PDA

View Full Version : Rank The Main Protagonists!

Laddy
09-11-2013, 03:36 PM
I included IV and up since they have the most development.
1. Terra (VI)
2. Zidane (IX)
3. Cloud (VII)
4. Cecil (IV)
5. Bartz (V)
6. Lightning (XIII)
7. Vaan (XII)
8. Squall (VIII)
9. Tidus (X)

Karifean
09-11-2013, 04:35 PM
1. Tidus (X)
2. Cloud (VII)
3. Squall (VIII)
4. Zidane (IX)
5. Lightning (XIII)
6. Serah (XIII-2)
7. Yuna (X-2)
8. Bartz (V)
9. Cecil (IV)
10. Vaan (XII)

Now why did I put Tidus at #1? Simply because he's EXACTLY the protagonist FFX needs. I left out VI because I don't feel there is a definitive main protagonist in that game. I'd have almost left out Lightning as well, but she's enough of a main protagonist to qualify.

Foo
09-19-2013, 05:39 PM
1. Terra (VI)
2. Zidane (IX)
3. Cloud (VII)
4. Cecil (IV)
5. Bartz (V)
6. Lightning (XIII)
7. Vaan (XII)
8. Squall (VIII)
9. Tidus (X)

Lightning above Squall, Vaan and Tidus?

:laughing:

Hollycat
09-19-2013, 07:11 PM
1. Terra (VI)
2. Zidane (IX)
3. Cloud (VII)
4. Cecil (IV)
5. Bartz (V)
6. Lightning (XIII)
7. Vaan (XII)
8. Squall (VIII)
9. Tidus (X)

I can understand laughing about squall and tidus, but what about Vaan?

Laddy
09-19-2013, 09:17 PM
1. Terra (VI)
2. Zidane (IX)
3. Cloud (VII)
4. Cecil (IV)
5. Bartz (V)
6. Lightning (XIII)
7. Vaan (XII)
8. Squall (VIII)
9. Tidus (X)

Squall and Tidus were unlikable, and Vaan, while pleasant, had relatively little to do with the plot.

Super Christ
09-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Vaan was a cardboard cutout that the party carried with them.

Laddy
09-20-2013, 02:15 AM
And as inoffensive as one.

Super Christ
09-20-2013, 04:22 AM
Sure, he's as inoffensive as a cutout, but there's not much more you can say for him.

I suppose, if I were to order them, and leaving out the warriors of light (1 & 3) and the characters you make yourself (11 & 14), then I'd have to rate them in this order.

1. Cecil. Probably the most heroic character in the series - although he starts out on the wrong path, he seeks, and finds, redemption; and then devotes himself to undoing all the damage he caused.
2. Tidus. He is the hero that X needed, because at the beginning of the game he is as much an outside observer of Spira as the player is.
3. Terra? Celes? Locke? VI doesn't have a very clear main character, but they're all impressive; and the group in VI had probably the largest challenges to overcome.
4. Bartz. The pimp.
5. Firion. He's one of the few Amano character designs I like.
6. Zidane. Nothing in particular to say about him, I just didn't like him as much as the ones above him for whatever reason.
7. Squall. He has his issues in the beginning but does, by and large, get over them by the end.
8. Lightning. I'll take Cloud with boobs over Cloud any day.
9. Cloud. Cloud's a jerk.
10. Vaan. As I recall, Basch was originally going to be the main character. They should've stuck with that; or failing that, made Balthier or Ashe the main character.

Pete for President
09-26-2013, 07:18 AM
1. Tidus (X). Bold and ignorant he shakes up an entire religion. He goes from superstar to outsider, and it works like a charm.
2. Ramza (T). The only reason Ramza is number two is because I don't own FFT. If I had more than the 1 borrowed playthrough, he'd probably be number 1.
3. Zidane (IX). Lively dude, I liked the guy.
4. Vaan (XII). Nothing to do with the story, but I did like his thief-ish rascal background.
5. Cloud (VII). I never really got what the fuss was all about.
6. Lightning (XIII). Hardly anything was human about her. Go home, negativitron!

I left out VI because I never finished it.

Quindiana Jones
09-26-2013, 07:21 AM
1. Amarant.
2. Penelo.
3. Interceptor.
4. Cait Sith.
5. Thief.

Loony BoB
09-26-2013, 04:27 PM
I've added in some more. ;)

Loony Bob (XIV)
Loonybob (XI)
Bartz (V)
Zack (VII:CC)
Zidane (IX)
Cloud (VII)
Lightning (XIII)
Serah (XIII-2)
Squall (VIII)
Celes or Locke (VI)
Fighter (I)
--distance--
Vaan (XII)
--so much distance--
Tidus (X)

Elskidor
09-27-2013, 01:33 AM
Sure, he's as inoffensive as a cutout, but there's not much more you can say for him.

I suppose, if I were to order them, and leaving out the warriors of light (1 & 3) and the characters you make yourself (11 & 14), then I'd have to rate them in this order.

1. Cecil. Probably the most heroic character in the series - although he starts out on the wrong path, he seeks, and finds, redemption; and then devotes himself to undoing all the damage he caused.
2. Tidus. He is the hero that X needed, because at the beginning of the game he is as much an outside observer of Spira as the player is.
3. Terra? Celes? Locke? VI doesn't have a very clear main character, but they're all impressive; and the group in VI had probably the largest challenges to overcome.
4. Bartz. The pimp.
5. Firion. He's one of the few Amano character designs I like.
6. Zidane. Nothing in particular to say about him, I just didn't like him as much as the ones above him for whatever reason.
7. Squall. He has his issues in the beginning but does, by and large, get over them by the end.
8. Lightning. I'll take Cloud with boobs over Cloud any day.
9. Cloud. Cloud's a jerk.
10. Vaan. As I recall, Basch was originally going to be the main character. They should've stuck with that; or failing that, made Balthier or Ashe the main character.

