PDA

View Full Version : Lasagna (Lasagne?)

noxious.sunshine
08-30-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm debating on whether or not I should undertake the making of my fabulous Lasagna.

It costs around $40 to make, but it weighs at least 10 lbs by the time it's put together and lasts for about a week. Maybe. Depending on how much the bf eats....

3 lbs of mixed ground meats - ground beef, italian sausage (spicy), and ground turkey
around 2 or 3 lbs of cheese - a mix of ricotta and mozzarella mixed with a beaten egg
another 3 lbs of homemade sun-dried tomato marinara
a total of about 2 or 3 lbs of veggies - onion, spinach, garlic, mushrooms, maybe carrot
and 1 lb of lasagna noodles.

How do you make this delicious dish?

Shorty
08-30-2013, 07:47 PM
I buy the Stouffer's frozen family size for like $15.00.

We used to make it homemade when I was a kid but we got lazy.

Slothy
08-30-2013, 07:53 PM
I don't make it because I don't really like Lasagna. The whole pasta to the stuff I actually like ratio tends to be way off for me.

Flaming Ice
08-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Gets a bit greasy from the meat sometimes (if you pack it full like my mom does)

I don't make it because I don't really like Lasagna. The whole pasta to the stuff I actually like ratio tends to be way off for me.

Just make it with sliced eggplant/zucchini in between instead...I'd rather not have all that wheat either

Jinx
08-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Noxy, come make me meatloaf, nix the onion and instead of ground turkey just more sausage.

noxious.sunshine
08-31-2013, 07:46 AM
Jinksy.

We most def should have a potluck. I imagine it would be tremendous fun.

Also, there's a lot more meat/veggie/sauce/cheese than noodles. That's just a rough estimate. I know a regular box of lasagna noodles is 1 lb, but I probably only use 3/4 of it. And of course they're whole wheat.

And I try getting in as much veggies as I can get away with to kind of offset the cheese, meat & noodles. I usually add fresh spinach to the marinara, but I'm by no means above blending carrots & broccoli into a fine paste just to see the results.

Also. I've only attempted to make meatloaf like 2 times in my life. Turned out really great, actually....OMG Meatloaf. Slice that junk up and grill it (or heat it up in a pan) with brown gravy and make a sammich.

What you need, my dear, is my mom's fudge. I kid you not. My mother is known on several army bases as "The Fudge Lady". Her recipe is diabetic conscious/friendly (my dad has Type 2 diabetes) - it's completely sugar & marshmallow cream free. The only sugar in it is what's in the chocolate she uses. It's very yummy.