PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty No. 9 - A Kickstarter for a spiritual successor to Megaman by it's creator

NeoCracker
09-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Mighty No. 9 by comcept USA, LLC ? Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9)

...This may be the first time I will ever have put money down on a kickstarter. (It'll probably just be the 20$ so I get a digital copy of the game. :p)

But yeah, with no Megaman in site from Capcom, this may be the closest we ever get.

Also, over a third of the way their in a freakin' day.

Pike
09-01-2013, 09:19 AM
OMG it's like another Mega Man 2.

This gon' be good.

NeoCracker
09-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Still 30 Days left, and and at 630K.

...I think this is happening guys.

Del Murder
09-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Should be fun. Would have liked to see some in-game footage though.

NeoCracker
09-03-2013, 01:59 AM
And they are already almost to their first stretch goal.

...Fuck yes.

VeloZer0
09-03-2013, 02:35 AM
I'm trying to get excited about this, but the problem is I am so damn picky. I love the MMX games to death, but I just can't get into it without the dashing and wall jumping.

Sephex
09-03-2013, 03:26 AM
Nice to see so many of the people who brought the magic of early Mega Man games gather on one project again. I am excited for this title. I could never hope to afford the maximum donation benefit, (dinner with Keiji Inafune) but that's probably for the best since all I would talk about is how much I love Mega Man 2, which is also his favorite one, according to an interview with him that I read in a gaming mag awhile back.

Bolivar
09-03-2013, 03:50 AM
I'm pretty happy about this, I was actually just playing Mega Man X in on the way to work a week or two back. I hope it'll land on as many platforms as possible, I think it would be great on 3DS and Vita.

Ultima Shadow
09-03-2013, 09:24 PM
But yeah, with no Megaman in site from Capcom, this may be the closest we ever get.
Touhou fandom - been there, done that.

May I introduce Megamari to those hardcore megaman players who would like to take on a game with similar playstyle, but a crapload more of unforgiving bs? You know... just while waiting for Mighty No. 9 to come out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQPjv0i0iV8)

Back on topic, I'm pretty interested in this game. I like how they are doing the whole donation thing, though I'd never donate any of those ridiculous amounts personally.:greenie:

NeoCracker
09-26-2013, 10:11 AM
And we are over the 2.55 mark.

I donated 40 so I'll be getting a digital Artbook and Soundtrack myself. :p

Polnareff
09-27-2013, 11:40 PM
I'll put this here, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but it has to be said that Inafune is part of the reason Mega Man died in the first place. He ran it into the ground with over 150 games, then went off and destroyed other Capcom franchises like Lost Planet, Onimusha, Final Fight, and countless others. He is the main reason why Mega Man failed to sell in the past 10 years, and nobody realizes this except for me and another Capcom historian that I know.

Then when called out on his wrong assumption that Americans want outsourced games that are more Western (he's said that repeatedly over the years) he gets ONE lucky shot out of many failed attempts, with Dead Rising 2. Then gloats about it and leaves the company. He won't admit that Capcom was originally on the right track though before he got a West fetish, and he has now gone back to making more Japanese games.

Another sad thing is, Inafune didn't even create Mega Man (it's a common misconception that he did) but he is still managing to rip it off just fine, right down to the soundtrack.

So if you support this Mighty No. 9, just be extra careful and think about who you're supporting here. All the evidence of what I just said is online for anybody to look at it.

Bolivar
09-28-2013, 05:02 AM
I did read a while back where he clarified he wasn't the original creator of mega man, it's kind of a marketing thing. And he was pissing me off for a while where he was constantly talking about how "done" Japan is and singing praises of Western game design. It trivialized the interesting things a lot of Japanese devs were doing, while glorifying the West, which wasn't really doing a whole lot for a lot of us at the time, and hardly innovating at all. If anything, they were discarding deep mechanics and turning their RPGs into shooters and hack-n-slash. That isn't praise worthy.

I am a little intrigued because I'm really just getting a Mega Man 1 vibe from it and I could see it being a pretty damn fun game.

Polnareff
09-29-2013, 12:52 AM
Yeah, much as I hate to say it, most of Capcom's troubles in the past 4 years were his fault. People didn't look at the big picture. I mean, without his reverse Midas bullshit, we'd never have gotten so much crappy outsourced stuff.

Because of him, and the way Marvel licenses stuff, we almost didn't get Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

He denied the request to start development on Darkstalkers 4. Yoshinori Ono is STILL trying to push to get the game made to this day.

He made Final Fight: Seven Sons get turned into Final Fight: Streetwise instead.

He killed Lost Planet by jettisoning the original team that made it, and hiring a relatively green Western team to make it.

He killed Breath of Fire and any other RPG Capcom wanted to continue by proxy (though I kinda don't blame him on this).

And Inafune's over-insistence on outsourcing everything didn't help matters. I can understand outsourcing Street Fighter to Dimps, because Dimps is made up of a bunch of former Capcom and SNK employees. They were gonna get it right. But outsourcing a classic like Bionic Commando to some greenhorns? C'mon now.

Bolivar
10-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Kick starter just about done and a lot of stretch goals have been hit. I really wanted to play this game on 3ds and it looks like that's a go.

They even made a brief concept video showing what to expect.

Mighty No. 9 from Mega Man creator coming to - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com (http://www.shacknews.com/article/81389/mighty-no-9-from-mega-man-creator-coming-to-nearly?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

comma
10-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Fund! Fund! There's still time to reach the last stretch goal(s).

comma
10-02-2013, 02:04 PM
So this reached all of its proposed goals. Over $4 million raised. I guess my post really helped.

Bolivar
10-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Way to go comma!