PDA

View Full Version : How do you get angry?

Laddy
09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm usually pretty calm, but whenever I get a little angry I can just bitch incessantly, trying so hard to use $10 words and RANDOMLY emphasizing words with NO clear PATTERN.

Mo-Nercy
09-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Usually I'm pretty good at keeping my anger in check. The only signs of anger I'll typically display are -tsk-ing noises, heavy sighs and only giving out short, one-word answers.

If the anger persists over a longer period of time, I tend to go for a drive to let off some steam, or even just sit in the car and stew for a bit. My car serves as a bit of a relaxation zone.

Shorty
09-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I get irritable and huffy and quiet until I either explode from over-thinking about it or calm myself down and realize that it's silly to be so upset.

Shauna
09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I get irritable and huffy until I get over it. Alternatively, depending on the severity of the anger (as in if I am super angry), I get irritable and huffy and then cry all the feeling out.

Formalhaut
09-11-2013, 06:30 PM
It takes ALOT to get me actually angry. Most of the time, I'll be miffed/annoyed, in which case I'll be perturbed and even confused. If I'm jokingly annoyed I'll be animated in a lively, jokey fashion while berating the person in an a jokey annoyed fashion.

But when I'm ACTUALLY angry, I turn very... cold. Cold is probably the only way to describe me actually being angry.

Gamblet
09-11-2013, 06:34 PM
But when I'm ACTUALLY angry, I turn very... cold. Cold is probably the only way to describe me actually being angry.

Same.

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2013, 08:03 AM
"smurf the smurf off you stupid smurfing twat before I smurfing hit you in the smurfing teeth with this smurfing ruler, you :bou::bou::bou::bou:ing little trout."

This is how I respond to "Hello". I swear more when I'm angry.

Jiro
09-12-2013, 08:11 AM
I appear agitated and erratic because I mostly just want to flip tables and set things on fire.

The Man
09-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Sometimes I slam doors. Sometimes I swear. Most of the time I keep it to myself unless something really pisses me off though.

Gamblet
09-12-2013, 12:27 PM
"smurf the smurf off you stupid smurfing twat before I smurfing hit you in the smurfing teeth with this smurfing ruler, you :bou::bou::bou::bou:ing little trout."

This is how I respond to "Hello". I swear more when I'm angry.

Somebody injected CID cells in you.

Aelitalily
09-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Personally I love sentence enhancers, like dolphin noises from spongebob... xD But generally when I get upset/angry about something it takes me a while to process it to then deal and get over the problem. In the mean time I have a hard time not word vomitting about it to people around me xD

Chemical
09-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Internalize the hate, smile, let it fester and then drink heavily until I die.

Still better than Bruce Banner.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IfDEVNAP-BM/TbdUBnOACtI/AAAAAAAAAjA/FPMcWfOfWUk/s1600/HulkSmash.gif

yukina
09-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I tend to get angry rarely; when I do, I take deep breaths and hold it in if I have to but if I'm welcome to vent it out on the person involved, I turn into a fast-talking shrew :))

Cuchulainn
09-12-2013, 05:46 PM
What is anger?

noxious.sunshine
09-12-2013, 07:35 PM
I try and stay quiet and calm and laid back, but.....

yeah no.

I get loud and proud with it and curse up a storm and slam doors sometimes... I'm absolutely not afraid to get in someone's face and tell them wtf is up - regardless of how much bigger they are than me (I'm only 5'0"). For the longest time, I was convinced that someday I'd get my ass kicked cuz of this.

Back when I was with my ex fiancee, I'd get so pissed off at him I'd break things. It's not something I'm proud of by any means and I've since learned to control myself better ... I've broken my MacBook, the flat screen tv my dad bought for us (me), plates, glasses, beer bottles... The 1st 2 actually were accidents, but the consequences were bad.

