PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix

NeoCracker
09-10-2013, 08:06 PM
This game looks really good.

And I just got off Destiny Island and leveled up to 7 after the last fight against Darkside on Destiny Island.

I also did the answers to get 'Night' at the begining for slow leveling early game, faster leveling late game.

WHO ELSE IS PLAYING!?

Scotty_ffgamer
09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I really want to be playing it right now. Unfortunately, I just never had the money to get the game. Eventually I'll be playing it.

Freya
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
I want to play so badly but i dont have a ps3 :(

Hollycat
09-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I just picked up my copy. Can't wait till after work.

DMKA
09-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Got it yesterday, just finished Deep Jungle.

Is it just me or have most of the enemies been recolored? O___o

NeoCracker
09-12-2013, 07:19 AM
The controls haven't aged as well as I'd have thought and feel a bit sluggish, but still is very fun. And I'm not sure about re-colored, but the game looks great. :p

Also, I'll be starting Deep Jungle soon.

Jiro
09-12-2013, 03:31 PM
eeh ooh eeh ooh ahh

Hollycat
09-12-2013, 03:36 PM
I think I may have a kingdom hearts problem. I'm already on my second playthrough.

Shauna
09-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow. And then put it on my shelf and let it collect dust.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-14-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm playing Kingdom Hearts right now and it is the greatest thing ever.

Edit: Has anyone here had any sound glitches? I've had a few while playing including sound just completely disappearing in Wonderland while presenting my evidence. Audio issues seem to be happening randomly during the Final Mix for a small number of people.

NeoCracker
09-14-2013, 08:17 PM
NO issues for me. :p

Just cleared out Agrabah as well as the PHil Cup at the Colluseum, the regular, solo, and timed tournaments.

Agrabah was kicking my ass this run though. :(

Scotty_ffgamer
09-15-2013, 12:44 AM
I don't know if it is just me, but it also seems to be harder than the original game. I might just be out of practice though. I remember not having too much trouble in the original on Proud mode though, and this one has been kicking my butt in each world after Traverse Town.

Hollycat
09-15-2013, 12:46 AM
On normal mode in Final mix you do 20% less damage than in the original game. It is harder.

DMKA
09-16-2013, 05:30 AM
I don't know if it is just me, but it also seems to be harder than the original game.

It's the exact opposite for me. I always played the original on Normal Mode, yet I'm playing this on Proud Mode and Proud Mode is waaaaaaaaaay easier than the original game's Normal Mode was. I'm talking really easy, like Kingdom Hearts II easy. I'm only level 34 and I just finished Hollow Bastion and haven't died once. :p

I haven't experienced any sound glitches either though.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-16-2013, 06:10 AM
I've had trouble with every boss so far except for Cerberus (which is usually the one I have the most trouble with early on for some reason). I don't know, the last 3 or 4 times I've played the original was in Proud mode where I've beaten every optional boss and have gotten everything. Usually the only real trouble area I have is at Hollow Bastion, I think. And Sephiroth. For some reason I always forget his pattern on every play through.

Rocket Edge
09-18-2013, 06:20 PM
The camera is a bit iffy but other than that no complaints. Since I got it on release I haven't been able to stop playing it. I'm surprised by how much I do truly love the game. The nostalgia is intense.

NeoCracker
09-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Well after beating the game, I spotted a bizarre fucking name in the credits. Lance Bass as the voice of Sephiroth. I was all, 'Isn't that the N'Sync guy?' so I looked it up. And yes, Sephiroth was voiced by the N'Sync guy.

But yeah, Beat all optional bosses, all I haven't done is I'm misisng one blue trinity and the Time Trial Hades Cup. I don't like doing time trials though, so fuck it.

Also, the bonus scene at the end looks fucking fantastic. Can't wait for the 2.5 remix they will inevitably do.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-19-2013, 05:30 AM
There are a lot of interesting voice actors in Kingdom Hearts, I think. I remember reading Lance Bass' name in the credits when the game first came out, and it made me laugh.

