PDA

View Full Version : American Horror Story: Coven (unmarked spoilers)

Jinx
09-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Season 3 starts October 9th! This season is supposed to be about a school for young girls who are becoming witches.

Is anyone else watching? I know the feelings about last season were very split, and I didn't care for it at all. But I'm really looking forward to giving this season a go! SALEM! WITCHES! JESSICA LANGE!

Shauna
09-10-2013, 11:50 PM
I'll be watching. Watched the first season and enjoyed it pretty thoroughly, but the second was less awesome. I look forward to seeing what is happening here. :3

Jinx
09-10-2013, 11:56 PM
The girl who played Violet in season one is returning to the cast this season! That really thrills me, as I thought she was an excellent actress.

Shorty
09-11-2013, 01:00 AM
I'll be watching. Watched the first season and enjoyed it pretty thoroughly, but the second was less awesome. I look forward to seeing what is happening here. :3

This is exactly how I feel about it. This show is already a stretch enough of the imagination, and the second with the hospital itself, zombie cannibals, aliens and resurrection was a little much.

Slothy
09-11-2013, 01:08 AM
I've never seen this show, though I was curious about it and may watch the first season sometime.

Shorty
09-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Do it! The first season is great. It kindof goes down hill the last few episodes, but still worth it.

Slothy
09-11-2013, 01:15 AM
If you like it then I guess I'm sold.

Jinx
09-11-2013, 01:34 AM
The first season is excellent.

I hope that season 3 gets back to that. Simple is better! Simple can be deep without being contrived and convoluted!

Depression Moon
09-11-2013, 02:22 AM
Yeah I was staying with season 2 for a while while the rest of you were giving up hope, but when someone who was clearly dead came back to life and pregnant, that was enough for me. They were doing way too much shit in season 2. It started off well then halfway things fell apart. I have no idea how it ended.

I'll watch Season 3 though.

yukina
09-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Season 2 got kinda muddled with all the things they put in there. I thought it had a lot of promise in the start thought, also because the trailers are really creepy. I hope Season 3 is a better-executed one.

McLovin'
09-13-2013, 02:47 AM
I'll check it out since they're always intriguing stories at first. But each season has been completely not worth it by the end. Season 1 had such a letdown of an ending. Season 2 failed completely to wrap up the numerous storylines it came up with out of its ass in the first couple episodes in a cool way. It's objective, you know it. The last couple episodes of each season sucked because of the hype they built up. Season 3 probably won't be any different but I enjoy the ride.

Shorty
10-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Watching the first episode today! :hyper:

Slothy
10-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. Guess I'll get on checking it out.

Shauna
10-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I was just gonna come in and ask when this was due to start. :3 Tonight, eh?

Jinx
10-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Last night, I think!

Just downloaded the first episode. I'll probably watch it sometime today. :)

Shorty
10-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Less than five minutes in and I am pretty certain this will be the scariest, most terrifying and smurfed up season yet. My god.

This new intro is my favorite. I am love, love, loving it. I quite liked the first season's, but I think this one is definitely my favorite.

I have a feeling this will be the best season yet. They started out strong with the first season and it failed a little bit with the story twists at the end. Season two they ended up with a case of over-achieving syndrome and fell short with all the plotlines they tried to tie up. I have a feeling that this is the season they will get it right and have few to little mistakes. That's my hope anyway.

Even if there have been some flop moments with the first two seasons, seeing just how smurfing versatile the actors can be with their different roles is just amazing. I really like that they are using Sarah Paulson more and more as the seasons go on. All of the ladies are just incredible. Sarah, Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe and Frances Conroy are outstanding in their roles. Jessica Lange, as always, is classy as trout while having an air of sultry vixen to her.

I will say, though, that Violet (I don't care what her name is this season, that will always be her name) explaining right off the bat that she's a witch was a little disappointing. I would have liked to see it surface somehow other than just being laid on the table, but I have faith that there is a reason for it.

Don't even care that I feel like a cradle-robber, I would do Evan Peters with zero hesitation. (he's older than me but goddamn he always plays a high school student/young adult)

Really looking forward to the rest of this season!

edit: The rape scene was pretty upsetting. Between that and the Kathy Bates scenes, I am kindof shocked at the fact that this is allowed on regular tv.

Rantz
10-12-2013, 12:16 AM
This season could be really good. Some of the witch academy parts seemed a little too "high school movie", but I think that might get better as it moves along, as I suppose they want to dispel any cheesy connotations early so they can start getting more serious later. The Kathy Bates flashbacks were really messed up and Kathy Bates has been my greatest fear since I saw Misery, so. Wahhh!!

