Spooniest
08-25-2013, 03:01 AM
It was a very long time before I even knew this was there.

I never take the treasure; I like animals.

Mo-Nercy
08-25-2013, 03:47 AM
Isn't it just like 5 Phoenix Downs?
I never took the treasure. It wins you lady points for the Gold Saucer date, I believe.

Skyblade
08-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Isn't it just like 5 Phoenix Downs?
I never took the treasure. It wins you lady points for the Gold Saucer date, I believe.

I don't remember, it might be five Ethers. But it's a pretty junk reward. Main thing is to score date points. Yuffie actually likes it if you take the treasure with her in your party.

I never take it. I get credit for finding it, and the date points, and that satisfied even my perfectionism.

Shauna
08-25-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't even know what this is. Oh well, my cares are pretty low. xD

Jinx
08-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Which date are you guys going for that you're concerned about the points? Tifa?

Mo-Nercy
08-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Stealing the Phoenix Downs from the Cokatolis nest does nothing to alter
Affection values. Neither does finding it but leaving it alone, for that
matter. And no, it doesn't even matter who is in your party at the time.
Another wasted opportunity, in my opinion.
My mistake. I guess there's no good reason to leave those Phoenix Downs behind after all.

Heath
08-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Times are tough... I'm taking the treasure

theundeadhero
08-26-2013, 01:36 AM
I think it was the strategy guide that said it was worth date points but that thing is so inaccurate it makes you want to burn something's house down.

Jiro
08-26-2013, 02:49 AM
It's ten phoenix downs and I don't take them any more because I don't need 'em.

Mercen-X
08-26-2013, 03:35 AM
I don't do it for the Phoenix Downs. I de-feather that bird to make my dinner. FYI, I don't attack Snow for the Alexander materia either. I consider it more to be violent sex from which she disappears in shame.

VeloZer0
08-26-2013, 03:16 PM
I think Snow attacks you and then you get the materia.

I always take the Pheonix downs, as by that point the wild Cockatrice population has usually pissed me off. Seriously, that railroad is infested with giant birds that attack people, I am just doing my part to help clean it up.

Mercen-X
08-26-2013, 11:20 PM
I was referring to my motivation as the player, not the character motivation. Either way, Snow is not initially the one who initiates the battle. It's only if you touch the hot springs and then touch her that she gets pissed off.

Sephex
08-27-2013, 03:08 AM
I think it was the strategy guide that said it was worth date points but that thing is so inaccurate it makes you want to burn something's house down.

This is actually true. I read it in the guide.

Mercen-X
08-27-2013, 08:33 AM
I don't remember the strategy guide mentioning anything about date points... of course I've only read the one book.

Skyblade
08-27-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't remember the strategy guide mentioning anything about date points... of course I've only read the one book.

It doesn't, it just says "you'll disappoint your partners".

The guide never directly mentions date points at all, only even mentions getting someone besides Aeris in the date as a footnote.