Also, is the bonus scene you are talking about Deep Dive? Just making sure there isn't another bonus scene I'm missing. I just beat the game a couple of hours ago. I think I actually prefer the game without the two extra scenes added to the main story. They just didn't really add much of anything, at least to me. I've also yet to really try to beat Unknown. I went to that battle once and he immediately killed me, so I'm probably a bit underleveled. I don't know that I will do the fight, though. For once, I don't feel like getting 100% in the game.

Also, I think I've decided that it really wasn't worth the purchase for me. That will probably change since I've yet to play Re:Chain of Memories (just played the gameboy advance version as a kid), but the Final Mix wasn't different enough to warrant a new purchase for me. It looks pretty, but I don't mind the slightly blurred original. And I'm one of the unlucky few who seem to get tons of sound glitches in my game (had the sound start disappearing a few seconds, come back a few seconds, disappear again, etc. during my final Ansem fight. Had to die and restart the battle to make the sound work again. Sound cut out completely 3 times during my time with the Hades cup).

Shadowdust
09-20-2013, 04:12 AM
I finally beat it on Monday. I underestimated the difficulty in Proud Mode but at the time, I thought I would be synthesizing more. I enjoyed the game but they took all of the fun out of synthesizing. The special Heartless that you have to kill in just the right way annoyed me more than challenged me. Also, I forgot how screwy the camera and auto-targeting are in the original game.

After everything, it was a worthwhile purchase for me. I enjoyed watching the cut-scenes for 358/2. I never finished the DS version so it was nice to get some closure on that one. I'm just starting Re: Chain of Memories and it is much more bearable than the GB Advance version. And the best part of this is that lovely triangle button. Finally, no more scrolling to the bottom to interact with elements of the games. :)

I really hope sales go well for this one. It would be nice to get Kingdom Hearts II and Birth By Sleep and maybe even Dream Drop Distance in a 2.5 mix before the scheduled release of the third numbered title. It would be nice to see those handhelds on a big screen.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-20-2013, 05:04 AM
I am enjoying Re:Chain of Memories now that I'm playing it.

I have a new problem with the game, or I would if I cared about trophies. I beat KH: Final Mix on Proud mode, and it only gave me a trophy for Proud Mode. If I were to want to Platinum it, I would have to replay the game on standard and on beginner. I believe most games will give you a trophy for the difficulty you just beat and all the difficulties below it. I just don't think I would have fun if I were to play it on beginner.

Rostum
09-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Been playing this with my girlfriend. We just got up to Agrabah. We're enjoying it, but it is much more dated than I remember it being (even with the remastering).

However, it has me looking forward to a 2.5 HD!

Shaibana
09-21-2013, 07:58 PM
i have bought a copy too :D
.. so far i can only say that the cover looks nice, haha

NeoCracker
09-22-2013, 07:20 AM
I hope the 2.5, whenever it hits, comes with Birth By Sleep, as well as the 3D and Coded stories.

But yeah, currently debating between playing through Chain of Memories or Windwaker HD. :p

Shaibana
09-22-2013, 11:24 AM
i am a bit confused with wich one is part 1 etc.
so i just started with the 1st option, Final remix

Hollycat
09-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Chronologically it goes:
Birth By Sleep
KH final remix
chain of memories
358/2 days
kh2
re:coded
Dream Drop Distance.

However, you shouldn't play Birth By Sleep till after you've played KH2, and you can skip Re:coded all together.

You can also play 358/2 after kh2 if you want, it doesn't really matter either way, neither one spoils the other.

Shaibana
09-22-2013, 03:53 PM

Chronologically it goes:
Birth By Sleep
KH final remix
chain of memories
358/2 days
kh2
re:coded
Dream Drop Distance.

However, you shouldn't play Birth By Sleep till after you've played KH2, and you can skip Re:coded all together.