Jinx
10-12-2013, 12:56 AM
I am so so excited about this season. I also think it will be the best yet. I'm really glad that they brought back Taisa Farmiga (Violet/Zoe) as I LOVED her in the first season, and was really disappointed she wasn't in the second. I'm also really excited to see the girl with Down's Syndrome back, as I think she's a lovely actress, especially considering her disability.

And Shorty, I also thought this opening is cool! The music is a little bit different. The drawing things kind of freaked me out how they moved. ALSO, the fucking Jersey Devil creature that's in it, dear lord. Seen at 0:16 and even better at 0:22:

6a_1a_x5R-Y

Shorty
10-12-2013, 12:59 AM
It gives me chills! Also, dayum those spikey heels at 0:24.

The minotaur thing really creeps me out. Really.

Jinx
10-12-2013, 01:01 AM
I tried to find it again, but I think I saw the Minotaur in the credits? I bet we see him again at some point. The scene with the Voodoo Witch made it seem like he'll be back...

edit:

I love Kathy Bates in everything, so that's a plus. But the way she said "Minotaur" drove me kind of insane because I'm a real hipster about it's pronunciation.

Shorty
10-12-2013, 01:03 AM
I am pretty sure we will see more of it, too. There's no way they can introduce something that morbid and grotesque and not build on it.

Also, I love love love that this is set in New Orleans. I've always wanted to go there.

Jinx
10-12-2013, 01:11 AM
YES, I HAVE TOO. It's such a spooky place.

I just really love this concept. I love Queenie's messed up ability. And I really hope that Violet doesn't turn out to be the next Supreme. Not because I don't just love her, but because it's just too obvious and "well, duh".

Shorty
10-12-2013, 01:12 AM
In agreement. Though I'd have to say that Violet's ability is the most smurfed up.

edit: literally lol

edit #2: When Jessica Lange was leading them through the city and they were all in black with their hats, all I could think of was this song. (listen to it, totally relevant, literally a band of witches)

oVajotW18GI

Jinx
10-12-2013, 01:19 AM
I will listen later. :)

And yeah, HOW FUCKED UP IS HER ABILITY? HOW HAVE WE NOT TALKED ABOUT IT YET?

Shorty
10-12-2013, 01:21 AM
It's like she's Rogue from X-Men but even more fucked up.

Jinx
10-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Right? That was my exact thought!

I wonder if her succubus powers are just for hetero sex.

Shlup
10-12-2013, 05:56 AM
This is my favorite season so far. Obviously a bit early to declare that, but I do love witches. There were a couple of scenes that were hard to get through though. xP

McLovin'
10-14-2013, 12:55 AM
So weird. Stupid song was annoying too. "LA. LA LA LA. LA. LA LA LA. *beat and repeat*"

But damn that blonde girl was fine. This season is just trying to be like girls with superpowers lol. Like Heroes and Misfits but with a twilight-esque theme going on now. It's weird for a guy. I don't think I'll bother with the next episode.

Shorty
10-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Second episode was eh. I don't love that they tried to revive Tate. Those bitches should have known that nothing good would come from that. It felt like a very high school episode, and as appalled by the gore and disturbing trout as I was, that's what I watch this damn show for and I want more of it!

I can't imagine what the trout they are going to do with that voodoo mistress and Kathy Bates. What, are they going to have them battle out their century-old feud in modern times? The minotaur at the end, though, hoooooo boy was that creepy. But what are they going to do with him? How could he possibly come into play?

I'm kindof disappointed they brought Kathy Bates to modern times. I wanted to see more of the insane trout she was doing in the 1800's.

It seems like babies and pregnancy are a recurring theme with this show. The first season was pretty much almost entirely focused on it, the second season involved Lana getting knocked up by her rapist and this season she's having difficulty getting pregnant. I wonder where they will lead with it.

Still love the opening sequence and it is amazing and gives the perfect feel for the show. The bony Jersey Devil or whatever the trout is that's standing still and turns its head toward the camera is so smurfing creepy. And then those couple of seconds when the music goes quiet except for the little sparks of static and then the big BAAAAAAH noise as the three hooded figures lift up in the forest! Aaaaah, so amazing! I love love love it.

Jinx
10-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Yes, the Jersey Devil is still freaking me out.

I knew we'd see more of the Minotaur. He is CREEPY.

