PDA

View Full Version : Gone Home

Scotty_ffgamer
09-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Anyone else play this game yet? After all of the rave reviews I was seeing, I was kind of disappointed in the end. It was good, but I felt a bit too short, especially for the asking price. What are your thoughts on this game?

Necronopticous
09-05-2013, 03:05 AM
I thought it was a very unique and welcome experience in the games sphere, or even entertainment in general, and well worth $20. At 2-3 hours, it is a little short I suppose, but really demands to be played through in a single sitting, so possibly just the right length.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-05-2013, 03:10 AM
I did it in 1 hour, which probably affects my viewpoint of it. I wouldn't want the game to be any longer really. I just don't know if it was worth the asking price for me. One of those games I wish I had waited to get in a sale or something.

Necronopticous
09-05-2013, 08:14 AM
If you only spent 1 hour in that house, I'd wager you must have missed a lot of what makes the game great. Sam's front & center story was great, and necessary for the game to have any sense of pacing, but I personally found the unspoken stories to be Gone Home's strongest suit. Did you pick up much of that? Am I just a slow explorer?

Scotty_ffgamer
09-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Honestly, I don't know how I got as much explored as I did in the hour I spent. I know about the mom's story with Ranger Rick, her interest in him and whatnot. The dad's struggles with trying to write books, ending up having to settle for writing those electronics reviews, but then having the opportunity to see some of his books published again. I know about the likely abuse he experienced with his uncle Oscar as a kid, and how that is probably the significance of his time travelling books. Also, the final book is probably helping him bring closure for himself considering his character is going back in time to save himself pretty much. I think I caught most, if not all, the details really.