PDA

View Full Version : Clothes!

noxious.sunshine
09-04-2013, 04:43 AM
Have I made this thread already? I can't remember... 'cuz I was probably drunk when I made it. Feel free to close this or merge it with the other.

What's your style?

I'm either really basic or really girly. When I'm smaller, my favorite jeans from Buckle that are massively ripped up and a Long & Lean tank from Target with a pair of flip flops is my go-to outfit ... If I'm-really- skinny (which I haven't been for awhile now), jeans and a tube top. And my studded belt. For basic.

When I get girly - which again - happens when I'm smaller, I have this killer dress from Express I bought a few years ago that I wear with a pair of leather turquoise wedge heels that have wooden bottoms from Target that I love a lot or a pair of silver gladiator sandals also bought from there. And I have a couple of strapless "baby doll" ish dresses that I wear when I'm tan. I also love denim mini skirts, though I don't wear them right now. I have pretty damn good legs, but no ass and I think I have a cellulite problem now. *dies*

During the winter, I live in hoodies and jeans.. And I still rock flip flops. I can't stand the feeling of closed-toe shoes ever. I can't stand the feeling of my feet being covered in general. Even when I'm sleeping, I will snuggle up under my blanket, but kick it off of my feet.

Also. I want a really rockin' cape. I have an obsession with amazing coats and capes. I have this killer coat I bought at Target - it's a long pea/trench coat. I only wish I could rock skinny jeans and booties to go with it.

Shorty
09-04-2013, 05:07 AM
As I've gotten older, I reveal considerably less skin than I used to. I just don't feel comfortable doing it, for some reason. I'll wear skirts or shorts with tights and I will wear tank tops, but that's about as revealing as I get. I would feel weird and inappropriate in anything less than that.

I used to accessorize a lot and have a lot of badass earrings and necklaces. Now that I'm trying to gauge my ears, I leave my gauges in all the time and don't have to worry about earrings. I feel silly wearing bows in my hair at my age, but I will wear them with a bun because I think it's a combination of classy and cute. Besides bows, necklaces are really the only accessories I change out.

As for clothing, I change between jeans, tees/tanks and cardigans, or dresses and high-waisted skirts (probably also involving cardigans). I love wearing boots with skirts. Love love love it. But I love my heels so much, too. ;-; I tried the "wear a loose blazer over a band tee" thing for a while, but it didn't really fit with me, I don't think.

Skinny jeans are a godsend, though. As much as I love boyfriend jeans, I will never go back. I was against them for a damn long time, but skinny jeans look best on my figure. My favorite pair of red ones got black dye on them and now I am sad forever. :( but I will still wear them because smurf everyone else, I'll wear dye jeans if I feel like it. I have a pair of skinny black slacks that are on of my favorite things to wear, though, because they make my ass look awesome and go with so much of what I own.

I feel a lot more basic than I used to dress, because I don't have the energy or smurfs to give anymore about out-of-the-norm style.

To sum it up, Kaylah at The Dainty Squid (http://www.thedaintysquid.com/search/label/what%20i%20wore) is my idea of style perfection. Sometimes it's a little too kitschy for me, but overall, I would love to dress in almost anything she wears.

Formalhaut
09-04-2013, 05:18 AM
My dress sense is sort of hard to describe, mainly because of how boring it probably is. I mean, I'll wear the generic jeans, shirt, shoes, but there's not really alot to say.

I guess I wear smart-casual pretty much everywhere I go. I mean, I only just got my first ever pair of jogging pants like literally last week, and while I do own a pair of trainers, I hardly ever wear them. I don't know, I just hate feeling underdressed for ANYTHING. Heck, even if I'm lounging around the house I'm very loathe to wear anything fully 'casual'.

But I love my winter garments. I thrive in winter, and so everything like my coat, my other coat, my jacket, my scarves... oh, I love winter clothing. My winter wear probably outnumbers my summer gear. I literally do not own a single pair of shorts. I don't show skin. Ever. Shorts are like a great evil to me - three quarter lengths her slightly less evil cousin. I point blank refuse to show skin. I do not own a single sleeveless vest or t-shirt or whatever for that matter as well.