Queenie is so fucking cool. She and Nan are probably my favorite characters right now. But it looks like she gets killed off next episode. :(

AND OMG SATAN IMPREGNATING LANA? This show loves they Antichrist babies.

I like this season. I think it's going to be very good. I guess the one thing about it I dislike is that it's not really set in a real world setting. The first season was great because hey, normal family buys a haunted house. The second season (despite my dislike of it) was set in an insane asylum. But a school for witches isn't real. I mean, I'm sure they've had them, but it wasn't real.

Jinx
10-24-2013, 04:31 PM
wtf queenie wtf

Shorty
10-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Weird episode. Weird. The shit with queenie and the minotaur was weird, the shit with the mother-son incest was weird. Weird weird weird. I wonder how it will continue now that Madison is dead. Violet will probably move into the future supreme role.

Jinx
10-25-2013, 10:14 PM
I've been reading online, and some people actually thing Misty Day is the next Supreme. Especially after her comment about how Stevie Nicks, and how she wasn't whole and didn't reach her full potential until she found her pack. I think that'd be interesting, cos she's obviously cuckoo bananas.

Waiting for Queenie's monster baby. Maybe Lana can adopt it?

I also said to Rob the other day: Queenie said that she's a descendant of Tituba, and Voodoo Lady said that her people are descendants of Tituba. Maybe Queenie's in the wrong coven? It might come into play.

EDIT: Also, most people seem to think that Madison will come back at some point. On IMDB (not that that means anything) she's scheduled for 13 episodes, but Emma Notwatson said that her character has interesting things in store for her later in the season...so!

Shorty
10-25-2013, 10:18 PM
I think Misty will come into contact with Lana, actually. How she was treating Tate with talk about "she abandoned you, you need me" and all that stuff made me think that she had a child or something or she herself was abandoned as a child. Something overwhelmingly motherly about it.

If Queenie has to choose between tribes, that might get crazy! HOLY trout I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF A MONSTER BABY THAT WIll BE AWESOME but I can't see lana trying to steal someone else's baby. She could have had the option to adopt at any point, so adopting a minotaur baby doesn't seem likely. Also, she made it seem like earlier she could use magic to make a baby happen when she was talking to her man. Is that not an option anymore? I was wondering why she was turning to voodoo if she could just magic it up in a cauldron herself.

Also wondering how the neighbors are going to come into play. Something's not right there.

Jinx
10-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I think the reason Lana wants her own child is so she can carry on the witch line.

But no, remember she did that weird sex thing where all those snakes got up in her hoo-ha? I think that was the magic ritual she was talking about, but apparently it didn't work.

Shorty
10-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Ohhhhhhh, that's right.

She's going to have to sell her soul to the devil to do it.

Jinx
10-25-2013, 10:26 PM
I think she already did. Which was why she was so surprised that it didn't work!

At least I think that it was supposed to imply the devil was part of the ritual. I'd have to go back and watch that episode, but I remember a Pentagram, and I feel like she talked about the Dark Lord or some shit. And at least on a symbolic level, that's what the snakes meant.

Shorty
10-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Yeah, she didn't go so far as slicing goat throats and spilling blood all over her like the voodoo ritual. That seems more sinister to me than snakes and candles and inverted pentagrams. Her heart wasn't in it!

Rantz
10-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Everything this season seems to be about life vs. death, immortality and revival after death, stuff like that. Misty is definitely gonna have her moment with Fiona at some point.

I don't remember her name in this season but I told Sarah earlier, I think Violet is a so-so actor. She's sort of saved by her face having a creepy, haunting quality.

Jessica Lange is fantastic as always. So far, I feel like she and Kathy Bates are carrying this season, although Misty is a great actress and I have good hopes for Angela Bassett as well.

Also, if anyone's interested - Delphine LaLaurie and Marie Laveau are actual historical people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine_LaLaurie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Laveau

Shlup
10-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Every episode is a little weirder than the last.

Shlup
11-07-2013, 09:27 PM
They just left the elderly ginger all half-burnt? And showing her face in the elevator mirror was kind of a dick move if they were then going to say she didn't really do it. C'mon, writers, don't play us like that.

Jinx
11-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I figured something was up there. I don't like Myrtle Snow, but...

Okay, so Zoe is undoubtedly the Supreme now? After the zombiepocalypse in their yard? I'm still hoping it's Misty Day or Nan (although I think Nan is unlikely, as she has Down's and probably wouldn't be considered the epitome of "health"). If Zoe is Supreme, I'll be seriously bummed.