And what's kind of scary is that my daughter has my temper. I never act out like that in front of her.... She does it on her own ... if you mess with her too much, she -will- get pissed off and she does not care at all. It's kinda interesting to see

Pike
09-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't get angry very often. I get annoyed with people sometimes. When that happens I actually tend to go full on super mega obnoxiously nice to the person pissing me off, sometimes to the point of condescension. I think it's because this tends to make the other person angry without giving them the satisfaction of knowing that I'm visibly upset.

It's kind of a petty thing to do and I've tried to cut back on it. When I played WoW, I removed myself from trade chat because if some douchebag in chat pissed me off (happens a lot, because hello trade chat) I would log into some anonymous alt and send them whispers about "I know you're feeling upset but go take a nap or something and then have a nice day, and don't forget to smile, hon :)" just because it amused me and I just know it pissed them off. One time some guy called me a name for no good reason and how did I retaliate? By sending him a "Tasty Cupcake" (it's supposed to make your character happy) in the ingame mail once a week for like six months.

I don't know. It's sort of schadenfreude I guess. As I said I've tried to cut back on it quite a lot because it's stupid.

Night Fury
09-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Mine kind of goes like this.

------------'...............------!!!.............

I'll be a bit annoyed. I'll have a wee outburst, then I'm mellow. Then if it doesn't go away I'll get a bit annoyed again, then I'll have a really short tantrum and then I'll be absolutely fine.

Usually my tantrums are long winded rants with a lot of expletives and some stomping around but usually I just need to let it out of my system. Kind of like an anger burp. Once it's gone I feel totally good.

Shiny
09-13-2013, 11:20 PM
I get more irritable than angry. When I'm irritable I give short, maybe some what curt responses because I'd rather not be bothered until I calm down. If I get actually angry I tell people to smurf off because I don't want to be bothered then either, but I'm beyond the point of passivity about it.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-14-2013, 04:40 AM
I get annoyed with people occasionally, but it is very rare when I get angry. Usually when I get angry, it's when people are treating my friends and family badly. If I'm present during the incident, I'll tell the person to stop doing whatever they are doing to my friend or to stop talking behind their backs. I don't ever yell or anything (the only time I've yelled at someone was in 4th grade when a girl wouldn't stop poking me in the arm for something like 20 minutes straight). Usually people can't tell when I'm annoyed just because I don't really visibly change my face or anything. I'm also already a pretty quiet person, and even though I think that I do get more quiet when I am annoyed, no one notices.

Jiro
09-14-2013, 04:47 AM
What is anger?

That feeling you experience as soon as you wake up until you go to bed.

theundeadhero
09-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Cold, silent fury.

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm angry like fireworks. Short, loud, bright bursts of emotion and then it's over and I'm over it. Unless one of two things happens: the person inciting my anger doesn't leave well enough alone. Then I'm more like the sneaky eye of the stove that you forgot you turned on and for some reason set your hand on and I say really nasty mean things that go right to where you live and burn you down. Then I cry because I was so mean.

The other thing is if someone messes with someone I care about or someone or something defenseless. That takes me to a point of anger where I act without thinking of what I'm doing, what consequences it has and without remorse, which is really bad.

Cuchulainn
09-15-2013, 05:17 PM
What is anger?

That feeling you experience as soon as you wake up until you go to bed.

Oh THAT! Yea I know that. We call that life though, not anger. Must be an Irish thing. Seperated by a common language

Mirage
09-15-2013, 06:59 PM
As I'm staring through the red mist
I feel my blood boiling as I'm
clenching my fists so hard.
My heart rate goes up to the top
and my mind feels like I'm about to erupt.

Iceglow
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm getting increasingly better at keeping my anger under wraps. Mostly when I'm pissed off though I'll be vocal about it, I'll get overly sarcastic and snappy even more so than normal. If I'm pissed off and I'm not being vocal, that is when people should worry because It'll generally mean I've got something planned for them. Like one of the regional managers in my previous company found out when he tried to bully me in work and found himself defending a grievance case.

Jinx
09-16-2013, 12:15 AM
I don't get angry. I get even.

