PDA

View Full Version : BEER PONG! (And other drinking games)

noxious.sunshine
08-29-2013, 04:52 PM
the Bf's friends/soldiers/neighbors/whatevery has a beer pong table. They're lugging it over later.

But. What's the point of being -good- at beer pong? You just play for hours on end and then you're still sober! .... Unless you're drinking on the side, that is.

I suck majorly at beer pong, and I'm quite proud of this. I've also only played for the first time within this last year. And I'm still struggling to see the fun in a bunch of post-college age people that're almost 30 playing it, but what the hell.

Waterfalls (the card game) is also fun and it's good for getting drunk quick.

Name some other ones. And stuff.

Shorty
08-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Oh my god, King's Cup will kill me. I get absolutely shmammered. The first time I played was with long island iced teas. God help me, somehow I didn't die that night.

At work events at my last job, Flip Cup was a huge hit. We'd get 30-50 people in two long lines on either side of a long table. The first people of each line will chug their drinks then try to flip their cup to land perfectly upside down on the table, then it goes down the line to the next person. Obviously, the first line to get to the end wins.

I'm no good at beer pong, either, but I can flip my cup upside down like a champ.

noxious.sunshine
08-29-2013, 05:45 PM
I have never attempted to play Flip Cup ....

I think I tried Quarters when I was younger. Just goofing off with my brother (he wouldn't let me actually drink of course).

Shorty
08-29-2013, 05:46 PM
I am also terrible at quarters. I'm terrible at trying to get things into the cups.

noxious.sunshine
08-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Yes, beer pong.. I shoot so way off-center I have to stand way over to the right of the table if I want the ball to get even remotely centered of the cups, but even then, there's like a 1 in 50 shot I'll make it.

We played for like 13 hours straight one time in Texas (no joke, we went through like 4 30 packs or more) and in the 5 games I played, I think I got total of 6 shots. XD

Denmark
08-29-2013, 06:36 PM
just gonna make my statement once about the naming of certain drinking games, and how what most people call "beer pong" should actually be referred to as "Beirut", and that real beer pong is played with paddles. source: i'm a lehigh university alumnus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_pong#Origin_and_name)

obviously names are local things and i'll know what you're talking about when you say "beer pong" and not be an ass about it

anyway

i like games where you drink alcohol

edit: quarters is best, if you have a good table (or one that you're used to. one time i played on a plastic table and was used to playing on wood and i got destroyed)
beirut is next, though i have lost a LOT of my touch that i used to have when i played all the time (like, between classes junior year of college)
i really don't much care for flip cup. kings is okay but i don't get terribly drunk off of it.

basically i like games where there's some skill and competition (and thus trash talk)

Araciel
08-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Drinking.

And I always win.

Jiro
08-31-2013, 02:09 AM
I do love me some beer pong but it's not nearly as big a thing here

Parker
08-31-2013, 10:01 AM
only ever really played ring of fire, which is pretty big here.

i never really bothered with drinking games aside from "how much alcohol can you fit in your body"

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2013, 11:44 PM
Beer pong is the best drinking game. The best.

Being good means you get to run the table the whole night, everyone else has to set up and get the beer, and people bring you side beers. Beer pong is also one of the only games played at actual parties here, so it's that or just drink casually.

Any other drinking game is for a smaller crowd in my opinion.

Formalhaut
09-01-2013, 12:03 AM
What is beer pong?

comma
09-01-2013, 02:30 AM
Slap cup is the only fun drinking game. The rest are time wasters.

Shauna
09-01-2013, 10:23 AM
only ever really played ring of fire, which is pretty big here.

i never really bothered with drinking games aside from "how much alcohol can you fit in your body"

Yeah, pretty much. Ring of Fire is a painful game. xD Only other one I've really played is Never Have I Ever, in which I don't drink because I don't do things - but regardless, nothing goes better with alcohol than revealing embarrassing stories.

Gzussaves
09-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Drinking games while watching movies.. normal and hard modes.. basically find movies and make up rules like The Big Lebowski, drink every time the word dude is said

noxious.sunshine
09-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh dear, sweet Formaldyhyde.

Your innocence is so precious.

Hide your eyes. Read no more.

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2013, 07:02 AM
I ended up extremely naked with a cyclist from Salisbury, a hairy Texan, an insane Spaniard and two completely oblivious Chinese guys whilst the girls on the other side of the table were completely clothed because of flip cup.

I do not like that game. :colbert:

*sigh*, Monkey Jane's is a great night out. :blush:

Jamesfredette
09-02-2013, 07:51 AM
I thing it is a game in which balls have to be thrown from a distance into the beer cups and all the while drinking beer which makes it even more exciting.

Vasher
09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Generally, the only time my friends and I play drinking games (now that we're "old")) is when we take our annual guys camping trip. However, after putting them down (Gulden Draak quad is awesome) at the Yard House (~250 different brews on tap), we went to a small college bar that had beer pong tables set up. Guys vs girls... And the girls handed us our asses. One of my friends was a severe handy cap, he couldn't play flip cup to save his life.

All time greats;
Beer Pong (we called it "Bomb Beirut" back in the day)
Flip Cup
Baseball

Get drunk quick card games;
Up and Down the River
Bulltrout Pyramid
Asshole (we play this when the girls go camping with us)

In response to the above, it's exciting because my balls always end up in the cups. :)

Shauna
09-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Oh dear, sweet Formaldyhyde.

Your innocence is so precious.

Hide your eyes. Read no more.

He will learn soon. Starting university is a dangerous thing.

Mo-Nercy
09-09-2013, 09:21 AM
A game my circle of friends knows only as Spoons is my favourite game.

In the middle of a table sits x amount of spoons (x = number of people playing - 1). y amount of four-of-a-kinds are taken out of a deck of cards (y = number of people playing) and shuffled. Everyone gets dealt four cards and to the tune of a 1-2-3 count, passes one card to the person to their left. Once a person gets four-of-a-kind, they grab a spoon and everyone else, regardless of what cards they hold in their hand, also goes for a spoon. The person left without a spoon drinks.

I've never tried beer pong, if I'm honest.