ALSO WTF ZOE YOUR FRANKENBOYFRIEND IS ROAMING AROUND NEW ORLEANS D'YA THINK MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO LOOK FOR HIM

Shlup
11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I've just been assuming Zoe was the next Supreme since they first mentioned it was a thing.

I also noted the lack of frankenboyfriend the last couple of episodes. You don't get to raise someone from the dead and then get busy with other thing, Zoe!

Also, Spalding amuses the shit outta me.

Jinx
11-07-2013, 10:01 PM
I LOVE Spalding. Like, every time he comes on the screen I "aaaaaw". Sure, he's crazier than a bedbug, but he's sweet and he's like a little kicked puppy. When Zoe suggested that they go hide in his room in the attic, and the way he shook his head really fast, and the face he made...I adore him.

I mean, yeah, of course everyone assumes Zoe's the Supreme. I just really want them to take a non-obvious direction with things.

Jinx
11-07-2013, 10:25 PM

Depression Moon
11-09-2013, 02:22 AM
That dude Splading has some real problems. I think having Zoe become the next supreme is too typical and I sort of want Marie Laveau to win. I also agree that showing Misty's face in the elevator was tricky when she really had nothing to do with it, which I already sort of figured that she didn't since she did not kill Madison, but was also blamed for that, though it could have been possible that she set the other stuff up, but I think it was Laveau that attacked the Supreme's daughter and drugged the Supreme, at least I thought she was drugged.

I still don't get that scene and that scene where she resurrected the dead baby was awkward. Is it truly alive with a soul or is it more like frankenboyfriend?

Also where the fuck did that swamp witch come from?

Shlup
11-09-2013, 05:10 AM
Can't this show do one thing the "typical" way?? Zoe for Supreme!

And, yeah, that dead baby. I don't like dead babies. I was nursing my baby while I watched the show, so as soon as they showed that baby I practically yelled "YOU BRING THAT BABY TO LIFE DAMMIT!!" I'm just going to assume it's truly alive because I do not like dead babies.

Shorty
11-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Spalding is hilarious and creepy. Dolls and ladies' nightgowns - awesome.

I knew Misty was going to bring that ginger witch back to life!

I'd like to see more of what's going to happen between the two covens. Seeing the minotaur's head in a box was pretty gnarly. Also, they seem to have backed off on the gore, for the most part. Those first two episodes, though, man. I kindof want more, though!

I don't know what the deal is with Cordelia being able to see that flashback of her husband cheating on her. Maybe now that she's blind she can see things in other ways?

Jinx
11-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I think she gained some new power. Which is cool! She also saw him killing The Maid.

As for the baby scene--while totally sad and messed up in ways, I cried when she gave her speech and brought the baby back to life. But, as I've read around, because of the weird flickering of the lights and the dream-like state, some people think she was hallucinating all of that.

Shlup
11-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Weren't the lights flickering in other scenes? Shittiest hospital ever, btw.

Depression Moon
11-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Did they ever show what Cordelia's innate ability was?

Shlup
11-12-2013, 11:35 PM
I thought it was her potions.

Rantz
11-13-2013, 10:15 PM
That was my impression as well!

Jinx
11-13-2013, 10:25 PM
And mine! In the first episode she tells the girls that she's a pretty ordinary witch.

ALSO TONIGHT YEEEEAH

Jinx
11-14-2013, 04:06 AM
Oh good god. The part where Zoe opens the chest with Madison's body and the part where the guts and bug comes out of her mouth when they're reviving her...both made me literally gag. I've never watched a show that made me physically retch before.

THOSE EVIL :bou::bou::bou::bou:S ARE TORTURING MY POOR SWEET SPALDING. YOU BIIIITCHEEEES

Cordelia is starting to become cool. I wasn't surprised her husband turned out to be a Witch Hunter; I saw that coming.

I don't really care for the Axman plot. Boooriiiing.

OMG MADISON'S BAAAACK

Previews for next week look like we're getting a busy show. I'm glad Delia is finally aware of what's going on with Fiona.

Shlup
11-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Yeah, Axman seems a bit superfluous with all that's already going on.

I'm glad Maddison is revived.

Jessweeee♪
11-16-2013, 04:42 AM
I checked out the first episode last night and then marathoned all of them. I haven't watched the first two seasons so all of this name swapping is confusing the hell out of me you guys.

Shlup
11-16-2013, 07:55 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I don't know like anyone's names.

