PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me Gameingblend is an unreliable source of information. :(

NeoCracker
08-26-2013, 04:24 AM
EA Raises Prices Of Next-Gen Games To £54.99 (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Raises-Prices-Next-Gen-Games-54-99-57437.html)

:(

Elite Lord Sigma
08-26-2013, 07:27 AM
A 38% price increase is ridiculous; the US equivalent would be for prices to jump to over $80. If this is true, EA isn't even trying to conceal the fact that they're just shifting costs to the consumer instead of evaluating bad policies by asking questions such as, "Do games really need budgets of several tens of millions of dollars to be good?"

Psychotic
08-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Well I was worried that EA would only get £55 for a new game, which is hardly anything at all, but then I remembered that they would also ensure we could choose to pay an extra £15 for a key story character on release day and that makes me feel more at ease.

Captain Maxx Power
08-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Such practices are necessarily self-limiting. It doesn't matter how popular a series is, if the price becomes untenable for an audience they'll simple stop paying and move on to something else. I think EA is drastically misplacing the loyalty they think their customers have in their brand and it's games. It's a sign of desperation from a company that is probably going to go down the tubes within the next five years.

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2013, 03:58 PM
EA are obviously trying very hard to advertise their Origin service, and I'm sure continuously making PC gaming more and more attractive to consumers is one of their policies in this regard.

Mirage
08-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Even more games to not buy until they get their first price drop.

Spuuky
08-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Even more games to not buy until they get their first price drop.*third

Bolivar
08-26-2013, 06:27 PM
I thought a lot of next gen games have already had their prices locked in for months now?

Mirage
08-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Even more games to not buy until they get their first price drop.*third

Nah. Titles that I would previously get at launch would get bumped down to the first price drop. Other titles would be bumped down to 2nd or 3rd.