PDA

View Full Version : Easy Slots

Karifean
09-07-2013, 11:56 PM
I am positively surprised just how easy it is to perform a successful Game Over on Cait Sith's Slots. I practiced it for about a half hour to an hour just now and it's amazingly simple. Needless to say...

Felt pretty damn good. Part of the reason why it's so simple is because on the PC version (I was playing the Steam Rerelease), the slots aren't nearly as rigged as on the PSX version. If you tried to do a Game Over on the PSX version, there was a 63/64 chance that the third reel would actively prevent you from getting it by not stopping when you tell it to. There's a way around that (and I had to use it in the Ruby Weapon battle), but point is, on the PC, that chance is much, much, much lower, probably not even 1/2.

It's all about the rhythm. Every battle, the slots are reset to their default position and in that position, the three Cait faces come up really fast and are timed very well so you can get them in one fell swoop. If you do slots twice in one battle, the reels will be different, but unless you're fighting Hojo, that should never actually come up.