I like this list for the most part. I'd probably place Tidus after Squall and swap Squall for Bartz though. Vaan is easily the most worthless of main characters. That game probably would have ran better without him in it at all.

black orb
10-09-2013, 05:42 AM
>>> Is just me or people is starting to appreciate Tidus?
I mean, he is like the most hated FF main protagonist since FFX appeared.
Which is funny since he became my fav FF main protagonist when FFX appeared..:luca:

Hollycat
10-10-2013, 12:23 AM
>>> Is just me or people is starting to appreciate Tidus?
I mean, he is like the most hated FF main protagonist since FFX appeared.
Which is funny since he became my fav FF main protagonist when FFX appeared..:luca:
No, it's just between him and Vaan, Tidus is the Birth of Venus and Vaan a black and white painting of snow when it comes to personality.

Vaan is just kind of along for the ride.

DMKA
10-10-2013, 03:17 AM
1. Lightning
2. Zidane
3. Cloud
4. Squall
5. Terra
6. Tidus
7. Cecil
8. Bartz
9. Luneth
10. Vaan

Cosmiccandy
10-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Im only going to list the ones from the games I have played, and yes i've never played VII so sue me. From best to worst.

Cecil
Tidus
Squall
Lightning
Bartz
Vaan

Cecil's transformation into a Paladin remains my favourite moment from any of the games. I felt he had good character development, sufficient motivation for his actions, and generally acted like you would expect a different person to act when thrust into a similair situation. Just well written generally speaking.

Tidus's daddy issues might be insufferable to some, and his status as sports star makes him hard to relate to but he makes sense as the games protagonist. He has his romance with Yuna, his ties to Dream Zanarkand, and his conflict with Sin/Jecht. Most importantly, the fact that hes an outsider and so ignorant of Yevon tradition is ultimately what makes the party question their beliefs and way of thinking. He shakes things up and shows everyone the value of an outside perspective by ultimately defeating Sin where they failed.

Squall was angsty to the point of unrealistic, but in a way he is kind of like Han Solo. He might seem selfish or insufferable, but at the end of the day he helps Luke blow up the Death Star. Hes ultimately a good guy when the chips are down as a reluctant hero. He makes sense as the protagonist because of his rivalry with Seifer and romance with Rinoa and how those two characters are later entwined with the whole sorceress/time compression threat.

Ill be the first to admit I hated FF XIII's story, but Lightning was a decent character. No crowning moments besides punching that dumbass Snow in the face, but she wasn't bad or anything.

Bartz and Vaan just kind of seemed along for the ride to me. I don't really understand what motivates them to do anything and they aren't particularly interesting to me. I would rather Lenna and Ashe be the main characters respectively. Bartz scores higher for being a pimp.

Mercen-X
10-19-2013, 06:02 AM
01. Cecil Harvey
02. Cloud Strife/Zack Fair
03. Squall Leonheart
04. Ashe Dalmasca
05. Terra Branford
06. Firion
07. Lightning
08. Zidane Tribal
09. Tidus
10. Bartz Klauser

Elskidor
10-19-2013, 06:40 AM
Actually why is Vaan on any of these lists? Ashe or Basch for XII or even Balthier played a stronger role than Vaan for the main protagonist.

Shiny
10-26-2013, 04:50 AM
1. Zidane (IX) - He was funny. Not as funny as Quina or Gangsta Moogle, but still pretty funny.
2. Terra (VI) - She was going to be #1, but she tends to be a buzz kill sometimes.
3. Tidus (X) - He was annoying but he had realistic character development and he was funny (to laugh at).
4. Cloud (VII) - He dressed up as a woman. If Mukki likes him he's a-okay with me.
5. Bartz (V) - I haven't finished V yet, it was boring me, but I remember him also being boring. I can't exactly recall if he was good to play as and a cool dude. Anyway, I named him Buttz. It amused me at the time.
6. Lightning (XIII) - I don't like her Squall-like attitude.
7. Vaan (XII) - What the hell is this. He's horrible. Who honestly spends all of their free time killing rats? Seriously? Pick a better hobby and also put a shirt on. The only reason he's higher than Squall is because Squall's personality is really the worse. Everything about him is contrived.
8. Squall (VIII) - He's Squall. No further explanation needed.

TrollHunter
10-28-2013, 08:17 AM
1: Gilgamesh (yes, he is the protagonist)
2: Ashe
3: Cecil
4: Terra
5: Cloud
6: Zidane
7: Tidus
8: Lightning
9: Squall

Forsaken Lover
11-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Thinking of Ashe as the MC of XII....

1. Cloud/Ashe
2. Cloud/Ashe
3. Cecil
4. Tidus
5. Zidane
6. Squall
7 Firion
8. Lightning

Sephiroth
11-28-2013, 07:29 PM
I. Cloud Strife/Zack Fair/Vincent Valentine (CoFFVII)
II. Eclair/Claire "Lightning" Farron/Serah Farron (FNC: FFXIII)
III. Tina/Terra Branford (FFVI)
IV. Cecil Harvey/Ceodore Harvey (FFIV Saga)
V. Tidus/Yuna (FFX Saga)
VI. Zidane Tribal (FFIX)
VII. Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)
VIII. Ashelia "Ashe" B'nargan Dalmasca/Vaan (Ivalice Alliance: FFXII)
IX. Butz/Bartz Klauser (FFV)
Then the rest.