PDA

View Full Version : There must always be a Warchief.

Jowy
09-11-2013, 11:29 PM
live feed of the Russians attempting to overthrow their oppressive government and listening to nu-metal. (http://www.twitch.tv/shtyr)

Who do you see fit to rule the Horde? I haven't played this game in three smurfing years so if anyone can get me a truncated version of the events of the current expansion, I'd appreciate it. :aimsun:

I'd be cool with Baine or Vol'jin running the show.

Pike
09-11-2013, 11:39 PM
are they finally getting rid of whatsisname now?

I haven't played in forever

Slothy
09-11-2013, 11:42 PM
What current expansion? Absolutely nothing Warcraft related has happened since The Frozen Throne. :colbert:

Jowy
09-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah, he's got like 1.3 billion HP.

Voltron model 22: The short version is that the Horde's now allied with the goblins, blood elves, and pandarians. Thrall's off being a superhero and saving Azeroth and has a kid now. Varian's out of lockup and smurfin' hates Orcs. Bolvar's the Lich King now and just keeps the undead walking around in circles up in Northrend.

Check this out, Steph:

Pike
09-12-2013, 01:09 AM
Numbers started being ridiculous in WotLK and have just gotten increasingly ridiculous.

I miss TBC.

Jowy
09-12-2013, 02:21 AM
DARKSPEAR SUPREMACY!

Okay, that's as much Warcraft as we'll probably talk until WC4 comes out.

Madame Adequate
09-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah Vol'jin needs to be the big boss of the Horde.

Freya
09-13-2013, 05:56 PM
The only way I see a wc4 is if it was a prequel. Since WoW just keeps continuing the story.

Slothy
09-14-2013, 12:30 AM
The only way I see a wc4 is if it was a prequel. Since WoW just keeps continuing the story.

Which is the saddest part of the whole series for me.

Pike
09-14-2013, 01:55 AM
This may cost me geek points but I never played Warcraft (or Starcraft, for that matter) for the story. I played them because they were damn good RTS games.

I've largely moved on to other types of strategy now but Blizzard sure knew how to make a good RTS.

Aulayna
09-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Vol'jin is the new warchief

Freya
09-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Bout time. Garrosh was just a dick

Pike
09-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Vol'jin is the new warchief

For real?

That's about as good as you can get without it being Cairne (Rest in RIP :( )

There needs to be more blood elf focused lore because seriously read this (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/leader-story/lorthemar-theron/1) I didn't think blood elves could give me feels but here we are :shobon:

Aulayna
09-16-2013, 12:34 AM
ALLIANCE ENDING

L4V6hk-_30k

HORDE ENDING

c_JarJXltBI

theundeadhero
09-16-2013, 01:45 AM
The basic idea of it is that as a Shadow Hunter Vol'jin realizes you don't have to be a troll to be a true Shadow Hunter. Most of the Horde in general embodies the spirit of the Shadow Hunter and he steps up to guide them in the right direction.

Lonely Paper Star
09-21-2013, 06:18 PM
I would get on WoW again just to do Siege of Orgrimmar. Then probably quit again. Lol.

I've always been fascinated by the Warcraft lore. X3

OXKMHMQNo8I

I don't remember Jaina always being this bitchy? Wtf
I was so happy when the warchief is revealed. He looks so cool in that last part. fffff

Aulayna
09-21-2013, 06:41 PM
I would get on WoW again just to do Siege of Orgrimmar. Then probably quit again. Lol.

OXKMHMQNo8I

I was so happy when the warchief is revealed. He looks so cool in that last part. fffff

Jaina finally snapped. After having her father murdered by the Orcs, constantly trying to strive for peace between the Alliance and Horde and more often than not getting undermined largely by the Horde, Goblins operating under the orders of Garrosh blew up Theramore using a Mana Bomb - she went a bit mad after that and nearly single handedly went and blew up Orgrimmar with the same bomb. But she was talked down from it, kept it contained realising that it would jeopardise everything she'd ever worked for.. She even stood against Varian in trying to prevent all out war in Pandaria. The thing that seems to have pushed her over the edge though is when members of the Horde used the neutral city of Dalaran to get into Darnassus, massacre a bunch of Night Elves and steal a very precious artefact that pretty much set the events of Siege of Orgrimmar in motion. At the time she didn't know it was rogue elements within the Horde that did it but I think by that point, after losing her home and everything she'd worked for, I think she finally snapped after being betrayed one too many a time by the Horde and now she seems to be out for blood as she's pretty much been shat on by everyone now. :(

Although to be fair she did only ask for Varian to dismantle the Horde, not murdering them all. It's still an interesting turn of events considering she was the one who stopped Varian from doing the exact same thing way back during the Battle of the Undercity quest line in WotLK.

Still I hope they turn her story into one of redemption, of her own accord - not through needing some man to save her, and not just make her a future raid boss.

Lonely Paper Star
09-21-2013, 07:59 PM

OXKMHMQNo8I

Jaina finally snapped. After having her father murdered by the Orcs, constantly trying to strive for peace between the Alliance and Horde and more often than not getting undermined largely by the Horde, Goblins operating under the orders of Garrosh blew up Theramore using a Mana Bomb - she went a bit mad after that and nearly single handedly went and blew up Orgrimmar with the same bomb. But she was talked down from it, kept it contained realising that it would jeopardise everything she'd ever worked for.. She even stood against Varian in trying to prevent all out war in Pandaria. The thing that seems to have pushed her over the edge though is when members of the Horde used the neutral city of Dalaran to get into Darnassus, massacre a bunch of Night Elves and steal a very precious artefact that pretty much set the events of Siege of Orgrimmar in motion. At the time she didn't know it was rogue elements within the Horde that did it but I think by that point, after losing her home and everything she'd worked for, I think she finally snapped after being betrayed one too many a time by the Horde and now she seems to be out for blood as she's pretty much been shat on by everyone now. :(

Although to be fair she did only ask for Varian to dismantle the Horde, not murdering them all. It's still an interesting turn of events considering she was the one who stopped Varian from doing the exact same thing way back during the Battle of the Undercity quest line in WotLK.

Still I hope they turn her story into one of redemption, of her own accord - not through needing some man to save her, and not just make her a future raid boss.

a.k.a. Garrosh is terrible at everything. -___- smurf him.

But yeah, I see that Jaina does have a good reason for her bitterness. I wish she and Thrall were bros again, though.

I played a lot more Horde than Alliance, and maybe 2 days worth of MoP, so I didn't know much of her post early Cata. But this development of hers is pretty awesome in a "wow, a lot of trout happened" way.

And thanks for explaining it to me. <3

Skyblade
09-22-2013, 12:25 AM

OXKMHMQNo8I

What can we say? The Horde are bad guys. We've known that since Orcs vs Humans. Not my fault it took Jaina so long to clue in.

I'm reminded of the classic Doctor Who episode, The Aztecs.

BARBARA: I don't believe it.
IAN: Well, you must. If only you could stand away from this thing, you'd see it clearly. Autloc's the extraordinary man here. He's the reasonable one, the civilised one, the one that's prepared to listen to advice. But he's one man, Barbara. One man.

Barbara is Jaina. She dealt with one good orc (who didn't grow up among the orcs), one noble person, and that colored her view of a society that is largely corrupt, savage, and evil.

Jaina does deserve a good ending though.

theundeadhero
09-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Thrall is the one who talked Jaina down from destroying Org by showing her what she was really doing and how it would effect everyone. Her hatred isn't blind, and it's earned.