PDA

View Full Version : The Community Update Needs YOU

Formalhaut
09-10-2013, 05:34 PM

The Community Update Needs You!

Are you a member who would like to write for the Frontsite? Are you a budding writer? Do you want to get your name out there on the Frontsite? Well now is your chance!

http://home.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/icon2.gif Okay, So What Is This?

As you know, I hope, I have been the proud writer of the Community Update since... May? I think? I can't even remember, anyway, due to me going away to University on the 15th September, things are increasing in pace recently, and I cannot really dedicate time over the next few weeks to run the Community Update. Don't worry loyal readers, I'll be back, but I just need time to settle and get used to university life; I'm sure you understand.

Therefore, this week, and all of my Freshers Fortnight, I will otherwise be engaged. I'm not off-line completely of course, and I'll still be on EoFF, but I won't really have enough time to write and research for the Update...

...which is where you come in! I'm very keen on getting new talent to the Frontsite, mainly because that was how I was selected in the first place to run the Community Update (Thanks GoBo!) and now is a great opportunity to guest host the Update for a few weeks. The experience will really make you aware of what it takes to be published, and just a taster of article writing. Get your foot in the door, so to speak.

http://home.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/icon2.gif Great! How Do I Sign Up!

Starting from now, I'm accepting applications (gosh, makes this sound like a job interview). Just post your interest and enthusiasm in this here thread, along with the responses to the following questions:

1. Do you have any sort of writing experience whatsoever? Don't be afraid to say 'little', because this is exactly what this opportunity is all about: giving you vital frontsite and general writing experience.

2. How would you rate your own grammar, spelling and vocabulary? You certainly don't have to have English as your first language, as long as you've got a good grasp and can string together an article and paragraph well enough.

3. How active are you on the site? A huge portion of the Update is researching good threads and news to put in. If you're not very active, you will struggle.

4. Why do you want to take on the temporary post? What made you want to sign up?

I should stress the importance of #1. You really don't need much writing experience really. As long as you're keen, eager, can write fairly good English (you don't need to be a English Graduate or an author) and is an active member of the EoFF community, then that's exactly what I'm looking for.

http://home.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/icon2.gif But I'd Be A Fish Out Of Water With This!

Which is why I'll be helping you during this week. I won't exactly be packing and saying goodbye to friends and family 24/7, and I will have some time to show you the ropes of the Community Update, the component features, what you do, etc. but remember, you're in charge ultimately! During the three or so weeks, you're in charge. Feel free to write in your own unique style, and run it how you generally see fit, within reason of course! During this week where I'll be slightly more available, I'll be available for advice, guidance etc.

But that's all the information I can think of with this, if you want to ask any more queries, don't hesitate to PM me with anything! Good luck! I hope to have fun working with you soon! :)

(P.S: Don't get too attached to the Update: I will be back running it shortly!)

Jiro
09-10-2013, 06:08 PM
This made me laugh:

(P.S: Don't get too attached to the Update: I will be back running it shortly!)

Don't give yourself too much of a deadline, getting settled is important. No pressure, remember?

Jinx
09-10-2013, 10:21 PM
1. Not on a "professional" scale, no. I can string together a sentence, though!

2. Probably better than most people on EoFF. After all, I'm one of the few here who know the difference between its and it's! ;)

3. I'm very active. I haven't been posting as much lately (although I'm still the third top poster...) but I definitely check the site multiple times a day and read all of the threads. A lot of times, if I get bored, I read threads that I won't post in or hold little interest to me.

4. I've wanted to help out with this particular feature of EoFF for some time, but you always had it under wraps, so I never got a chance to! I've always really wanted to participate and give my opinion of what the trending threads on EoFF are!

Slothy
09-10-2013, 10:26 PM
That's all well and good Jinx, but what happens if you have another name change? How will we know who's doing the update if we forget who you are?

Also keep in mind I'm not actually involved in picking anyone so my questions don't matter.

Formalhaut
09-11-2013, 12:02 AM
but you always had it under wraps,

You make it sound like it was some hidden secret :p

Jinx
09-11-2013, 12:06 AM
i'll keep you my dirty little secret
don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret

Denmark
09-11-2013, 12:37 AM
Hind

Tifa's Booty?

or tifasbootay.jpg

Slothy
09-11-2013, 12:47 AM
Stupid damn auto correct.

Formalhaut
09-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Oh, and in terms of deadline, maybe Friday, or something.

Jiro
09-11-2013, 12:58 PM
difference between its and it's! ;)

:jiro::up:

Formalhaut
09-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Well, in light of the fact that only one person volunteered to run the Update for a few weeks, there really is no contest, then.

Congratulations Sam! You have been chosen (by default) to be the guest writer of the community update! I'm sure you'll do a cracking job.

With that, this competition(?) is no over. I'll be sending Sam a introductory PM right now!

Agent Proto
09-14-2013, 03:01 AM
Uh, congrats Sam?

Jiro
09-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Oh no maybe I should've volunteered so JINX didn't get the gig :aimmad:

Scotty_ffgamer
09-14-2013, 06:01 AM
I thought about volunteering, but I wouldn't really consider myself active enough. Also, I don't think I would have had the time to do it.

Jinx
09-15-2013, 12:02 AM
:(

Agent Proto
09-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Don't frown, you've got the gig now! Now start on the next community update!

Scotty_ffgamer
09-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Congrats Sam. You'll do great!

Formalhaut
09-15-2013, 01:42 AM

Hey! Turn that there frown upside down and be happy! The eager readers of the Community Update will sense any sadness in your writing! Write with the god-damned rainbow!

Slothy
09-15-2013, 04:10 AM

Don't listen to those fuckers. You'll do great.

Formalhaut
09-15-2013, 04:50 AM

Listen to what fuckers? Who say what where who huh!?

Jinx
09-15-2013, 04:50 AM

:D thanks, you!

Jiro
09-15-2013, 03:37 PM
You'll do better than all the others who put their hand upI am 100% on your team gurl :monster: