PDA

View Full Version : Twitter baffles me

Spooniest
08-31-2013, 10:18 AM
I don't understand it at all.

It's like a Gordian Knot wrapped in an enigma encased in Time Compression to me.

Will someone please explain this shit to me?

Telling me to Google it gets you an Omnislash.

blackmage_nuke
08-31-2013, 10:24 AM
It's tumblr without images or video or walls of text.
It's the youtube comments section without the youtube video.
(I dont get it either)

Spooniest
08-31-2013, 10:25 AM
What's tumblr?

kotora
08-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Twitter can be either a very useful tool to get updated with the right information in realtime, or it can be a total waste of time and fill your head with stupid things. It all comes down to how you use it and who you follow.

I Took the Red Pill
08-31-2013, 10:50 AM
I don't use or follow Twitter regularly, but I like to check out @SeinfeldToday sometimes. It's some random person(s) coming up with Seinfeld scenarios relevant to modern times. I love it.

George thinks his GF is faking a gluten-intolerance, feeds her real cookies, sending her to the ER. Autocorrect ruins Jerry's relationship

Kramer becomes the new voice for MTA. George’s boss catches him skipping work on Google Streetview. Jerry buys GF an Iphone4.

When George’s gf goes out of town he can’t help finishing the TV show they’re marathoning together, then badly pretends not to have seen it

Agent Proto
08-31-2013, 12:55 PM
It all depends on who or what you follow . It can be useful or a waste of time.

noxious.sunshine
08-31-2013, 01:43 PM
@TheTweetOfGod

is amazing.

along with @Coolassmarvin

just . go. read. follow.

maybee
09-01-2013, 04:13 AM
What's tumblr?

It doesn't exist. No such thing. Noooooooooope.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lod6n1Vz4S1qgwina.gif

Denmark
09-01-2013, 04:21 AM
i use twitter as a means of keeping in touch with friends who also use twitter

you know, like a social network

TrollHunter
09-01-2013, 04:21 AM
What's tumblr?

It doesn't exist. No such thing. Noooooooooope.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lod6n1Vz4S1qgwina.gif

Hey, tumblr is awesome. :|

I used to scoff at twitter myself, but I got into it with the sole intent of getting updates and info on people I like. Be it people on twitch, youtube, musicians, scientists, whatever.
I find my twitter to be quite amusing and extremely useful.

maybee
09-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Hey, tumblr is awesome. :|

I like Tumblr too but nobody is finding my personal blog so therefore imo Tumblr is best as that blogging site that not too many people know about . :erm:

Pike
09-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Well I dunno about you guys but Twitter is my main venue for announcing my new written works and keeping up with fans and such :p It also also doubles as a sort of chatroom where I can talk to all sorts of friends that I have known for years.

Shiny
09-03-2013, 11:07 AM
It confuses me too. I just started using it, but before that I'd occasionally read tweets from @Asshole_Baby and others.

yukina
09-03-2013, 02:48 PM
I didn't get it at first and left my Twitter account hanging for years before I got back to it. My friends and I use it as a sort of chatroom now and it's very nifty for those flash reports and other news. :)

Rantz
09-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Confusion about twitter never gets old, and in fact means that you're an excellent stand-up person who's just too clever for these newfangled trends. :roll2

Calliope
09-04-2013, 01:54 AM
I like twitter. The only thing I don't understand about twitter is seeing people beg celebrities for a "retweet" on their birthday or whatever; not even an actual response, just a RT of their question.

Sephex
09-04-2013, 02:47 AM
I really keep on making on because I know I can utilize it in a way where it won't be garbage feed for me, but I just keep on getting lazy.

Rebellious Eagle
09-04-2013, 03:12 AM
Twitter is what you make of it. It can be like a diary of your thoughts throughout the day, used to announce your latest writings/songs/videos/whatever, or just a way to keep up with what your friends are up to. I hated it at first but now I like it x)