You can also play 358/2 after kh2 if you want, it doesn't really matter either way, neither one spoils the other.

ooh well, technicly i am playing it in the right order since i have played Birth By Sleep on psp :)

NeoCracker
09-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Welp, just beat Axel in chain of Memories on proud. Not as frustrating a game as I remember, but still not to fond of the card-based combat.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-23-2013, 02:09 AM
I felt the card based combat was better suited for the GBA version. Re:CoM doesn't make the system worse or anything, but I do find myself wishing the game played more like the other KH games with CoM looking more like the other games. It also feels a bit easier than the GBA version for some reason. It could just be because I played the original as a kid, but I remember having to be more tactical in the way I played, both in battle and with how I used the world cards.

DMKA
09-23-2013, 04:46 AM
I finished Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix and I'm a tad disappointed that Another Side, Another Story is missing, but I'm even more disappointed at how terrible the video quality of Deep Dive is. Hell, the DivX copy I downloaded off Filefront ten years ago was vastly superior quality. Did SE not have a spare PS2 copy of Final Mix laying around to rip the FMV from? Even that would have been better quality than the jumpy frame macroblock-ridden mess we got. I also find it a tad silly that Difficulty trophies apparently don't stack (if you be Proud, you still have to play all the way through again on Normal and Beginner to get the trophies for them). Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Other than that, it was a blast and well worth the $40 price tag alone.

I just started Re:CoM and am having more fun with it than I recall having with it when it was new. I still like the regular battle system better but I have a newfound appreciation for the card based system and the strategy it forces you to take observance of.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-23-2013, 04:57 AM
Another Side, Another Story is actually there. I beat the game on proud mode without beating the Hades cup, and it gave me Another Side, Another Story. I got Deep Dive once I locked every world, got the dalmations, and beat Hades Cup.

Deep Dive seemed to be as good of quality as everything else when I got to it, but I was pretty tired once I watched it.

NeoCracker
09-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah, Deep Dive looked pretty bitchin' for me. Better then it did in the original PS2 version. Don't know what happened with you. :p

Anyway, just kicked Larxene's ass in Chain of Memories. Not as bad as I remember, though I still find the battle system to be sub par.

Shaibana
09-23-2013, 05:53 PM
went to Wonderland and the coloseum, and stuck at both bosses :o

Scotty_ffgamer
09-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Trickmaster (I think that's the name of the Wonderland boss) kicks my butt every time. I wish you luck in defeating him, haha.

Skyblade
09-24-2013, 05:36 AM
I hope the 2.5, whenever it hits, comes with Birth By Sleep, as well as the 3D and Coded stories.

But yeah, currently debating between playing through Chain of Memories or Windwaker HD. :p

If they structure it similarly, 2.5 will probably be KH2, KHBBS, and KHDDD (or maybe just the cutscenes from DDD).

Then 3.5 would be 3 and whatever follow-up games it gets.

NeoCracker
09-24-2013, 09:47 AM
I think they said 3 was going to be the end of the story. Well, at the very least the Xehonort story. :p

Rostum
09-25-2013, 01:29 AM
I kind of wish I did Proud Mode, but at the time I wasn't up for a challenge. However, now I'm thinking Normal Mode is way too easy. :\

NeoCracker
09-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Odd, as far as Chain of memories, I regret doing Proud mode. I hate the battle system, and am currently getting my ass handed to me in the fight after clearing Twilight Town against Riku.

It's to fucking late for me to want to re-start on easy, and I really dont' want to have to put more effort to finish this fucking game off.

Aulayna
09-30-2013, 12:52 PM
So which one of you lot is going to write the review for the frontsite? :p

Hollycat
09-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Give me a cookie and I'll consider it.

Aulayna
09-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Give me a cookie and I'll consider it.

We give you cookies everytime you visit.

*badumtish webdeveloper joke*

Shaibana
09-30-2013, 06:15 PM
i am already getting fed up with this game, honestly :l
i am stuck.. EVERYWHERE.. so after Wonderland and Coloseum i decided to go to jeep jungle to train a bit..
as i advance through the story i now have to get over some hippo's (wich i had to do over more then i'd like to admit) and to the the top of the tree's where i can not figure out how i safely can get to the other side.. (this is the part where you have to swing those vines)

i made it to the other side once, to the next 'platform' only to fall misserably on my first attempt to grab the vine.

that is pretty much the moment where i wanted to throw the controller down..