As I've gotten older, I reveal considerably less skin than I used to. I just don't feel comfortable doing it, for some reason. I'll wear skirts or shorts with tights and I will wear tank tops, but that's about as revealing as I get. I would feel weird and inappropriate in anything less than that.

Christ, I'll be wearing a burqa by the time I'm 25.

Calliope
09-04-2013, 05:18 AM
This thread needs pictures!

Formalhaut
09-04-2013, 05:25 AM
This thread needs pictures!

Ugh. Fine. Here's a picture of me wearing what I'd say is what I'd say is ideal for me. In case you're wondering, I'm the guy in the green t-shirt, or if you're colour blind, the short one.

I should probably add as well that this was taken just after a BEACH visit. Everyone else is sort of wearing the usual gear to the beach, you know, shorts, general t-shirt (or a dress, if you're a girl obviously), but as I stress, I refuse to wear shorts. That picture above is generally what I'd say is the benchmark for how I prefer to dress.

Shorty
09-04-2013, 05:26 AM
Formy, you pull off the blazer/tee combo!

I will find or post pictures at a time later than now.

noxious.sunshine
09-04-2013, 05:27 AM
It does need pics! ^_^ I'll take pics of my fav items of clothing tomorrow.

I genuinely -do- want to be somewhat more edgy - like I love the skinny jeans/tank top/baggy shirt with boots or booties or flats look. If my body style were right, I know I could pull it off. But I'm chunky right now, my calves are abnormally big (even though they look great when I wear a shorter skirt or dress), I have no ass and gigantic boobs. My calves have always been big, though, no matter my weight, so mixing skinnies with boots is hard. It's hard for me to zip boots up. They catch my skin (or pants) and I have to stuff my legs hardcore into them.

Formalhaut
09-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Formy, you pull off the blazer/tee combo!

It is perhaps the only look I can pull off in any real degree there Shorty :jess:

Laddy
09-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Blazers, button-ups, sweaters, jeans, slacks, khakis, etc.

I like to order clothes online, and I tend to spend far more money on clothes than I should. I suppose my style could be considered sort of urban-academic, albeit with a European edge.

Jinx
09-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Autumn/winter: dresses with tights, boots, sweaters, scarves, and belts. Maybe a cute hat if I'm feeling it. I love my cold-weather clothes, they are the best for sure.

Spring/summer: anything that keeps me from death by melting.

Cuchulainn
09-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Tees, jeans, adidas trainers. im dull.

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Clothes?

Cloudane
09-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Implying I have a style.

Whatever's comfortable!
Well, and a lot of geek t-shirts during the summer I guess.

Denmark
09-04-2013, 04:18 PM
polo or button down shirts. i need more t-shirts for wearing around home because they're more comfortable

for work, usually jeans. which I immediately change out of into something like shorts or sweatpants (depending on the temperature) when I get home. because comfort #1 best thing all time

fire_of_avalon
09-04-2013, 05:20 PM
I have always believed that the way one dresses is for the benefit of others and because not many other people see me I don't really have a style. I wear plain t shirts and jeans with flip flops or boots. I wear tennis shoes and a scrub uniform at work. The end.

noxious.sunshine
09-04-2013, 05:23 PM
lately I've been running around in my pajama pants, a tank top, and one of my bf's Army PT shirts. I cannot be bothered to get ready right now other than makeup (which I can't leave without putting on) unless we're going to dinner or something. I'm way too self-conscious about my weight.

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2013, 05:35 PM
I like short skirts but I never ever get to wear them because it's very windy in this city :(

Usually just jeans or shorts and a tshirt or tank top. Occasionally a casual dress, especially if it's polka-dotted. As for shoes I just wear my flat sandals with literally everything.

Faris
09-04-2013, 09:36 PM
My style is pretty boring. Plain shirts, hoodie, jeans. :up: I just want to feel comfortable and not stand out.