Shorty
11-16-2013, 11:15 PM
The axman seems to have been introduced purely to probably turn Fiona's world upside down. She was whining in the hospital about being lonely, and so here he comes to sit down and ask what she's drinking.

I'm reaching the point where I'm getting fed up and don't care, just like in season two. Too many things crammed into too short of a time. First you have Madame Kathy Bates and her story which seems pretty integral to the plot, except where was she this episode? Nowhere to be found. She seems to be less and less important, which makes me question why they brought her in with such a strong start to the show, only to use her less and less. It makes me mad! Then we've got students getting raped by frat boys, minotaurs raping students and minotaur heads being sent to the other tribe. Then we have midlife crisis Fiona worrying about her youth and the next Supreme, resulting in Madison dying and Burny Spalding hoarding her corpse so he can dance with it when the moon gets full, Fiona conspiring with students in order to sabotage Myrtle, Misty Day brings everyone who dies back to life and Violet is a smurfing idiot because I don't get how she can't see that it didn't work out well the first time and asking Misty to bring Madison back is a bad idea. I still don't know why Tate is running around behaving like a mute gorilla or what point his role is in this show. Is it purely to keep Misty Day involved with the other characters? That's all it seems like to me. Then you have the Hoodoo tribe trying to kill the white witches and calling up corpses to terrorize the witches and what now, they've hired a hitman who's been biding his time for six years? Why? And what of the the boy next door and Frank Rossitano's mother from 30 Rock? Where are they and why were they important enough to be introduced? Now we've got ouija boards and spirits and American Jack the Ripper who wants to clean out the witches chatting up a desperate Fiona.

The reason these American Horror stories show they work is because all of the actors and actresses are so versatile in their changing roles from season to season. Violet is boring as trout. She seems to have zero acting skills and is exactly the same as she was in the first season and I am getting tired of her. Also her power is completely useless and stupid.

Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk had better get their trout in order. They are making the same mistakes as they made in season two in throwing too many colors into their palette and it's all just going to turn an awful murky brown if they aren't careful.

Jinx
11-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Agreed, wholeheartedly. I'm still enjoying the ride this season, much more than I was at this point last year. But I wish that they'd calm their tits about adding all this shit in. I want to watch a show about witches, not a cereal killer!

Strangely enough, some people actually think season two was better than season one. SAY WHAT COME AGAIN??? Oh well, even if season 3 goes the way of season 2, we'll always have season one. That was some damn fine television.

Shorty
11-16-2013, 11:23 PM
I would watch a show about a cereal killer.

Yeah, no way. Season one was the best, even if it had a little dip in awesomeness near the end.

Jinx
11-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Violet finding out she was dead really was the climax of the show. I can't remember how many more episodes were after she found out (two, I think?). They should've made that the penultimate episode of the season, then used the last episode to wrap the story up.

Although you have to admit: the last two minutes of season one were just brilliant. I was actually so upset when I found out American Horror Story was going to be an anthology instead of a continuance, because I wanted to see more of the Baby Antichrist!

Shorty
11-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Sorry I spoilered a couple of sentences cause Jesswee said she hadn't seen the other seasons and I think she should! But I absolutely agree, and it was a pretty sweet twist. That's more of what I'd like to see - blind-siding twists instead of just shock and awe. But I do like the shock and awe. I just want a little substance, too!

The last minutes of season one were so great because they could have continued at that point, but they didn't. They left it to mystery and completely open-ended, and I have a lot of respect for people who make the decision to do that in the right setting.

The end of season two was not great at all.

Jinx
11-16-2013, 11:38 PM
I never made it past the Anne Frank episode. Or maybe the episode after.

Yeah, that's the thing I didn't like about last season or this season. There's some fucked up shit and great moments of television, but I need more twists too. Like, OH SHIT WAAAAAT. Like, I think Delia's husband being a witch hunter working for Voodoo Queen was supposed to be a twist, but everyone already knew that. They can do better.

One thing that really bothers me about this season is Marie Laveau wanting to get LaLaurie back. Why? You can't kill her! If you wanted to keep her to torture her, why bury her in the ground? I know in this past episode she said that when she buries a bitch, a bitch better stay buried, but...I dunno, it just doesn't seem like a very realistic drive to me. Certainly not something worth starting a war over.

Shorty
11-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Cordelia's husband is such a godawful actor, I really can't stand him xD

It seems like an excuse to start a war, yeah. But how is a war going to play out? It's not really a war, either. It's... one madass black lady vs. three students, a blind woman and an emotionally unstable Supreme.