Aulayna
09-16-2013, 12:25 AM
It depends what type of situation it is. Working where I work I usually just flail on my desk or sigh, occassionally rant a bit with the guy sitting next to me. Outside of work if it's with other people I'll just pent it up and sigh quite heavilly. If I'm really angry I can snap at people and making really snarky remarks I end up regretting - this happens online too.

At home I tend to just talk it out by ranting out loud to myself. Probably pace around a bit until I calm down.

A lot of the time I just pent it up though. I used to just work it out in the gym (just by doing like an hour on the crosstrainer) but haven't been in sometime now. I should probably go again as I've been rather cranky lately.

supernaps
09-16-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't usually get angry, even in situations that most people would get, but when that particular thing (which include- someone breaking my guitar string, Arsenal losing, people drinking my bottle of coca cola, that sort of things) takes place that sets me off and triggers that imad reaction out of me, I usually go berserk, using all the greek cursing dictionary (we're talking about a very rich one) in a non-coherent way, punching my fist to the wall for dramatic flare (and then bitching some more about it) and then it's off my system.
It usually lasts for a good 5 minutes.

Kalen
09-16-2013, 03:58 AM
If it's with really close family or my boyfriend, I usually cry if I get upset enough.

But the other day a patient's family member shoved a used toilet commode into my leg and all I could do was speechlessly glare at them in wonder and amazement at how anyone could be so rude.

I always think of grate things to say later. ;)

Old Manus
09-16-2013, 11:48 AM
I write long posts on tumblr with liberal usage of the phrases "i can't even" and "i'm so fucking triggered"

Dat Matt
09-16-2013, 07:37 PM
I have been livid once in my life. Story time:

Shauna, Myself, and Three friends were looking to get a flat for 3rd and 4th year of Uni. Found a place close to the uni of the 4 others, and close for transport for me for super cheap. Paid a deposit, got all our things ready, was great.

During an exam, and exam I had to pass to go back to uni, I got a call. Listened to the answer phone message saying that we weren't getting the flat because it was not licensed for 5 people, only 3. 3 people could stay there, but no one else was allowed to stay overnight. Within 2 hours of telling me this news, they were showing the flat to other potential tenants. I was so angry I stormed right down there, demanded to see the landlord and have him explain himself. When he did not show up in person, yelled at him down the phone, punched a brick wall, screamed cried and at the end. Demanded a refund and compensation for the stress incurred. They gave us the full deposit back, but no compensation as they were just middle men between us and the landlord.

Myself, Shauna and one of the other three friends got a place together, and the other two (whom were a couple) got a flat together themselves.

So when I get angry, I scream and hit things apparently.

Araciel
09-17-2013, 04:21 AM
tick tock tick tock tick tock

Hollycat
09-17-2013, 05:46 AM
When I was younger I had a terrible anger problem. I would lose control completely for very little reason. People got hurt, and I did things I regret. I now have snuffed out my anger. I still get frustrated, but I am in total control now. It's been years since the last time I hurt someone physically.

Madame Adequate
09-17-2013, 06:00 AM
I get incredibly vicious in what I say to people. You know that part in House where Cuddy says something like "You think House is mean but he's actually holding back - when he actually wants to hurt you, you will know"? Yeah, I'm a lot like that.

I try to stay chill as much as possible. Most trout's not worth getting worked up about, and I save my anger for things that actually matter, like loved ones being wronged or the awful state of the world or whatever. Then I impotently bitch on the Internet when people say things that I find distasteful. :monster: Also a lot of things directly relating to me that would make other people angry just make me anxious instead.

Flaming Ice
09-17-2013, 06:17 PM
:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:Add to my collection of skulls.:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

Captain Maxx Power
09-17-2013, 09:01 PM
I usually become very terse, usually only speaking in short single word sentances. Basically if I'm not smiling or cracking jokes in some way, chances are I'm incandescently angry.

Christmas
04-25-2023, 12:50 AM
I post on EoFF. :mad2: