PDA

View Full Version : TATTOOS!!

noxious.sunshine
09-01-2013, 04:36 AM
I got my "P" re-done finally.

After my stupid ass boyfriend said that he accidentally used old ink on me when he did it the the 1st time and the 2nd time.

I made him get off his ass and open a new bottle of black ink and re-do it again - it looks infinitely better now, although it got blown out during the process this time. He had to use white ink and do highlights to cover up the blown out parts - and he thinned out the P exactly perfect (how I wanted it to begin with).

He's working on the Jecht symbol right now on practice skin to make sure he can do it, but we're doing that tattoo next - like right now while we both have momentum.

Why Jecht? Jecht was a bad ass mofo, #1 . and #2, my name is Jamie, so J. It fits.
I'm still debating on what part of my ankles/legs/feet I want it on so if anyone responds in the next like 30 minutes, give me suggestions. I'm kinda leaning towards my inner ankle on my right foot/leg (My P is on the outer left ankle, but closer to my foot. I'll post a pic later 'cuz it's kind of hard to explain where it is exactly).

SO. What tattoos do you guys have and where are they????

Also, sometime in the future, when I lose weight and can maintain it, I want Tonberry King on my right side - about from my rib cage down to my waist-ish area.

Spooniest
09-01-2013, 09:28 AM
I don't have any ink...I've never even thought about it. I've never had any money, and I'd never dream of asking such fine artists to work for free or for trade.

What I do have is...

A birthmark of the number 2 on my left bicep. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rV40ypje7o)

Is this freaking you out? Cuz it's kinda freaking me out.

But I have nothing against getting a tattoo, if I ever have the money to properly compensate the artist.

Night Fury
09-01-2013, 11:47 AM
I have three tattoos. My feathers behind my right ear, my elephant and lotus on my right thigh, and my dragon on my left hip.

I want another one soonish - before Christmas for sure. I want some kind of Mandala style pattern around my left wrist.

Cuchulainn
09-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Look *points*. Another tattoo thread.

I've a tattoo, saying the word 'penis', up the length of my penis.

noxious.sunshine
09-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Is there already a tattoo thread?

Damn.

My bf has been doing tattoos for like 3 years and was licensed in New York. He's by no means like anything on "Ink Master" or whatever. But he actually handed me his tattoo gun and a couple of practice skins and said "Here. Get good at making a straight line, then I'll teach you more."

I traced over a couple of outlines he'd done on one of them. It was quite fun.

Slothy
09-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Most threads that pop up in General Chat have probably come up at one time or another in the past, but since the last tattoo thread is older than noxy's time here and would instantly get closed if she revived it, she's perfectly fine making a new one.

If you'd like to contribute something to it then feel free. If you're just going to use it as an opportunity to be a smarmy asshole because you've been here longer than someone else then feel free to move along.

Shorty
09-02-2013, 12:21 AM
I'll dig up photos of my tattoos when I am able to.

I have a rockinghorsefly on my left foot and an octopus, a squid, and "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" on my left arm.

I need to get my squid filled in more and my octopus fixed up before I start on my mermaid.

Slothy
09-02-2013, 12:37 AM
My forearm tattoo is already posted here: http://home.eyesonff.com/relms-studio/148061-vivi22s-miscellaneous-artsy-crap-2.html

Also have this in the middle of my upper back: Kingdom Come Superman Logo by *MachSabre on deviantART (http://machsabre.deviantart.com/art/Kingdom-Come-Superman-Logo-277895145)

And this in black on my right calf: File:Hands of God orange.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hands_of_God_orange.PNG)

I really want to finish the rest of my forearm now. Screw skin. Who needs it?

Araciel
09-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Look *points*. Another tattoo thread.

I've a tattoo, saying the word 'penis', up the length of my penis.

Is that so the wee girls won't be confused when you show it to 'em?

Inferno
09-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Not enough pics here ! (I'll post mine later). I have :

- a dragon on my right side, that goes from the hip to the armpit
- a recreation of Gabriel the archangel (my grandfather's name) with a scythe in his hands, after his fight against the grim reaper. On my left arm from the elbow up to the shoulder
- on my right forearm, a los muertos girl with headphones on, surrounded by paint splashes and lyrics

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2013, 07:13 PM
I have a fully coloured, full scale tattoo of my entire body over my body.

noxious.sunshine
09-02-2013, 07:19 PM

That. Is what I want.

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Tonberry's have fish tails?!

noxious.sunshine
09-03-2013, 12:19 AM
yes.

Spooniest
09-03-2013, 12:26 AM

That one and only that one. On my forehead.

Jessweeee♪
09-03-2013, 05:47 AM
No tattoos. I'm toying with designs of a great-tailed grackle. They're fucking everywhere in my town during the cooler months. Once I was standing at the end of an empty parking lot at like five in the morning with a friend, and I yelled her name like way loud and suddenly the parking lot became a shade lighter and this big black cloud of bird flies away from us. I like the idea of it because nobody in my home town is born here. Just like the birds they come here because we don't have winter. Some of them are just winter Texans (or Snowbirds as the Floridians call them) and some of them are here because they're navy or family of navy. My family moved here because my grandmother became ill and needed to be somewhere warmer than the midwest. Also they're kind of ratty looking and I like that.

And I don't have to explain the symbolism because it'll look like just another bird tattoo and no one will bother asking what it means. Not that I wouldn't want to ever, but working in a retail environment I'd have to like eight times a day.

Shorty
09-03-2013, 06:00 AM
Almost nothing has changed since my post in the last tattoos thread except my squid is colored in a bit.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/rockinghorsefly.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/WP_000110.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/400339_3338106897265_123557205_n.jpg
(suckers have since been colored in)

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/one_zps15292293.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/two_zps75666f01.jpg

Someday my underwater sleeve will be finished :(

noxious.sunshine
09-03-2013, 06:17 AM
"It's a rocking horsefly!"

Loooooove Alice in Wonderland.

Shorty
09-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Yes yes yes! :love: I thought about getting bread-and-butterflies on my other foot, but I'm saving it for an assortment of a toadstool with the Hatter's 10/6 hat and a watch sitting on it and a teapot and teacup on the ground, I think. It is going to hurt like a biiiiiitch, though.

And I have a good portion of my right leg laid out for Alice falling down the rabbit hole with furniture floating around her, a bucket of red paint spraying and swirling all down my leg, half-painted roses dripping with red paint and a pack of cards falling down every which way.

noxious.sunshine
09-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Oooooooooh! Those sound like awesome tattoo ideas! <3!

But. What about the caterpillar?

Ha-aaaaaaayyy-I-O-U-YYYYYYYYYYYY .

Or you could get one of the little oysters! ^_^ Or the owl! With the accordion neck! XD Or the flowers.... That baby white rose. omg so cute.

Shorty
09-03-2013, 06:36 AM
I am not getting a tattoo of oysters xD No, the caterpillar probably won't find a place on me. I have wanted the famous Tenniel illustration of Alice looking up at the cat in the tree on my back for a few years now, but I've been kindof re-thinking it lately.

noxious.sunshine
09-03-2013, 06:41 AM
The Tennial illustrations are so beyond epic. I used to have a hardcover copy of the book with those in color on glossy pages. It was my mom's and then she passed it down to me.

lulz I forgot about the Cheshire Cat for some reason. *dies*

Get a momerath.

Spooniest
09-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy were the borogroves
And the mome raths outgrabe (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33809435/Frabjous.wav)

(Spell checker's having an apoplectic...)

LocoColt04
09-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Well I guess this isn't entirely new to a few of you, but here's my only ink thus far:

The right arm will mirror the design with three Kirby sprites. I have the three picked out, but now I need to finalize it by selecting which poses for each of them. I've got to absolutely love it for six months without hesitation before I can justify putting it on my body. My problem is that I love all Kirby things, and so I want to do way too much with too little space. I thought about doing a Kirby collage instead of sprites, but the OCD would drive me up a wall if my arms didn't match. There's plenty of other canvas, though.

Night Fury
09-03-2013, 09:20 AM
I think I'd quite like something like this - a semi-circle of mandala curling around my wrist, with the flat side against my palm. It would look really nice I think. Intricate and feminine.

Quindiana Jones
09-03-2013, 01:19 PM
I think you should get a Mandela around your wrist.

Jinx
09-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I have four tattoos, but this is by far my favourite:

My next tattoo will be my Slytherin crest on my right hip. I want to get it in the Pottermore style, and it looks like this:

I've also toyed around with the idea of getting "matching" tattoos on my wrist: the White Tree of Gondor on one, and the Evenstar on the other. I'll probably end up getting a leaf of Lorien on my right shoulder, though.