#desperate housewitches iyam

Jessweeee♪
11-17-2013, 01:48 AM
I was kind of disappointed when Axman was introduced. I feel like he's going to be this huge cliche thing subtracting from more interesting things.

Jinx
11-21-2013, 04:07 AM
Here was my reaction to THE SCENE:

Oh my god

Oh my god

Are they going to have a threesome

Yes
Yes
YES
YEEEEEEEEEES

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING THAT AMERICAN HORROR STORY HAS EVER DONE

WHAT THE FUCK I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE AXMAN GO BACK TO THE UNDEAD THREESOME

I was literally clapping and cheering so hard.

Denmark
11-21-2013, 04:09 AM
i still don't like the axe man as a character. every scene with him is just like "zzzzzzz show anyone else pls"

zombie/frankenstein/superwitch threesome yessss

Shlup
11-21-2013, 09:02 AM
1) SPAAAALDIIIIIINGGGGGG!
2) Queenie + Immortal Bitch = BFF. The look on her face when Queenie betrayed her. xD
3) Go away, Axman. You're getting in the way of Fiona's storyline.
4) Threesome with two walking corpses... Buh.

Jinx
11-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah, when Queenie betrayed LaLaurie, I said to Rob, "You can see that exact moment when her heart breaks!"

ALSO BITCH KILLED MY BOY SPALDING I'MA HAFF TO CUT A BITCH

Shorty
11-26-2013, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I'm not liking this axman business. That was creepy as shit.

This season has turned disappointing. I don't really like where it's going anymore but I'm going to keep watching to bitch it, probably.

Shlup
11-26-2013, 06:35 AM
I think it's great!

Jinx
11-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't care for the Axman shit, but I still think there are some really great parts to it. I mean, we're just a little over halfway, so it might turn around.

Depression Moon
01-09-2014, 04:20 AM
What happened to the other immortal and what was goign on with the Supreme's daughter?

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2014, 06:58 AM
Well that most recent episode was a whole lot of things. I'm too far down the rabbit hole to back out of this show now though.

I hope Nan isn't gone forever and turns out to be some really badass...something. Nobody else stays dead, they better not kill off the coolest character for good :(

Jinx
01-09-2014, 02:23 PM
NAN :(

Well this episode was definitely something, alright.

LunarWeaver
01-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Very few ideas in this season had satisfying payoff. Nothing had impact to it. There were far too many reversals. And reversals of those reversals. The magic was so ill-defined that nothing mattered. I'm very disappointed by it :[ I guess the ending had some cute factor when Jean Grey finally took over the X-Men school. I hope next season is more focused on horror again.

Shauna
01-31-2014, 09:54 AM
mm, all the plots just kind of tapered off and now everything's okay. Disappointing.

Jinx
02-01-2014, 05:25 AM
I'm satisfied with the ending, but not really thrilled. Like Kyle, I'd really like to see them get back to horror like in the first season. The first season SCARED THE SHIT out of me. The second season (what I saw) was just laughably bad.

OKAY WHY WAS THERE A JERSEY DEVIL IN THE CREDITS IF HE NEVER SHOWED UP IN THE SHOW MY GOD COME ON

Jessweeee♪
02-01-2014, 08:42 AM
I really liked the last episode. But as a whole the season was kind of ugh. I mean it had a lot of promise with the first few episodes and then the plot just kind of spilled everywhere.

Misty's death in the last episode was especially unsettling for me. That was done very well.

Jinx
02-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah, hours after we watched the episode, I really was stewing about Misty's death. It just seems so unfair that she made it through so much to die like that.

Also, I assume that everyone goes to Hell when they die? That's depressing as fuck.

Jessweeee♪
02-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Yeah, even Nan walked off with the voodoo guy so I guess she got to go to her own hell, too :(

Jinx
02-01-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Papa Legba was Satan.

Shorty
02-01-2014, 07:51 PM
I never finished this. Is it worth it? I began hating it and looked at it as a waste of time.

Jessweeee♪
02-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Maybe read the episode summaries and then watch the last one?

Jinx
02-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Depends on how far you got. If you got 70% or more of the way through, I'd say go ahead and finish it.

Shlup
02-02-2014, 10:52 PM
I really don't like shows where you get to the point where you don't even flinch at a death because there's no point in taking it seriously. I enjoyed watching it overall, but I was far from impressed.