Pike
09-05-2013, 01:51 AM
videogame/tech related t-shirts and generic black slacks

Ironically enough I work in the clothes department at Target

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-05-2013, 02:55 AM
It depends on the situation for me. To and from work I generally just wear jeans and a t shirt. Absolutely no thought is put into except to make sure it is within 'standards' and doesn't make me look flamboyant.
I prefer to dress in blue jeans and a button up long sleeve with the arms rolled up. And some gel in hair. I look damn good like that.
I also like wearing v-necks with jeans that are rolled up a couple times at the bottom and flip flops. But that is more of a Cali thing than a Carolina thing I suppose.

Night Fury
09-07-2013, 02:00 PM
The older I get, the more I get into fashion, and I really feel like in the last 8 months or so, my style has really developed and I'm now wearing the clothes that really suit me and my body shape.

I just bought a TONNE of dresses lately. I don't ever care, buying clothes and wearing the clothes makes me so happy :lol: Although I actually think some of the best places to get great clothes.... charity shops!

I guess my style is kind of quirky girly. I love wearing a long sleeved shirt, with the buttons all done up with skinny jeans and my vans. But I also love a dress with ballet flats. I like to think I dress a bit like a more 'punkyish' version of Zooey Deschanel's character Jess in New Girl. Probably a bit hipster! She's kind of my style icon, as I like to think our height/size/shape and personality are very similar!

Shiny
09-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I only own one skirt, four pairs of shorts, (not including pajama shorts) and maybe seven different dresses that I got for particular ocassions, but are still wearable for other events. On the other hand I own over twenty pairs of jeans and maybe like five pairs of pants. That tells you what type of person I am. I do however think I would eventually get an extra sun dress to wear on particlarly hot days where I want the wind up to go "up there."

TrollHunter
09-09-2013, 05:32 AM
I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.

Pheesh
09-09-2013, 08:00 AM
I have two pairs of jeans, one black and one dark gray. 2 pairs of board shorts, one black and one white. And then a whole bunch of t-shirts of varying colours. I can usually be expected to be wearing the same thing every day but it doesn't seem like it because all of my t-shirts are so different in colour and the design that's printed on them. Also I have some really nice dress shirts and an absolutely awesome jacket but it's never cold enough in Perth to wear it :(

Shorty
09-09-2013, 08:02 AM
That jacket.

He wouldn't tell me how much his jacket cost because he was too ashamed.

Pheesh
09-09-2013, 09:00 AM
You can't put a price on class.

And if you could it would be the price that I paid for that jacket and I still wouldn't tell you what it cost.

Araciel
09-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Cheap.

Mo-Nercy
09-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Assortment of random t-shirts, casual shirts (plaid and striped usually) with slim fit jeans or shorts. I don't really get cold so I've got a couple of basic jackets, knits and cardigans to get me through winter.

I also have a lot of shoes, especially sneakers, as I used to collect limited editions. Boat shoes have made their way into regular wear for me too, though I'll almost exclusively wear thongs/flip-flops through summer.

Oh, and I'm also one of those douches who wears team sports supporter gear when there is no sporting event to attend. :D

yukina
09-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I used to dress like a guy when I was younger (read: oversized T-shirt, floppy jeans, Converse). I had this late puberty in college and explosion of female hormones and bam, I suddenly started dressing like a girl. :))

Work has a relaxed dress code so if I don't have classes, T-shirt and jeans (better fitting, of course), and sandals are my usual thing. Otherwise, I get a little dressy with blouses, skirts, and cardigans. Sometimes dresses if it isn't too windy/rainy and I don't have to do much floorwork.

My usual style is blouse/shirt, dressy shorts (jeans if shorts aren't appropriate), and sandals, mostly because the weather here doesn't really allow for heavier clothing. I'm still building up my wardrobe especially since that puberty in college made me go up 2 sizes.

If I was filthy rich, I'd probably wear anything Tricia Gosingtian wears. 475744757547576

noxious.sunshine
09-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm obsessed with yesstyle right now, but I'll only order capes and such. I need a new one.

I have pics of my fav clothes and shoes. I'll post em later