Hollycat
09-30-2013, 06:19 PM
i am stuck.. EVERYWHERE.. so after Wonderland and Coloseum i decided to go to jeep jungle to train a bit..
as i advance through the story i now have to get over some hippo's (wich i had to do over more then i'd like to admit) and to the the top of the tree's where i can not figure out how i safely can get to the other side.. (this is the part where you have to swing those vines)

i made it to the other side once, to the next 'platform' only to fall misserably on my first attempt to grab the vine.

After you make it past the hippos and climb up the vine, turn around and there is another vine one the tree. Climb it to get to the next area, thereby skipping the vine swinging.

Shaibana
09-30-2013, 06:23 PM

After you make it past the hippos and climb up the vine, turn around and there is another vine one the tree. Climb it to get to the next area, thereby skipping the vine swinging.

Seriously? :l ... thats it? ooh god

Scotty_ffgamer
09-30-2013, 06:38 PM
That's it. You don't have to mess with swinging on the vines at all unless you want to get all the treasure chests. There are some Dalmations up in the vines should that matter to you.

I hate Deep Jungle. It's not an issue for me now, but I feel like the conveyance in that area is pretty awful. It's hard to know where you should go next, and it oftentimes doesn't make sense why you have to go where you need to go.

If I can find time within the week, I can try to do a review since I've beaten everything on there aside from getting all the trophies (which I don't care about). I don't know if I will have time, but if I do, would you want a review of each game separately in detail or of the package as a whole?

Freya
10-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Someone should totally be super nice... and write a review :D

I'd do it but that whole.... lack of a ps3 thing mess it all up :D

Scotty_ffgamer
10-03-2013, 06:28 AM
^^I'll point out my question again: Would you want a review of each game in detail or just how the remaster is as a whole? I've ended up getting a bunch of extra shifts at work, but I'm still wanting to try my hand at a review.

Freya
10-03-2013, 06:53 AM
The Remix as a whole would work. How it's been updated, how it works on the ps3, how each game works on the ps3, how the achievements are, and how awesome it is in general cause I mean... come on... it's kh. Etc Etc.

Then a result maybe of a play or pass or maybe even a rating if you'd like like 8/10 or whatever

Also if the review is looking long, formatting and pictures break up the text well! That goes for any wall of posts. We'd like a review we may post on the frontsite. So We like opinions but don't go full on nerdrage bash cause we are family friendly. Not saying you'll do that. More as a general comment.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-03-2013, 05:37 PM
That should be easier than a more in depth review of each game, at least. I can probably find time to do this. The pictures will be the hardest part as I will probably have to find screenshots online. I don't have any way to capture screenshots from the actual game.

Don't have to worry about bashing from me. I love this series. I can also notice some of the flaws, though.

Marshall Banana
12-14-2013, 03:44 AM
The first thing I noticed when I bought this last week was the (seemingly) Game of Thrones reference on the cover.

(Sora's chair)

I also noticed the lack of panties in-game.

Sephiroth
12-14-2013, 03:47 AM
The first thing I noticed when I bought this last week was the (seemingly) Game of Thrones reference on the cover.

(Sora's chair)

I also noticed the lack of panties.

This picture is way older.

Marshall Banana
12-14-2013, 03:49 AM
That's what I thought, too, until I looked up the original for comparison.

Sephiroth
12-14-2013, 03:50 AM
I am not talking about this but the above picture. I saw it a long time ago already.

Jinx
12-14-2013, 03:52 AM
How long ago are you talking?

Marshall Banana
12-14-2013, 03:55 AM
I would be very impressed if anything KH-related was sporting a GoT reference prior to the HBO show's popularity, but I doubt the art is *that* old.

It could be a coincidence, though.

Aulayna
12-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Sora is infact, Joffrey. The Heartless are actually his subjects. We've been ruthlessly slaying them all this time.