PDA

View Full Version : WiiU Pricedrop and HD Windwaker Bundle.

NeoCracker
08-29-2013, 12:04 AM
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle for Nintendo Wii U | GameStop (http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd-wii-u-limited-edition-bundle/111373)

So yeah, on the 20th I'll be getting this. Because I fucking love Zelda, and the game will basically come at no additional cost to the new lower system price drop.

Guess I wait until next month for my Vita. :p

Skyblade
08-29-2013, 12:08 AM
You call yourself an ATLUS fanboy and you don't even have Persona 4 The Golden. Pfeh.:D

NeoCracker
08-29-2013, 12:47 AM
I've known about it for ages, it's just I've played through it like, 3-4 times already, so The Golden was never a system seller for me. Mind you now that I am getting a Vita I'll be picking it up, but yeah. I actually commented quite a lot on the Golden when it first started getting info launched on it.

Don't presume you know me boy! :colbert:

:p

Del Murder
08-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Wind Waker was fun, but not fun enough to play again just for the HD.

NeoCracker
08-29-2013, 12:57 AM
I agree that game on it's own isn't, but considering it's just coming with the system for no cost? And there are games coming to WiiU I really want as well? Seems like an ideal time for me at least to jump on board.

Del Murder
08-29-2013, 03:17 AM
If it was New SMB WiiU then I may be interested. ;)

Jiro
08-30-2013, 03:01 AM
Not for us :(

Flaming Ice
08-30-2013, 03:03 AM
There's a limited edition game with ganondorf statue too.\

They're doing the same thing with wiiu as 3ds at the begining...just rehash old games and tell everyone you have a strong system?

Jiro
08-30-2013, 03:50 AM
The Wind Waker HD is supposed to tide us over until the next Zelda game, so it's more of a bribe than a claim to have a strong console. WiiU definitely needs to start bringing something fresh in terms of IP though; even if they're innovating within each of the staple series, fresh faces go a long way to making a console look good and populated.

When you think of a Nintendo console and the games and can only think of like Mario, Metroid and Zelda, it seems rather sparse even if there are 100 different versions of each.

Polnareff
08-30-2013, 05:27 AM
Nice that it finally dropped, but there's still nothing that warrants me getting one yet. :|

Flaming Ice hit the nail on the head. Rehash, rehash, and rehash some more. When that fails, let companies release shovelware by the ton on your platform. Rinse and repeat. I dare to say the only system Ninty hadn't really done this with in the past 10 years was MAYBE the original DS, and even it had rehashes of stuff that was easily found for other Nintendo systems.

Smash Bros. may change my mind, but Sakurai was talking about severely downscaling it, so I may have to pass on it if that happens.

Skyblade
08-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Nice that it finally dropped, but there's still nothing that warrants me getting one yet. :|

Flaming Ice hit the nail on the head. Rehash, rehash, and rehash some more. When that fails, let companies release shovelware by the ton on your platform. Rinse and repeat. I dare to say the only system Ninty hadn't really done this with in the past 10 years was MAYBE the original DS, and even it had rehashes of stuff that was easily found for other Nintendo systems.

Smash Bros. may change my mind, but Sakurai was talking about severely downscaling it, so I may have to pass on it if that happens.

If you're counting every system that has a rehash, regardless of the rest of the content it contains, then you should be complaining about every system out there.

The DS had a wealth of excellent new games. Nowhere near as many as the GBA, sure, but still plenty that stood on its own merit.

As for myself, I'll be getting a WiiU to play Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, so I'll be thinking about this pack.

Flaming Ice
08-30-2013, 01:34 PM

Even part of it is that they depended on the online sales of older games too. They thought that would carry them through 2011 when there were only a couple games out there worth getting

Flaming Ice
08-30-2013, 01:38 PM
If you're counting every system that has a rehash, regardless of the rest of the content it contains, then you should be complaining about every system out there.

The DS had a wealth of excellent new games. Nowhere near as many as the GBA, sure, but still plenty that stood on its own merit.

As for myself, I'll be getting a WiiU to play Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, so I'll be thinking about this pack.

But part of the problem is that this is a new system and right now people want new games. Even with the 3Ds they had few new games and none worth buying the console for.

There was no point getting the system just for ocarina and star fox. It's not just about the rehashed games as some are fine but really why bother buying the console for games you already have?...saves you money.

Besides, is there any promise SMT x fire emblem will be released here?

Bolivar
08-30-2013, 02:08 PM

I gotta point out that nearly every Sony studio made a new IP this generation. Third parties always innovate on Nintendo platforms but that's true on every system. Nintendo need to let their own studios off the leash a little more.

Freya
08-30-2013, 03:08 PM
I NEED THIS. SOMEONE BUY ME THIS.

Polnareff
08-30-2013, 04:10 PM

Nintendo does have kind of a habit of doing this, though. I mean, look at all the New SMB games. It's pretty much the same game each time but with one minor twist. Zelda kind of fell into this trap, but not as much as Mario. Ironically, Pokemon USED to fall into this trap, but stopped starting with X & Y.

Sony and MS are really the ones getting all the new IPs now, and that sucks. Literally 95% of games on the Wii U are ports from other systems, or rehashes of games for the Wii and before (in Nintendo's case). That's just sad to me.

3DS at least gets games like Kid Icarus: Uprising every once in a while. But they need to realize that the Wii U isn't selling because of a lack of compelling games being released for it. I feel bad for anybody who dropped 400 big ones on it just to get Nintendo Land, for example.

Vyk
08-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Sad fact for me is that rehashes work for me. There's a lot of games I missed, and even though I own a Wii, there's still a lot of catching up I need to do on that console. So as long as they don't ruin backwards compatibility like they did with the original Wii, I'm sorely tempted to finally dive into this one. It'll especially be nice to finally play Wii (and WiiU) games in HD..